Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Originally Posted by RollerBride View Post

We are doing our Symbolic Ceremony on August 4th. We just got leagally married in CA this past Friday! msnparty.gif

Congrats!! So how does that work with your passport and stuff?

Originally Posted by Dominique 161 View Post

I arrive on the 13th! So we might see eachother

I know we still have a year, but im glad ive started planning early. Not as stressful!

You will prob see me getting then!!! At the Gazebo!

Im so happy Im almost done, all I need is my gown!

Thanks! Well, we are keeping it a secret that we are legally married. My fiance thinks that people will get mad if they know we are already married and that they won't want to come to Mexico anymore. So, I'm not changing my name or anything until after our Ceremony in Mexico, so it won't affect my ID or passport.

Originally Posted by BnH2013 View Post

Congrats!! So how does that work with your passport and stuff?

Originally Posted by beachbaby12812 View Post

Hi ladies! Last month I booked our wedding for December 12, 2012 at DRC and wanted to introduce myself. I'm in the process of reading through all the previous posts and whew...a lot of really good information so far! I'm mostly wondering...does anyone have information or a list of decorations offered for the reception and ceremony setup? I have an idea of how I would like the tables setup for the reception but I'm not sure what decorations are offered. I would like to know what is offered before I begin to buy supplies. Any insight would be awesome ladies!! Happy planning all!!   woot.gif

Hi- Welcome to the forum.  I can not speak to if they have a list of what they have available for you to rent from them.  The only thing that is included with the packages is white linens and chair covers and than white draping for the gazebo/chauppah.  However, if you have a picture of what you are interested in having you can send it to the wedding coordinator to get a price from them as to what it would cost to create.  I more or less sent a couple different centerpiece ideas to them describing what I was looking to have and asked them to quote me a price.  The hardest part is that we don't get to see anything before hand so kind of have to cross our fingers and hope it turns out how we picture!

I would say they can more or less make anything happen as long as its within reason. 

i know that this is pretty off topic of the resort, but if anyone could send me a link or give me suggestions on what my mom should wear to the wedding, i would really appreciate it. is there a topic on this board already?

My wedding isnt formal, but it's certainly not casual. My mom and even some of my guests are REALLY unsure of how to dress! I'm having a hard time telling people what i want them to wear because i really don't care what they wear, as long as they look nice. I just keep telling them, "it's a wedding! dress for a wedding on the beach!"

Thanks!

Just FI and I. Yay!!! :D 5/10/2012 WPGBride (Chelsea and Mike)

5/12/2012 Dimplesandsuga 5/13/2012 Day_rog (Dana and Damien) 5/16/2012 Corio342 (Corey and Andrew) 5/18/2012 Sarah80 (Sarah and Luke) 5/21/2012 CKNMVS 5/23/2012 Aimeelaco28 5/24/2012 weddingprincess (Shannon & Brad) 6/3/2012 Mrskatieperry (Katie and PJ) 6/6/2012 Tiny6812 (Destiny and Jalon)

6/7/2012 ginaf61987 6/9/2012 Ssapper 6/14/2012 torilvv12 (Victoria & Yura) 6/18/2012 juliej84 (Julie and Ash) 6/22/2012 blondgoddesstif (Tif and Tony) 6/30/2012 rachallen18 (Rachel & Allen) 7/20/2012 LindseyM (Lindsey & Kevin) 7/26/2012 JulyDrcBride (Sophie & Rafael) 7/28/2012 Mnunez 8/4/2012 RollerBride (Kip and Kate) 8/7/2012 Nj2012 (Nikki & Joe) 8/10/12 (Annie & Jon) 8/24/2012 Sarah-Jane (Sarah and James)

8/30/2012 Shellbee (Shelby & Josh) 9/1/2012 Cbandemer (Colleen & Brian) 9/2/2012 Ktcblue2012 (Kariane & Nathan)

9/10/12 Mariposaazul (Sheila & Michael) 10/27/2012 Tkb08 (Taren&Collin) 11/8/2012 ahall5665 (Ashley & Ethan) 11/19/2012 melinmontana (Melissa and Kael) 12/01/12 mcree (Christy and Brian)

12/08/12 kellykellz (Kelly and Matt) 

12/8/12 beachbaby12812 (Kim and Jeff) 12/17/2012 Savs1027 (Savanah and John) 2013 Weddings 1/19/2013 marilili (Maritza and Sal) 13/ 02/13 newbride2013 (Ashley & Thomas) 4/19/2013Dominique161

4/20/2013 ParadiseBride (Christina and Jeremy)

4/27/2013 Vika Yakovleva (Vika & Anthony) 5/3/2013 Kthorpe 5/18/2013 Eyeball17 (Aislinn & Bob) 5/25/2013 Robynkelly (Robyn & James)

8/6/2013 JustNoelle (Noelle & Phillip)

Originally Posted by RollerBride View Post

i know that this is pretty off topic of the resort, but if anyone could send me a link or give me suggestions on what my mom should wear to the wedding, i would really appreciate it. is there a topic on this board already?

My wedding isnt formal, but it's certainly not casual. My mom and even some of my guests are REALLY unsure of how to dress! I'm having a hard time telling people what i want them to wear because i really don't care what they wear, as long as they look nice. I just keep telling them, "it's a wedding! dress for a wedding on the beach!"

Thanks!

My mom is wearing a blush colored chiffon dress.  Bridesmaids are also in chiffon.  Guys in khakis and button downs with sleeves rolled up. On our website we say the dress is "Beach Chic" and described it.  :)

Has anyone got any photos of the seaside grill as a reception location. 

I have seen photos of the seaside grill when it is set up normally but would really like to see any pictures when it is decorated for a reception. Or if anyone has had their reception at this venue.

Thanks

Dominique161

I really do not know how to use this forum!! Been trying to reply to you and it doesnt seem to post my comments!

We have booked with our travel agent now, leaving uk on 24th april 2013 and returning back on the 8th may 2013 so we should see each other!

We have had to change our wedding date because Thomas Cook have been an absolute pain, we have now requested 30th April 2013, fingers crossed we get it.

Hope your planning is going well, we cant really do any more planning until we get our wedding pack through from Thomas Cook :( I hate not being organised!!

Robyn x

Originally Posted by RobynKelly View Post

Has anyone got any photos of the seaside grill as a reception location. 

I have seen photos of the seaside grill when it is set up normally but would really like to see any pictures when it is decorated for a reception. Or if anyone has had their reception at this venue.

Thanks

Here's a couple pictures of Seaside Grill I found on this forum....I'm having my reception there and saw it in person last month on a site visit and I love it!  Lorena, my wedding coordinator, said you can no longer have round tables and white chair covers as pictured, you have to use the furniture already in the restaurant which is rectangular tables(which will be covered with white linens) and brown chairs. I'm trying to get her to allow me to use the chairs from my ceremony as I didnt like the brown chairs in the restaurant. Hope this helps!

post-38196-138622383275_thumb.png

post-38196-138622383294_thumb.jpg