Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Originally Posted by aimeelaco28 View Post

Hey everyone!

I was married May 23rd and wanted to share my wedding slideshow with you all. I had Anel from Adventure photo and with out a doubt I highly recommend using her! Anywho if any of you have any questions feel free to ask away :)

Enjoy!

http://230512rayner.dreamsriveriacancun.adventurephotos.com.mx/

Wow, your pictures are amazing and everything about your wedding looked stunning!!!

Originally Posted by JQLong View Post

O.K....

I am still letting my wonderful experience sink in and I want to give a thorough review...so for now....

We have our slideshow!!!

http://040712long.dreamsriveriacancun.adventurephotos.com.mx/

The entire experience was truly So Amazing!

I cannot say enough how wonderful this place is.  We feel so blessed to have had our family and friends join us.

I hope you enjoy.....

JQ

Thanks fro the review and the reassurance that everything will turn out amazing, that makes me feel less stressed out.

Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

okay girls this is totally un related to dreams BUT if you are bored and can give me an opinion id appreciate it..

SO 2 days ago I boughy my dress. i put it on and fell absolutely in love with it, i know its the dress i want to wear- no doubt about it. HOWEVER when i went to pay for it and get my measurements taken she aked me if i was ordering it in the color i tried on...... because the color i tried on was champage/ivory. The champagne is very subtle and underneath the ivory & the rest of the dress is IVORY.

I was DEAD SET on getting a bright white wedding dress.... myself and my friends all though the dress was white until she told us it wasnt!! anyway they convinced me that i loved it as is and to not change the color but its 2 days later and its all i could think about!!! The consultant told me that the designer I ordered uses a very bright white and it cheapens the look of the dress. she said the one i tried on was the richest looking & i would be dissapointed with the all white, but i can still change my mind!!

The dress comes in either champage/ivory/silver, /ivory/ivory/silver or white/white/silver. not only did i NOT get the white but i got the CHAMPAGE ( just saying the word scares me ) i am totally freaking out.

am i going to look dirty next to my white tablecloths ??? AHHH GRRR someone help me what would you do !?!? my friends and family thought i looked beautiful and think im insane and dont want to hear about it anymore. =**(

I think that you should go with the color that your tried on and fell in love with, your first instinct is most of the time the best to go with.  Also, you don't know what the "true" white will look like against your skin tone and you could absolutely hate it and than you are stuck with a dress color that doesn't flatter you.  I would say that I see less and less brides  getting true white dress, they are more off white, ivory and champagne has also become very popular.  I would say the color you tried on sounds extremely beautiful and will look nice a rich and won't look off from the white tablecloths. 

Hope this helps a little and you have a right to stress as it's a huge decision to make for that perfect dress.  Honestly, go with what you fell in love with and you know that looks amazing on you.

okay girls this is totally un related to dreams BUT if you are bored and can give me an opinion id appreciate it..

SO 2 days ago I boughy my dress. i put it on and fell absolutely in love with it, i know its the dress i want to wear- no doubt about it. HOWEVER when i went to pay for it and get my measurements taken she aked me if i was ordering it in the color i tried on...... because the color i tried on was champage/ivory. The champagne is very subtle and underneath the ivory & the rest of the dress is IVORY.

I was DEAD SET on getting a bright white wedding dress.... myself and my friends all though the dress was white until she told us it wasnt!! anyway they convinced me that i loved it as is and to not change the color but its 2 days later and its all i could think about!!! The consultant told me that the designer I ordered uses a very bright white and it cheapens the look of the dress. she said the one i tried on was the richest looking & i would be dissapointed with the all white, but i can still change my mind!!

The dress comes in either champage/ivory/silver, /ivory/ivory/silver or white/white/silver. not only did i NOT get the white but i got the CHAMPAGE ( just saying the word scares me ) i am totally freaking out.

am i going to look dirty next to my white tablecloths ??? AHHH GRRR someone help me what would you do !?!? my friends and family thought i looked beautiful and think im insane and dont want to hear about it anymore. =**(

I think this sounds like a beautiful colour, when i was trying on dresses i loved the champagne colours, i would have ordered champagne although my maggie sottero didnt come in that colour so i had to go with white. The bight white almost looks like it has a tinge of blue in if that makes any sense, my sisters wedding dress was bright white and it almost seemed too white! In the sunshine champagne will look fabulous i really dont think you need to worry at all!

Hi, i also want to do a private dinner.. mine is going to a rehearsal dinner too instead of a whole welcome dinner but im wondering how much they charged you ? I would probably have about the same amount of people.... are they giving you a section of the restaurant or did you have to pay to have it private? im still confused about this aspect.. plesae let me know when you have a chance ;)

Originally Posted by RollerBride View Post

I do not know from personal experience, but I've read many reviews on this forum and on Trip Advisor that say it is hard to sit together as a large group (over 4-6 people). The Dreams website do not say that they do not take reservations, but it does say "no reservations required".

We opted to spend the money on a reservation for a rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding. We will have 20 people at Himitsu (Asian restaurant). I'm not thrilled about paying for a reservation at an all-inclusive, but it is what it is and our families are so spread out around the country and they have never met so we wanted to have a big family dinner alone.

Hi Emily,

We were given 2 restaurant options for a rehearsal/family dinner. Yamina offered us the terrace at Himitsu or the terrace at Oceana. We chose Himitsu. I'm assuming (and hoping) that the terrace is somewhat private. I've looked at the restaurant pictures online and it looks like a patio area.

The cost is $15/person plus 26% for taxes and gratuity. So the total for the 20 of us will be $378.00. Again, we are not thrilled with this but it will give us some piece of mind and be alot more organized than if we just told the 20 people to show up at Himitsu at a certain time.

Hope this helps :)

Hi, i also want to do a private dinner.. mine is going to a rehearsal dinner too instead of a whole welcome dinner but im wondering how much they charged you ? I would probably have about the same amount of people.... are they giving you a section of the restaurant or did you have to pay to have it private? im still confused about this aspect.. plesae let me know when you have a chance ;)

Originally Posted by kellykellz View Post

I LOVE your photos! You look very beautiful!! I see that you have maracas in your photo. Do you mind me asking where you got them from? Congrats again on your wedding! 

Thanks Kellykellz!

I ordered these from Amol's.com.  They were pretty inexpensive.  After I ordered, I realized I could have gone with smaller maracas.....

That is the thing about being a DW Bride....you shop and shop....

Originally Posted by RollerBride View Post

Hi Emily,

We were given 2 restaurant options for a rehearsal/family dinner. Yamina offered us the terrace at Himitsu or the terrace at Oceana. We chose Himitsu. I'm assuming (and hoping) that the terrace is somewhat private. I've looked at the restaurant pictures online and it looks like a patio area.

The cost is $15/person plus 26% for taxes and gratuity. So the total for the 20 of us will be $378.00. Again, we are not thrilled with this but it will give us some piece of mind and be alot more organized than if we just told the 20 people to show up at Himitsu at a certain time.

Hope this helps :)

Rollerbride...

Go to Himitsu before you pay for the dinner.  11 of us were able to be seated without paying for the reservation.  It really depends on the time you go.  The earlier the better.  We ended up paying for our reception diner but did not pay for any other dinners.  On Monday for my hubby's birthday, it was 18 of us.....we ate at Portofino....again we did not pay for the reservation.  Althought he dinner was not private, most of us were seated together.  Give it a try!

Good Luck!

JQ

Thanks a bunch for the advice. I think we will probably go to group dinners a few times during our stay, so this is really helpful. I think for the Rehearsal, we will stick with our reservation. I think it will feel a little less chaotic, but that's because i'm envisioning the group of 20 of us waiting for an hour, starving and everyone complaining and then me feeling bad that I hadn't done a reservation lol.

I do have another question for you though:

Did you get your wedding coordinator a gift or anything?

Originally Posted by JQLong View Post

Rollerbride...

Go to Himitsu before you pay for the dinner.  11 of us were able to be seated without paying for the reservation.  It really depends on the time you go.  The earlier the better.  We ended up paying for our reception diner but did not pay for any other dinners.  On Monday for my hubby's birthday, it was 18 of us.....we ate at Portofino....again we did not pay for the reservation.  Althought he dinner was not private, most of us were seated together.  Give it a try!

Good Luck!

JQ

Hi Everybody!!

I have a beautiful Oleg Cassini (Jackie Kennedy's designer)l wedding dress that I would like to sell, my mother in law bought it for me, but is not my style. My Wedding is on 08.26.2012 and already got the the wedding dress that I felt in love with. The dress is new, Ivory color,  size 10 and with not alterations, it comes with its cover bag, probably you have seen some brides here that had that dress, its beautiful, but again, is not my style. My mother in law bought at David's Bridal for $359 + $10 for the bag, but now at Davis's is for Sale $250.00 online, however, there are not sizes available. I will sale it for $250.00 plus S&H. or if you near Philly you just can take it for $250.00. Any questions let me know, and I will give my email for more info. Thanks and happy planning!!!

P_8351_5_181922.jpg