Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post

I'm using the resort DJ. Here's his info: 

Cesar Mauricio Neri Salazar <visualsound2010@hotmail.com>

I'm pretty sure he's the only DJ that is allowed at the resort without being charged an extra fee.

Actually there is another because I was assigned the other guy.... his name is Edgar. :)

Really!? I feel like I got great prices! Are you working w a travel agent? My wedding is on 4/24. My TA advised that the prices drop drastically on 4/17 bc it is the first day out of the "spring break" season. If you have the flexibility, I would start there. Also, the "3G Promotion" is a great way to take advantage of the amount of rooms booked (Group rates, up to 3 rooms free & 2 upgrades, resort coupons, etc.) Between that and the early booking bonus, I am super happy. If you don't have info on the promotion lmk, I'd be happy to pass what I have on! Happy planning :-)

I am really freaking out! Prices are so high for the week I have reserved, April 17-24 2013. I checked a few travel sites and if we move the wedding to the 1st week of May it drops significantly!! What gives???? So frustrated with this.

Originally Posted by kkutnyak View Post

Really!? I feel like I got great prices! Are you working w a travel agent? My wedding is on 4/24. My TA advised that the prices drop drastically on 4/17 bc it is the first day out of the "spring break" season. If you have the flexibility, I would start there. Also, the "3G Promotion" is a great way to take advantage of the amount of rooms booked (Group rates, up to 3 rooms free & 2 upgrades, resort coupons, etc.) Between that and the early booking bonus, I am super happy. If you don't have info on the promotion lmk, I'd be happy to pass what I have on!

Happy planning :-)

What is the early booking bonus?  We are getting the 3G already.

What is the early booking bonus?  We are getting the 3G already.
Oh good, I'm glad you are able to take advantage of that. The early booking bonus was incorporated into our rates. Basically, it is a lower rate for booking so far out. I assume if you have the 3G and already got your prices, you received it. The only other thing I can think of, is the flights. Our TA worked the land rates separate of the flights so we could shop the lowest flights based on departing city (I have people flying from 7 different areas of the USA). We shopped them a couple weeks ago and then again early this week... The prices just dropped over $100! Also, doing it this way my guests with "miles" could get free flights. I have a few couples doing that (wish I had miles! Lol). Not sure if any of this was new or helpful to you, but I thought I would jump in and let you know jic. On another note, if you are there the week of the 17th we will see one another most likely! What day is your wedding!? How exciting!! :-)

Originally Posted by kkutnyak View Post

Oh good, I'm glad you are able to take advantage of that. The early booking bonus was incorporated into our rates. Basically, it is a lower rate for booking so far out. I assume if you have the 3G and already got your prices, you received it.

The only other thing I can think of, is the flights. Our TA worked the land rates separate of the flights so we could shop the lowest flights based on departing city (I have people flying from 7 different areas of the USA). We shopped them a couple weeks ago and then again early this week... The prices just dropped over $100! Also, doing it this way my guests with "miles" could get free flights. I have a few couples doing that (wish I had miles! Lol).

Not sure if any of this was new or helpful to you, but I thought I would jump in and let you know jic.

On another note, if you are there the week of the 17th we will see one another most likely! What day is your wedding!? How exciting!! :-)

Hmm I'm really not sure if we got an early rate or not.  We did block 30 rooms and had to pay a deposit to hold them.  Our guests need to pay 50% by Dec. 14th and we need to drop any un-booked rooms by then or we will lose our initial deposit.  We haven't seen great prices for flights yet.  We usually fly Jet Blue to Cancun but they haven't posted their schedules yet for April.  They do run fare sales though for cheap non-stop flights to Cancun periodically so we are hoping to catch one of the sales and let our guests know.  

We will be there April 3-10, and our wedding is on April 6th.  Sounds like you got lucky with your room rate.  Unfortunately for us Dreams extended their peak season for 2013 and we ended up right on the end of the higher rates.  

Have you sent out invites yet?  We sent our save the dates a year in advance, and I'm getting ready to finish up the invites, but I can't decide on an RSVP date.  Since we need to drop our unbooked rooms by Dec 14th I'm thinking about that for our RSVP's but it seems so early

Originally Posted by Ktcblue2012 View Post

Actually there is another because I was assigned the other guy.... his name is Edgar. :)

I was told we could use Visual Sound or AVI.  From what I've heard isn't Visual Sound owned by the resort?  I've been in contact with AVI and they seem great so far, but I haven't been able to find many reviews.

Originally Posted by tiffany0613 View Post

Hmm I'm really not sure if we got an early rate or not.  We did block 30 rooms and had to pay a deposit to hold them.  Our guests need to pay 50% by Dec. 14th and we need to drop any un-booked rooms by then or we will lose our initial deposit.  We haven't seen great prices for flights yet.  We usually fly Jet Blue to Cancun but they haven't posted their schedules yet for April.  They do run fare sales though for cheap non-stop flights to Cancun periodically so we are hoping to catch one of the sales and let our guests know.  

We will be there April 3-10, and our wedding is on April 6th.  Sounds like you got lucky with your room rate.  Unfortunately for us Dreams extended their peak season for 2013 and we ended up right on the end of the higher rates.  

Have you sent out invites yet?  We sent our save the dates a year in advance, and I'm getting ready to finish up the invites, but I can't decide on an RSVP date.  Since we need to drop our unbooked rooms by Dec 14th I'm thinking about that for our RSVP's but it seems so early

Sounds like you have everything covered. Like you said, with the extended peak season that must be why you experienced higher rates. I wish you the best of luck with flights!

I am actually narrowing down my invites as we speak. I know with a traditional wedding that is in town the RSVP is closer to the wedding, but in this case, I think Dec 14th is fair. If you think about it, they will most likely have to have their trip paid off shortly after anyways. Last minute is financially difficult for most people in terms of a trip. Not to say people can't book after, they just wont be guaranteed to be in your block of rooms. Perhaps someone else has some insight on destination wedding etiquette in terms of RSVP?

Anyone out there have a legal ceremony? I read somewhere that you must have a judge and it will be in Spanish! Does anyone know if this is true? I'm not so much worried about it being a judge, but no one in my family speaks or understands fluent Spanish.