Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Hi ladies,

Well I'm still on vacation at the hotel and probably shouldn't be online during our honeymoon, but we've had a lot of down time. The weather was great up until 3 days ago and then it started raining everyday and always overcast. It hasn't stopped us from doing our activities but more reluctant to hang out pool/beach side. I will give a full review of the hotel and wedding day when I get back. My wedding day did not go as smoothly or as planned as everyone else's unfortunatly, I don't want to scare anyone because it seems like my experience is one that does not happen often.

Good luck to all the upcoming weddings and congratulations to all the brides who have already been married.

Originally Posted by WPGBride View Post

Hi ladies,

Well I'm still on vacation at the hotel and probably shouldn't be online during our honeymoon, but we've had a lot of down time. The weather was great up until 3 days ago and then it started raining everyday and always overcast. It hasn't stopped us from doing our activities but more reluctant to hang out pool/beach side. I will give a full review of the hotel and wedding day when I get back. My wedding day did not go as smoothly or as planned as everyone else's unfortunatly, I don't want to scare anyone because it seems like my experience is one that does not happen often.

Good luck to all the upcoming weddings and congratulations to all the brides who have already been married.

OMG NO I am soooo sorry!!!  Can you please share though so we can find ways to prevent it?  I am also terribly sorry about the rain!!!

Originally Posted by mnunez2 View Post

Hey Lindsey

We are getting very close -Hows your planning going??

What are you planning to do for centerpieces?

Hi!!  I know I am so so so excited!  It will be 2 months from Sunday and we leave 2 months from today!  Planning is good.  Yamina has all of my specifications so now I really feel like it's just about getting there.  I am bringing fake flowers for the wedding because I wanted ones that were too expensive to be real.  I am worried about packing everything we need to bring.  I am getting fresh centerpieces of floating orchids with a candle in the top.  What about you?  I can't wait!!!

Hi Ladies,

We just returned this evening from 10 days in Paradise!! I will post a complete review in the next couple of days but here is the link to our photos on Facebook, It is public so everyone can see it. Hope you enjoy! Everything worked out great!!! More to come... Our wedding was 5/13/12.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4035769379760.174080.1447494937&type=3&l=d29c91c7bf

Originally Posted by CKNMVS View Post

Ladies,

I leave in 5 hours!!!! If anyone needs organza in purple or other photo props let me know I am prob going to be selling after my wedding on 5/21!

Hope to see some of the May brides! I will leave a review whenI come back. I cant believe I am actually going down and having my wedding. It doesnt seem real!!

Hope you have an amazing wedding!

Hi everyone, I have been absent from here for a little while and am trying to catch up but i need opinions.. my fiance and I feel differently about when we should actually get married since we are doing the symbolic ceremony at dreams on 2.22.13...

I feel we should get married before so that when we are there with our friends and family we are celebrating the marriage (that already took place)..

He feels we should do it right after because if we are already married what is the sense in the whole walking down the isle, exchanging vows thing if in fact we are already husband and wife. He feels we can just come back and sign the papers but the symbolic ceremony is our wedding and we are considered married after it.. but i might be dissapointed when i realize the next day we are actually still not really married LOL

I NEED OPINIONS!!!! thank you!!

Im in Brooklyn so we are probably having the same flight problems... everything is very expensive right now I am actually worried for my guests!! I am estimating my weddign at around 20,000 total.. and hope not to go above this but I think I am still leaving stuff out. I just feel the welcome dinner is where they are taking advantage because those guests can go eat for free seperatly but if we sit together we have to pay... ? anyway hope the flights go down a little for both of us!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

Well when I say $10,000, I didn't count our fights or stays...just the wedding.  From NJ our flights were $668.  I wanted to fly direct so we didn't risk losing anything.  I thought that was high!  

Hi.. I am having over 50 people and having a plated dinner ( on the deck )... we are doing a 3 option dinner that is going to go out with the invitations because the hotel needs to know 1 month in advance since normally they only allow one dinner option & i cant have that. If you tell Yamina exactly what you want.. she will work it out for you- it will cost extra however. I am having the most expensive food plan but thats a big deal for us so to us its worth it. and my wedding is in feb. and i have no filled out those forms yet.. i dont think theres any rush with that! lots of luck ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgarcia1026 View Post

Hey guys, Eva just introduced me to my wedding coordinator, Yamina.  I've seen her name mentioned here before.  I don't know how many coordinators they have on staff.  Eva also sent me this long questionaire.  Do I need to fill this out right now?  I really donâ€t want to have to pick out my wedding flowers when itâ€s a year before my wedding, unless I really have to.  I rather just pick out my ceremony, cocktail and reception locations now and have the other stuff wait until I am really sure of what I want.

Random questions (You guys are the best, and your answers are always honest)

Has anyone used Juan Navarro as their photographer instead of Adventure photos.  Do the photography prices jump a little if you do?

With the plated dinner, was there any issues with having a large party (40-50) ppl?  Yamina recommends a buffet, but im not sure if I want to do that.

Sorry for the questions.  I'm freaking out a bit.

Thanks everyone!  Happy hump day!!

Originally Posted by WPGBride View Post

Hi ladies,

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out so well for you :( and also that the weather isn't behaving right.  Hopefully the sun will come back out and you will be able to have a great ending to your wedding/honeymoon!!  Can't wait to see pictures and hear you're review.  

Congrats!