Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Originally Posted by sweetmelissaann View Post

Wanna hear something funny. The last photo of your trash the dress session....see the person on the balcony of the room? Yep - that is me! :) I watched the last bit of your shoot from my room that morning! So much fun. THey look great!

lol thats so funny!! How did your pics turn out?

Originally Posted by Rach0636 View Post

Does anyone have any input on the location of the ceremony? (Beach vs. Gazebo?)

Do the beach the Gazebo is not private at all, its next one of the main walkways to get down to the beach and the beach bar. Also choose North beach not South beach, its way more private and like i said before away from the beach bar.

Originally Posted by RollerBride View Post

I found this on tripadvisor today....because i stalk the reviews for Dreams....

We had our wedding with 40 of our family and friends at this resort and I cannot say enough good things about it!! A huge surprise for us was we stayed for 2 weeks for free since we had that many people book! Our travel agent said that was the best discount she had seen from a resort for a wedding group!

We have done many all-inclusive stays at 4 or 5 star resorts before and this was by far our best trip. The resort itself is beautiful and kept up very well. The service was beyond all expectations. There was service around the pool and on the beach. The food was exceptional and it was wonderful that you didn't have to make any reservations for the restaurants. The staff in general was plentiful and amazing. We saw many incidents of staff members going above and beyond their duties. I would recommend that you ask to have your rooms close by if you are in a big group and because we were spread all over the resort.

We had emailed our wedding coordinator back and forth before we arrived, but basically planned our wedding the second day we arrived. Yamina was our wedding coordinator and did a great job! They picked up my dress and my husbands clothes and steamed them for us the day before the wedding and then dropped them off a few hours later. We got married on the beach (the gazebo was nice, but the beach was a little more private). Our flowers were beautiful. Our marriage officiant spoke perfect English and was very good. Everything went flawlessly. I would recommend getting the sound system for the ceremony so that your guests can hear everything, plus then you can have music playing when you walk up the aisle (which they also timed perfectly).

We had a buffet dinner on the beach and it was delicious! The staff set up a full bar and we had servers. They would even take a lady's plate when she was finished filling her plate at the buffet and walk her back to her table. They cut up and served our wedding cake for us as well.

We had minimal decorations on the beach (just centerpieces and flags) and it was absolutely gorgeous. We hired and DJ for two hours and had a dance floor set up. The dance floor lit up with different colours which was really neat and we didn't even tell the DJ what to play and it was awesome. The dance floor was packed for the full two hours. I do not have one single complaint about anything on our wedding day. They were so organized it was amazing. I should mention I saw at least two weddings everyday so we knew we picked a great hotel to get married at. When we got back to our room after the wedding the staff had put rose petals throughout the room and on the bed and left a bottle of champagne and fruit and a lovely letter from the resort.

We stayed for a second week without our guests and still had a great time. They do turndown service at the hotel every night and everyone has robes and slippers in their room. The rooms with the plunge pools are very nice. We stayed in an oceanview preferred club room on the third floor and it was very nice.

We will definitely return to this resort again and will stay at another Dreams everywhere else!!!

Please tip the staff when you go because they are amazing!!!! I still cannot believe how well everything went!

Reading this has made me so excited! :)

Originally Posted by RobynKelly View Post

Dominique161

I really do not know how to use this forum!! Been trying to reply to you and it doesnt seem to post my comments!

We have booked with our travel agent now, leaving uk on 24th april 2013 and returning back on the 8th may 2013 so we should see each other!

We have had to change our wedding date because Thomas Cook have been an absolute pain, we have now requested 30th April 2013, fingers crossed we get it.

Hope your planning is going well, we cant really do any more planning until we get our wedding pack through from Thomas Cook :( I hate not being organised!!

Robyn x

Hello Robyn!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Originally Posted by beachbaby12812 View Post

Hey KellyKellz, looks like we we're getting married on the same day. Congrats! Have you decided on your ceremony time and location yet? Evangelina has confirmed our ceremony for 4pm. We decided to go with the beach ceremony and the pool deck for the reception. How is your planning going so far?

Hi Beachbaby,

We are having our wedding ceremony at 3pm also on the beach. We originally wanted the pool deck, however Evangelina said that was not available (probably because you are having your reception there), so we are going to have it on the pool terrace. I look forward to meeting you!! :-) 

Just added myself!  I'm nervous about the weather forecast....anyone else?!!?

5/16/2012 Corio342 (Corey and Andrew)
5/18/2012 Sarah80 (Sarah and Luke)
5/21/2012 CKNMVS
5/23/2012 Aimeelaco28
5/24/2012 weddingprincess (Shannon & Brad)

5/25/2012 caninchicago (Candace & Mark)
6/3/2012 Mrskatieperry (Katie and PJ)
6/6/2012 Tiny6812 (Destiny and Jalon)

6/7/2012 ginaf61987
6/9/2012 Ssapper
6/14/2012 torilvv12 (Victoria & Yura)
6/18/2012 juliej84 (Julie and Ash)
6/22/2012 blondgoddesstif (Tif and Tony)
6/30/2012 rachallen18 (Rachel & Allen)
7/20/2012 LindseyM (Lindsey & Kevin)
7/26/2012 JulyDrcBride (Sophie & Rafael)
7/28/2012 Mnunez
8/4/2012 RollerBride (Kip and Kate)
8/7/2012 Nj2012 (Nikki & Joe)
8/10/12 (Annie & Jon)
8/24/2012 Sarah-Jane (Sarah and James)

8/30/2012 Shellbee (Shelby & Josh)
9/1/2012 Cbandemer (Colleen & Brian)
9/2/2012 Ktcblue2012 (Kariane & Nathan)

9/10/12 Mariposaazul (Sheila & Michael)
10/27/2012 Tkb08 (Taren&Collin)
11/8/2012 ahall5665 (Ashley & Ethan)
11/19/2012 melinmontana (Melissa and Kael)
12/01/12 mcree (Christy and Brian)

12/08/12 kellykellz (Kelly and Matt) 

12/8/12 beachbaby12812 (Kim and Jeff)
12/17/2012 Savs1027 (Savanah and John)

2013 Weddings

1/19/2013 marilili (Maritza and Sal)

1/28/2012 Rach0636 (Rachel and Robert)
2/13/2013 newbride2013 (Ashley & Thomas)
4/19/2013Dominique161

4/20/2013 ParadiseBride (Christina and Jeremy)

4/27/2013 Vika Yakovleva (Vika & Anthony)
5/3/2013 Kthorpe
5/18/2013 Eyeball17 (Aislinn & Bob)
5/25/2013 Robynkelly (Robyn & James)

8/6/2013 JustNoelle (Noelle & Phillip)

Does anyone know how they serve the beer for the receptions? Is it cans or do they set up a keg? We were thinking about putting koozies in our OOT welcome bags but if they use a keg the koozies won't be needed as much. 

Also, fiance' is wanting to know what kind of beer they have there... Anyone know?

I keep getting bumped off the list.... arrrgh.......

5/16/2012 Corio342 (Corey and Andrew)
5/18/2012 Sarah80 (Sarah and Luke)
5/21/2012 CKNMVS
5/23/2012 Aimeelaco28
5/24/2012 weddingprincess (Shannon & Brad)

5/25/2012 caninchicago (Candace & Mark)
6/3/2012 Mrskatieperry (Katie and PJ)
6/6/2012 Tiny6812 (Destiny and Jalon)

6/7/2012 ginaf61987
6/9/2012 Ssapper
6/14/2012 torilvv12 (Victoria & Yura)
6/18/2012 juliej84 (Julie and Ash)
6/22/2012 blondgoddesstif (Tif and Tony)
6/30/2012 rachallen18 (Rachel & Allen)
7/20/2012 LindseyM (Lindsey & Kevin)
7/26/2012 JulyDrcBride (Sophie & Rafael)
7/28/2012 Mnunez
8/4/2012 RollerBride (Kip and Kate)
8/7/2012 Nj2012 (Nikki & Joe)
8/10/12 (Annie & Jon)
8/24/2012 Sarah-Jane (Sarah and James)

8/30/2012 Shellbee (Shelby & Josh)
9/1/2012 Cbandemer (Colleen & Brian)
9/2/2012 Ktcblue2012 (Kariane & Nathan)

9/10/12 Mariposaazul (Sheila & Michael)
10/27/2012 Tkb08 (Taren&Collin)
11/8/2012 ahall5665 (Ashley & Ethan)
11/19/2012 melinmontana (Melissa and Kael)
12/01/12 mcree (Christy and Brian)

12/08/12 kellykellz (Kelly and Matt)

12/8/12 beachbaby12812 (Kim and Jeff)
12/17/2012 Savs1027 (Savanah and John)

2013 Weddings

1/19/2013 marilili (Maritza and Sal)

1/28/2012 Rach0636 (Rachel and Robert)
2/13/2013 newbride2013 (Ashley & Thomas)
4/13/2013 BnH2013 (Krista & Paul)

4/19/2013Dominique161

4/20/2013 ParadiseBride (Christina and Jeremy)

4/27/2013 Vika Yakovleva (Vika & Anthony)
5/3/2013 Kthorpe
5/18/2013 Eyeball17 (Aislinn & Bob)
5/25/2013 Robynkelly (Robyn & James)

8/6/2013 JustNoelle (Noelle & Phillip)

Ladies,

I leave in 5 hours!!!! If anyone needs organza in purple or other photo props let me know I am prob going to be selling after my wedding on 5/21!

Hope to see some of the May brides! I will leave a review whenI come back. I cant believe I am actually going down and having my wedding. It doesnt seem real!!

Congratulations!!! Have a safe trip! Can't wait to hear all about your wedding and see the beautiful pics!! 

Originally Posted by CKNMVS View Post

Ladies,

I leave in 5 hours!!!! If anyone needs organza in purple or other photo props let me know I am prob going to be selling after my wedding on 5/21!

Hope to see some of the May brides! I will leave a review whenI come back. I cant believe I am actually going down and having my wedding. It doesnt seem real!!