Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Originally Posted by WPGBride View Post

It might be private but during my stay at the resort I found that the resort staff were very reluctant to quiet down rowdy guests. There was even one ceremony that was going on and drunken men were screaming and yelling during the ceremony and once it ended walked through the guests in their wet bathing suits to get to the beach bar. And the hotel staff did not say anything to them or redirect them to go in a different direction. If it is a nice day out aI can say that people will be walking around poolside and in swimsuits and possibly even in that pool.

We did not have to pay extra for the Seaside Grill because of the location confusion. She just had to make sure that the resturant would be closed that night and available to use.

I'm not sure about how private the beach is for a ceremony as I dont think I saw any receptions there. It was extremely windy the whole time I was there and the wind did not die down at night.

Questions are no problem :)

P9170059.JPG

This is the pool terrace where all the circus event stuff is set up. Sorry I cant find my picture of a wedding that was set up at the time.

Thanks for the info... Dont think i will be having my recepton on the beach, sounds very windy

Do you have any pictures of your seaside grill reception?

any ideas on groomsmen gifts?

we are the 6th wedding of our friends and everything has just about been done... flask, watch, sunglasses, mugs, etc... wanted a cool idea and also something that is easy to travel with...

any input helps!

thanks

I had inquired about that in my questionnaire email. I guess because my wedding is the furthest away they haven't gotten back to me. Hopefully it isn't as outrageous as your quote. But I will see. When my WC answers me I would let you know. Also, are you using the resort's DJ. I was told that in order to use an outside DJ, I would have to pay for their room (for 1 night). Now that I think is ridiculous! 
I was told no outside DJ was allowed. I think i am going to settle for an ipod, my group is only 30 plp.

We are bringing silk flowers down in a month and a half!  Can you tell me how you packed them?  They are the one thing I am very nervous about.

Originally Posted by WPGBride View Post

Yes my bouquet was silk. I got it from a store in my city, House of Silk for like $40. The peonies would have been way to expensive to get down in Mexico.

The music technician that comes with the sound system was great. All you had to do was have songs labelled on your ipod for certain things and he would cut in and out at the appropriate times no issues. We also had him for our reception and he knew when to cut out for speaches and such so there is really no worrying about the music if you make a great playlist on your ipod and label your songs for special things such as "first dance" "cake cutting" etc.

The sound system was adequate very loud and good sound, no issues with it at all.

I am trying to decide between my DJ options, and yes you do have at least one option!  Lorena advised me that their options are: "onsite DJ is visualsound2010@hotmail.com and our external supplier allowed for the resorts without fee is  Rodrigo.barcelo@avispl.com."  I am trying to find more information on DJ Roy.  Has anyone used him?  

This is what I was told regarding using Juan Navarro for our pictures (he is an approved outside vendor): "Juan Navarro is a external supplier that is allowed for the resort, although is an external vendor you donâ€t need to pay the Fee for external suppliers, because he is allowed, unless other supplier comes that is not allowed for the resort you will need to pay.  If you choose Juan like your photographer, you still have your photos with our onsite supplier (adventure photos) and you can use this services other day, maybe for a rehearsal, dinner, or a photo session days after your wedding…"

OK GUYS WE NEED HELP!!!

we, like most of us, are doing the symbolic ceremony- since it is way easier.

what i need to know is WHEN ARE YOU GETTING LEGALLY MARRIED?

what documents do they need when we go to mexico?

are you going to town hall/your church a few days before mexico or a month before?

we have been going back and forth about this for a while. but we know its easier to get the info from the professionals on this board then the people at dreams!

thanks...

respond here or email me!

joda724@gmail.com

Originally Posted by NJ2012 View Post

OK GUYS WE NEED HELP!!!

are you going to town hall/your church a few days before mexico or a month before?

we have been going back and forth about this for a while. but we know its easier to get the info from the professionals on this board then the people at dreams!

thanks...

joda724@gmail.com

We are getting legally married when we come back from Mexico.  We wanted to say our vows for the first time at our wedding ceremony in Mexico and we thought it would mean more to us then.  As far as we are concerned that is when we are getting married, it will just be a formality when we come back.  My fiance's grandmother probably won't be able to travel down with us, so we will have her be our witness when we legalize it back in the states.

Originally Posted by tiffany0613 View Post

We are getting legally married when we come back from Mexico.  We wanted to say our vows for the first time at our wedding ceremony in Mexico and we thought it would mean more to us then.  As far as we are concerned that is when we are getting married, it will just be a formality when we come back.  My fiance's grandmother probably won't be able to travel down with us, so we will have her be our witness when we legalize it back in the states.

im confused....

does that mean you are doing a legal ceremony in mexico and a legal ceremony when you get home?

or are you doing symbolic in mexico and legal at home?

i was under the assumption that in order to do the symbolic ceremony in mexico you need to be legally married already in the US and provide documents when you get to dreams.

so confusing!

im confused....

does that mean you are doing a legal ceremony in mexico and a legal ceremony when you get home?

or are you doing symbolic in mexico and legal at home?

i was under the assumption that in order to do the symbolic ceremony in mexico you need to be legally married already in the US and provide documents when you get to dreams.

so confusing!

we were planning on doing symbolic in mexico and  then legal once we get home.  I haven't heard that we need to be married before we go down?  Since it's just symbolic I didn't even think it would be an issue.  hmmmm..... now you have me worried too!

Kevin and I are getting married at town hall a few days before we leave for Mexico.  We're bringing our parents and signing the papers but are not exchanging rings.  We probably won't even take vows.  We shouldn't need anything to go to Mexico that we wouldn't normally need.  Passport.  People won't know we're recently married and my name won't be changed yet.  We may or may not bring the marriage certificate but I don't think the resort cares if it's a symbolic ceremony.  Hope this helped!

OK GUYS WE NEED HELP!!!

thanks...

joda724@gmail.com