Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

i am so happy everything worked out for you!!!! i cant wait to see your pics and just want to say thanx for thinking of us and letting us know we need to relax. i am learning this everyday- that i need to RELAX.. my wedding is in Feb of course my centerpieces and all that good stuff is not a main issue for the coordinator right now who has 80 weddings in between then and now.. lol i think the important thing is just to confirm the basics and worry abotu the rest as time goes on. cant wait for your full review

Originally Posted by JQLong View Post

Hola Everyone!

This is our last day sad.gif.....and I decided to come to the preferred club to check in.  My new hubby is somewhere floating around.....LOL.

As I stated before, this resort is truly amazing.  The service is outstanding and my wedding was perfect.  I am so anxious to give my review but I want to take it all in and be as thorough as possible.

What I will say is......relax.....everything will work out fine.  It seems as though this resort was made for weddings.  They are professionals and take great care of you.  Unless you have unreasonable requests, everythng you ask will be taken care of.  My other suggestion is...and I hope I do not offend...Unless your wedding is within the next month, RELAX!!!!!!  I have been on this site for over a year and we are all excited and obviously anxious, however, If you are getting married in 2013...trust me, they will get back to you in ample time.  They do at least 3 weddings per day....they know what they are doing.  I think many of us stress unneccessarily and when you meet with your coordinator, you are relieved that they have everything.  Just be patient.  The weddings that are current.July and August will get priority over the 2013 weddings....As your day approaches, they will contact you.  We arrived on Sunday, July 1st and met with Gina on Monday.  She had a list of everything we selected.  Keep in mind ladies.....things can be changed.  Be flexible...afterall...you chose to have a destination wedding and by doing so, you leave most decisions to the week you arrive.  It will be ok!

Again...try to relax..we as destination brides get bored easily because it is not much for us to do besides OOT bags.....so we get antsy....trust me...RELAX.....

Congrats and Good Luck to all the upcoming Couples!!!cheers.gif

Special Shout out to LindseyM.....my fellow South Jersey bride...July 20..will be here before you know it!!!!

I will post the link to our amazing pics within a few days!!!!

JQ LONG!!!!woot.gif

Hey Girls,

When did you/ do you plan to send out your invitations ?

I sent out my save the dates at the 11 month mark and now im 7 months away from my wedding, I was thinking of having them in the mail by September so that will give people 5 months to reply. Everyone whos invited already knows they are invited but I can't wait to see how many official replies I get :)

Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

Hey Girls,

I sent out my save the dates at the 11 month mark and now im 7 months away from my wedding, I was thinking of having them in the mail by September so that will give people 5 months to reply. Everyone whos invited already knows they are invited but I can't wait to see how many official replies I get :)

Our wedding is December 17th. We're sending out invites probably mid September with an RSVP date of November 1st.

We are waiting to send them out just because like you said everyone already knows they are invited because they got save the dates around the 10 month mark. The invitation is just a formality.

What are y'all wearing to get ready in? And are you getting your bridesmaids anything special to wear that morning as well? 

I really like the idea of the oversized mens monogrammed shirts but the price tag is stopping me.

I'm trying to think of our timeline and see if the photographer will even get any pics of us getting ready.

And speaking of timeline...

Can any of you share your timelines for the day of?

Our ceremony is at 3:30 and the photographer is starting at 2. I have no idea how to plan the day out!!

I leave in 1 week!!!!

Today and tomorrow involve a lot of last minute things.  If I have time I will post our itineraries, welcome letters, day of timeline, etc.  I will try my best!  If not, I will when we get back!

I have a white satin robe to wear getting ready.  My mom also got me a zip up and shorts that say The Future Mrs. McMahon.  The girls and mom's all have tank tops.  

Also, for the day after catamaran trip I got a tank top from VS that says Tied The Knot!

I can't believe how fast it goes!!  I am extremely excited if you couldn't already tell!!!!

Originally Posted by EmilyT View Post

Hey Girls,

Hello,

I sent out my save the dates at the 12 month mark and im sending my invitation in october.

I'm the same the invitation is just a formality, i already know whos coming because they have already booked.

Just wanted to let yall know that if yall already had yalls wedding and had a wedding package. Yall need to go to the Dreams Riveria site and fill out the form for yalls free WaterFord Chrystal. I did it a couple weeks ago and had forgotten about it. I got a package today and opened it up.They are so beautiful. And it comes with the package. Just thought I would let yall know. I don't know how to post a picture on here to show yall how pretty they are. And they are big. So don't forget to go fill out the form to get yalls.

Could anyone please tell me what their timings of their day are. (our date is 24th April 2013). We are having gazebo ceremony, jacuzzi cocktail hour and then reception in the seaside grill. If you know the rough time of when the sun starts to go down that will be grately appreciated aswell, we are hoping to have fire dancers at the cocktail hour so it obviously needs to be dark! Thanks

Hello Everyone!

I am sort of caught up on my rest.  We had a power outtage at the house and my internet has been down.  I feel so cut off!!!

Anywho.....because it was so hot...I decided to sneak off to the library to take advantage of the free air....and internet.  Also....I changed my name on my license, went to SS office.....

I am still waiting for my slideshow link and I will be sure to post when I get it.

Just another tidbit of info....before it slips my mind.....

For those of us that have guests that will opt to book on their own (and not use your travel agent) or wait until the last minute......

Please....please make sure they book DREAMS RIVIERA CANCUN!!!!  cheer2.gif

NOT DREAMS CANCUN!!!!! shameonyou.gif

My brother (through no fault of his own) was taken to Dreams Cancun in error.  The transfer company made an error.  Be sure to let your guests know to tell the driver DREAMS RIVIERA!!!!  My brother came in the day after we did and although he was booked correctly, they drove him to the wrong resort....about 40 minutes away.  Because the van made other stops, he was in the van for over an hour!  When he arrived, he knew immediately, that it was the wrong resort.  He refused to get out of the van (need I say more...)....they corrected the mistake and drove him to the correct resort. 

But wait....it gets better.....

My MOH's boyfriend waited until the very last minute to book his trip.  He booked the Sunday before the wedding on Expedia.  Let me first begin by saying, I booked a friend of my Mother's about 2 weeks before the wedding.  When I went on Expedia, I was unable to pull up Dreams Riviera Cancun....only Dreams Cancun came up.  I ended up booking her on Book It....

Ok...back to the story....so.....My MOH's boyfriend booked on Expedia..... (NO BUENO!!!!!!)undecided.gif

Because we had had the experience with my brother the previous day, she was curious to know why his travel info said Dreams Cancun...

Her boyfriend was taken to the other resort and the front desk told him they really could not help him.  So....my MOH got on the phone with Expedia to book him at our resort.....BUT.....because it was after 3:00 (I think) he would be charged for the night.  He decided to stay because my wedding was not until the next day......

IT GETS BETTER!!!!.....

My MOH arranged to have my bachelorette at Senor Frogs (More detail to come in my review) and once we were dropped off, she was going to stay the night with her boyfriend at Dreams Cancun......undecided.gif...again No BUENO! The next day she called me at 7:00 AM to advise she came right back to our resort. First.....she said and I quote "I understand why your brother refused to get out of the van....". Secondly, she said they wanted to charge her $130.00 to stay for the night (kind of understandable but they could have confirmed her reservation at DRC).  She said other resort is the last on the strip and NOT by any means comparable to DRC.  She said it was like comparing the Rtiz Carlton to a Motel 6.....now...my MOH happens to be quite picky....but I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that our resort DRC....is

MUY BUENO!!!!cheesy.gif

So....I'll repeat.....

PLEASE BE SURE TO ADVISE YOUR GUEST TO MAKE SURE THEY BOOK DREAMS RIVIERA CANCUN!!!!cheers.gif

They will be happy they did!!!

I hope this helps...

P.S. - this message was not intended to offend anyone booking at Dreams Cancun....it's just important that guest know where they will be!

JQ LONG