Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Does anyone know if we are able to lower the guest count on the wedding? I'm pretty sure we signed a contract saying that were would have no more than 40 people....and we are paying for 40 people. But can we change that? I gave Yamina our final head count of 36 people a few weeks ago.

I'm mildly stressed. :( We are  57 days away from our wedding and we have people who RSVP'd but have not booked anything yet! I've reached out to them many times and they are ignoring me. I'm not too sure what to so. These aren't 2nd cousins that I never talk to...I'm talking about our BEST MAN! and MY BROTHER!

Basically I'm afraid our guest count is about to drop to 30 people and I want to know if I will still get stuck paying for 40 people? :(

Originally Posted by RollerBride View Post

Did you get your hair any make-up done at the resort? If so, were you happy with it?

How was the food at your cocktail hor and reception?

Did you do a tres leches cake? If so, how was it? thanks!

My best friend (and also one of my bridesmaids) does hair and make-up so she did mine.  I gave my hair and make-up appointment to my niece who was my flower girl. I thought they did a great job on her.  We didn't end up doing a cocktail hour and just put that money towards the dinner. We had 77 people so I didn't want to have to pay per head for cocktail hour and then for dinner also.  Most people just watched us take pictures while other people just went to the restaurant or outside bar and got drinks while they waited.  The mariachi band played on the beach while we took pictures.  We went with the caribbean buffet and it was really good.  We did get the tres leches cake.  We actually only got it for 40 people and it was plenty big.  Hope that helps :)

Originally Posted by RollerBride View Post

Does anyone know if we are able to lower the guest count on the wedding? I'm pretty sure we signed a contract saying that were would have no more than 40 people....and we are paying for 40 people. But can we change that? I gave Yamina our final head count of 36 people a few weeks ago.

I'm mildly stressed. :( We are  57 days away from our wedding and we have people who RSVP'd but have not booked anything yet! I've reached out to them many times and they are ignoring me. I'm not too sure what to so. These aren't 2nd cousins that I never talk to...I'm talking about our BEST MAN! and MY BROTHER!

Basically I'm afraid our guest count is about to drop to 30 people and I want to know if I will still get stuck paying for 40 people? :(

Why did you have to sign something that says you wouldn't have more that 40 people? I haven't heard of that.  I didn't give her my exact head count until I met with her the day we got to the resort.  I told her a round about # but not an exact #.  You should only have to pay for however many people end up coming. 

Originally Posted by Sarah80 View Post

Hey ladies,

We got married a couple weeks ago on May 18th and we had an awesome experience.  We got there on a Wednesday and our wedding was that Friday.  We met with Yamina the day we got there to go through everything again.  We were emailing back and forth a lot a couple weeks before.  I brought my table runners and chair sashes but did everything else through the resort. 

We went with DJ Mauricio Neri and he was awesome! He also did our music for the ceremony.  We met with him on Thursday afternoon and we gave him a list of songs for the ceremony and he also took good notes on his computer.  We also have him a list of songs we wanted to play at the reception and then just told him to play similar music when that list ran out. 

The two nights before our wedding it rained so at 3 on our wedding day Yamina came in and asked if we wanted to move the reception to the ballroom.  I couldnâ€t decide because I didnâ€t want to move it inside but I also didnâ€t want it to rain.  I told her to go ask Luke (my husband) and that he could make the final decision.  He wanted it outside so we decided to keep it outside.  I am so happy that we did because the weather was perfect.  It was windy but it didnâ€t rain.  The following 3 nights the weather wasnâ€t good so we got really lucky!

The service at the resort was amazing and we originally booked the honeymoon suite and they upgraded us to the Master suite which was awesome.  Here is my slideshow. 

http://180512newman.dreamsriveriacancun.adventurephotos.com.mx/#/newman/

Also, if anyone is interested, my husband condensed our wedding video so he could put it on facebook and show it to our friends and family so here is the link to that.

The first part of the video is a little cheesy because it is a generic but the rest of it is great.  The first song that they are playing (when everyone is first getting there)we didnâ€t pick but the rest of the songs  are the songs that we picked during the times that they played them.  The video was just running a little slow on my computer but it might be my internet connection.  The actual video runs smooth.

http://vimeo.com/43086731

If you have any questions let me know!!

Congratulations, everything looked absolutely beautiful.  I loved your bouquet and I'm soo glad to see a picture of one the resort did since I'm also requesting them to do mine and sent over pics so now I know it will turn out perfect!!

As for the timing of your events, when did you have the ceremony and what time did the reception start? 

We booked our rooms through www.weknowmexico.com, when they were having a special, and by talking with a travel agent there, they held our rate for about 2 months for guests to book.  BUT !!! I wish I would have gotten the price quote in writing, and then gone thru Delta Vacations, because they have a price match guarantee if you book both hotel and flight thru them, and you get TRIPLE frequent flier miles for this particular resort....so if you are a frequent flier, just an FYI

We booked our rooms through www.weknowmexico.com, when they were having a special, and by talking with a travel agent there, they held our rate for about 2 months for guests to book.  BUT !!! I wish I would have gotten the price quote in writing, and then gone thru Delta Vacations, because they have a price match guarantee if you book both hotel and flight thru them, and you get TRIPLE frequent flier miles for this particular resort....so if you are a frequent flier, just an FYI

Originally Posted by Rach0636 View Post

I'm just wondering if anyone has anyone has any good advice. I'm really stressing out about informing my guests of the rates for the hotel. We are working with a recommended travel agent but even then, they are asking $1,064 per person in a garden view room for 5 nights not including flight. That just seems like a lot to ask! Any insight would help :) Thanks

Rach,

That seems REALLY high! You might want to try another travel agency. I am working with Wright Travel, and my travel agent Babs is really wonderful! The prices I was quoted for a Garden View room was:

Four Nights= $613  (total for 4 nights) per person (Double)

Three nights – $598 (total for 3 nights) per person/single

$475 (total for 3 nights)  per person/double

$461 (total for 3 nights)  per person/triple

Additional nights - $179 per person/single

$138 per person/double

$134 per person/triple

If you would like to contact her, her email is Barbara@wrighttravelagency.com. 

I too am concerned with also worried about the quote my TA agent gave me. This is what my TA sent me:

July 31st - August 5th? 5nights $l 042 single $814 p/p double $789 plp triple $314 per child 12-2  
3nights $651 single $5l4  pp double $499  pp triple $2l4  per child   Additional nights-$196 single, $l50  p/p double, $l45 p/p triple, $50 per child
  Does this seem right ???   I am terriied that my guests are going to be truned off by the price. I've already signed "the contract"... Do you think it is too late to look for quotes from other TA???  
Originally Posted by kellykellz View Post

Rach,

That seems REALLY high! You might want to try another travel agency. I am working with Wright Travel, and my travel agent Babs is really wonderful! The prices I was quoted for a Garden View room was:

Four Nights= $613  (total for 4 nights) per person (Double)

Three nights – $598 (total for 3 nights) per person/single

$475 (total for 3 nights)  per person/double

$461 (total for 3 nights)  per person/triple

Additional nights - $179 per person/single

$138 per person/double

$134 per person/triple

If you would like to contact her, her email is Barbara@wrighttravelagency.com.