Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

I was wondering the same thing. 

We are expecting 40 people. We are trying to weigh the costs of a la carte vs. the love package +20 extra guests.

We've asked for quotes from evangelina but she tends to answer a few questions here and there. i've tried doing the math myself, but it's tough because you can never tell if there are fees added, upgrade prices, etc. it's frustrating but I know she is busy and it will all work out in the end.

But, in the meantime, is anyone else expecting that many people and weighing the pricing?

Originally Posted by TiffanyRobert View Post

I'm a newbie, and this is my first post!  Holy cow, you girls have your stuff together!  I'm impressed!  We will be married on May 17, 2012.  We are working with Dennis from DestinationWeddings.com and Yamina is our wedding coordinator (which was changed from Evangelina, and Ana before that).

We qualify for the complimentary package and have been debating whether we should upgrade to the ultimate.  The "extra" things the Ultimate package includes are below.  Has anyone else had this dilemma? I just wonder if it will be cheaper to pay for everything a la carte.  How in the world are you girls able to coordinate everything and make your guests aware? I've seen cute wedding brochures that go in the Welcome bags - but I don't have a clue on timing or locations...I'm just worried it will be a cluster %$!@ - HELP! We're not expecting more than 20 guests or so, so it we hope it will be very intimate and casual.  

·  Personal Dressing Assistant (donâ€t need)

·  Special Gold Wedding Dinner party (for 20 guests staying at the hotel) (i'm a picky eater, and couldn't find anything on the gold menu that i liked, waiting to hear from Yamina about the silver and platinum menu)

·  1 Natural Floral Centerpiece for Bride & Groom dinner table (floral centerpieces start at $70)

·  1 Natural floral center piece for ceremonial table(floral centerpieces start at $70)

·  Wedding cake and sparkling wine for 20 guests (10 guests included in complimentary)

·  One hour Gold cocktail party with Hors D`Oeuvres (for 20 guests staying at the hotel) (again, couldn't find anything i liked)

·  Bride's hairstyling for ceremony (waiting to hear back from the spa on prices)

·  Make-up application for bride (waiting to hear back from the spa on prices)

·  50 Full color photos with album (regardless of the package, we would want to upgrade, which for us would tack on an additional $999 to the price of the ultimate package)

·  Waterford Yours Truly Champagne Flute Pair (donâ€t need)

·  Gazebo décor based on chairs with white covers, ceremonial table & carpeted walk way. (colored chair covers $6 a piece--any idea how much white ones are?)

·  Live Mexican music trio ( 1 set) (donâ€t need, would actually prefer the DJ but we're considering renting sound equipment and creating an iPod playlist)

·  Video of the ceremony (30 min DVD edited) (may try to have one of our guests tape it)

·  1 Spa treatment to choose from : 1 Swedish massage for two or 1 European facial for two or 1 Salt Glow Body Scrub for two (waiting to hear back from the spa on prices)

Oooh cool! Congrats!! :-)  TONS of May brides! Great minds think alike!

I didn't realize they had a buffet option until SAVS mentioned that - I think we will end up doing that for dinner then mixing and matching the gold/silver for the appetizers.  I honestly probably won't even bother with centerpieces, (1) I don't want to have to pack/ship them (2) Mexico is beautiful as it is! (3) I'm trying to cut costs in every way possible!.  We're having a big reception back home so that's where we are doing the more formal settings.  I'm glad you told me about the substitution of the Mexican trio, if that's the case we will definitely go with the Ultimate package!

How do you plan on notifying your guests of the timeline? That's where my biggest hang-up is.  I don't have a clue when our cocktail hour, ceremony or reception is.  Also don't know where everything will take place.  I just emailed Yamina to ask her about all of that, so we will see.  I would love to have everything planned out ahead of time so I can tell my guests where they need to be and when.  Beyond that we're all doing our own thing...I feel so unorganized!

Originally Posted by WPGBride View Post

Hi TiffanyRobert, your getting married the week after me (May 10, 2012) and I'll still be there when your there so if you want to get together like the other brides who will be there at the same time your welcome.

This is the silver menu, Gina told me that I am allowed to mix and match between the gold and silver if I would like, and this also includes the  appetizers as well.

Dinner a la carteé

(SILVER MENU FOR LOVE PACKAGE)

No 1

Starter:                 Portobello in a puff pastry shell with balsamic vinaigrette

Salad:                    Smoke salmon salad with endive and fresh asparagus

Soup:                    Mediterranean fish soup

Main:                    Red snapper filet over ratatouille and beurre blanc (white wine, butter) sauce

“ORâ€

Individual beef Wellington served with charon sauce

Dessert:               Chocolate mousse cake

No 2

Starter: Raviolis filed with spinach served three cheese sauce

Salad:                    Carpaccio of scallop and Salmon served with lime and Shallot vinaigrette

Soup:                    Cream of Asparagus with roasted almond

Main:                    Sea bass fillet served over fresh Spinach and Hollandaise sauce

“ORâ€

Gigot of Lamb served with Provenzal sauce

Dessert:               Tulip of strawberry with grand Marnier sauce and ice vanilla ice cream

• For Centerpieces, I'm finding that most women are bringing down their own centerpieces. Theres a thread on here where people have posted their centerpiece ideas to give you some helpful ideas.
  • Appetizer Choices – 5 Only

Silver Appetizers Menu

Cold

* Salmon Wrap with cream cheese and avocado

* Mushrooms filled with shrimp tartar

* Voul-a-vent filled with mushrooms duxelle

Hot

* Chicken Egg Roll

* Empanadas (Cheese, Potato and Mexican Sausage)

* Beef Kebobs with Chimichurri (Mix of Olive oil with garlic, basil and fine herbs)

Gold Appetizers Menu

Cold

* Salmon Rose with Egg and Olives

* Melon Pearls with Prosciutto

* Shrimp Timbale Caribbean style with Avocado and cheese

* 3 Cheese Marble Chess

Hot

* Tempura Shrimp Satay

* Flower Zuccini Crepes

* Quiche Lorraine (Bacon, Cheese and Onion)

* Beef Roll stuffed with vegetables

• White chair covers come included in the price. If you want colored chair bows a lot of women on here have found good sites with cheap prices

• I've heard that if you don't want the Mexican Trio you can transfer the cost of that ($560) towards something else. The sound system is $180/hr + 11% tax. And don't forget that includes ceremony which is the same price

Hope this helps  ! What have you decided on so far ? for colours, locations, etc.

OMG thank you!!!! Had Yamina send me the buffet options, which I had no idea existed - those options are right up my alley! Picky eaters unite! :)

Originally Posted by Savs1027 View Post

Well I can't answer all of your questions, but I can tell you that for us, going with the ultimate package was cheaper than adding everything on a la carte. I am planning on bringing what I can for centerpieces and chair sashes and table overlays for the reception. 

As far as the food goes, I am a picky eater myself so we are going with the buffet. It had a lot more "normal" choices and stuff I'd actually eat. I couldn't find anything on the regular menus that I would either.

Hope this helps a little bit.

You are very welcome!! I actually almost reconsidered this resort when I saw the menu options!! I was like ummm no way is that going to be my wedding food!! haha! I think we're just going with the Mexican buffet :) 

OMG thank you!!!! Had Yamina send me the buffet options, which I had no idea existed - those options are right up my alley! Picky eaters unite! :)

You should be able to get this info from your wedding coordinator! I know our ceremony time and reception time (we're not having a cocktail hour) already and I'm not getting married until December. I also know where ours will be so you probably should find that out! :) Hopefully that will make everything easier for you!

I am pretty sure you can switch out anything in the packages that you don't need for credits towards other stuff. I know Eva told us we could do that for the cocktail hour and it's just an even dollar amount - what's on the wedding guide. She said there was no upgrade charges or any other fees that go along with it either.

Oooh cool! Congrats!! :-)  TONS of May brides! Great minds think alike!

I didn't realize they had a buffet option until SAVS mentioned that - I think we will end up doing that for dinner then mixing and matching the gold/silver for the appetizers.  I honestly probably won't even bother with centerpieces, (1) I don't want to have to pack/ship them (2) Mexico is beautiful as it is! (3) I'm trying to cut costs in every way possible!.  We're having a big reception back home so that's where we are doing the more formal settings.  I'm glad you told me about the substitution of the Mexican trio, if that's the case we will definitely go with the Ultimate package!

How do you plan on notifying your guests of the timeline? That's where my biggest hang-up is.  I don't have a clue when our cocktail hour, ceremony or reception is.  Also don't know where everything will take place.  I just emailed Yamina to ask her about all of that, so we will see.  I would love to have everything planned out ahead of time so I can tell my guests where they need to be and when.  Beyond that we're all doing our own thing...I feel so unorganized!

Hey Everyone! Keith and I are getting married at DRC August 6, I haven't really posted anything on here yet, but looking forward to seeing what everyone has to say and give advice on.

My wedding date/time is booked, but other then that I haven't really done much with the wedding planners at Dreams thus far, I really need to start figuring out all the details. Would anyone be willing to send me some of their wedding docs such as the menus, centerpieces, flowers, cakes etc  I'd like to do a little background research before I call them up and talk.

My email is angelinavest@gmail.com -- whatever you can send is GREATLY appreciated.

Looking forward to spending the next 5-6 months with you all!!

2012 Weddings

2/24/2012 (Bud and Jackie)

2/25/2012 (Mariah and Jens)

3/3/2012 farnaz (Farnaz & Alex)

3/4/2012 busterandsheri (Sheri & Buster)

3/4/2012 faeriesxist83 (shelly and Jim)

3/18/2012 (William and Kate)

3/24/2012 (Eric and Tracie)

4/21/2012 Ankswt03 (Amanda and Jeremy)

4/22/2012 SweetMelissa (Melissa & Nick)

4/22/2012 Ariane1126 (Tessa and Ryan)

4/24/2012 (Amer & Charlotte)

5/10/2012 WPGBride (Chelsea and Mike)

5/12/2012 Dimplesandsuga

5/13/2012 Day_rog (Dana and Damien)

5/16/2012 Corio342 (Corey and Andrew)

5/18/2012 Sarah80 (Sarah and Luke)

5/21/2012 CKNMVS

5/23/2012 Aimeelaco28

5/24/2012 weddingprincess (Shannon & Brad)

6/3/2012 Mrskatieperry (Katie and PJ)

6/6/2012 Tiny6812 (Destiny and Jalon)

6/9/2012 Ssapper

6/14/2012 torilvv12 (Victoria & Yura)

6/18/2012 juliej84 (Julie and Ash)

6/22/2012 blondgoddesstif (Tif and Tony)

6/30/2012 rachallen18 (Rachel & Allen)

7/20/2012 LindseyM (Lindsey & Kevin)

7/26/2012 JulyDrcBride (Sophie & Rafael)

7/28/2012 Mnunez

8/4/2012 RollerBride (Kip and Kate)

8/6/2012 AngelinaNKeith (Angelina and Keith

8/7/2012 Nj2012 (Nikki & Joe)

8/10/12 (Annie & Jon)

8/24/2012 Sarah-Jane (Sarah and James)

9/1/2012 Cbandemer (Colleen & Brian)

9/2/2012 Ktcblue2012 (Kariane & Nathan)

11/8/2012 ahall5665 (Ashley & Ethan)

11/19/2012 melinmontana (Melissa and Kael)

12/01/12 mcree (Christy and Brian)

12/17/2012 Savs1027 (Savanah and John)

2013 Weddings

1/19/2013 marilili (Maritza and Sal)

4/19/2013Dominique161

4/27/2013 Vika Yakovleva (Vika & Anthony)

5/3/2013 Kthorpe

5/18/2013 Eyeball17 (Aislinn & Bob)

Be sure to double check the list after you post to make sure you didn't forget anyone!

Hello Dominique!

Evangelina finally emailed me back and we have confirmed and booked out date of April 20th 2013! I have been trying to figure out how to book the times and locations for the ceremony and reception, but she has yet to email me back about this. Isn't she suppose to ask you this before you book? Oh and since our dates are the same week we must meet up!

Christina

Originally Posted by Dominique 161 View Post

Hello!

Im getting married on April 19th 2013!!!  She will email you back, Evangelina normally takes a couple of days to get back to you.

I have the Credit Card Authorization Form, Brides Bouquets PDF and  Beach Set-up PDF. I can email them to you if you like?

Hello Dominique!

Would you mind sending me those PDFs? They would be super helpful. I am getting married in Aug 2012, and I have been having problems communicating with the wedding department, so I wanted to try and gather as much info as I could.

Originally Posted by Dominique 161 View Post

Hello!

Im getting married on April 19th 2013!!!  She will email you back, Evangelina normally takes a couple of days to get back to you.

I have the Credit Card Authorization Form, Brides Bouquets PDF and  Beach Set-up PDF. I can email them to you if you like?

I am getting married on April 20th 2013. My name is Christina and my fiance is Jeremy. I was having trouble copying and pasting.

Originally Posted by Eyeball17 View Post

I just got confirmation that our wedding is booked for May 2013 and added my name to the list!  I am so excited.

Quick question for all brides that have been booked for a whle.  I talked to a famly member that is a travel agent and they told me that they cant do anything to help me with bookings until a few months out.  Is that true or can I reserve rooms in advance?  She also told met that their is no way for me to get a group discount even though I have 50-60 people traveling?  I saw others who mentioned group discounts and saw on the applevacations.com website that group discounts are available.  I am wondering if I should consider a different travel agent with experience booking destination weddings.  What are your thoughts?

2012 Weddings

5/12/2012 Dimplesandsuga

5/21/2012 CKNMVS

5/23/2012 Aimeelaco28

6/9/2012 Ssapper

7/28/2012 Mnunez

8/10/12 (Annie & Jon)

2013 Weddings

4/19/2013Dominique161

5/3/2013 Kthorpe

Be sure to double check the list after you post to make sure you didn't forget anyone!

Originally Posted by AngelinaNKeith View Post

Hey Everyone! Keith and I are getting married at DRC August 6, I haven't really posted anything on here yet, but looking forward to seeing what everyone has to say and give advice on.

My wedding date/time is booked, but other then that I haven't really done much with the wedding planners at Dreams thus far, I really need to start figuring out all the details. Would anyone be willing to send me some of their wedding docs such as the menus, centerpieces, flowers, cakes etc  I'd like to do a little background research before I call them up and talk.

My email is angelinavest@gmail.com -- whatever you can send is GREATLY appreciated.

Looking forward to spending the next 5-6 months with you all!!

2012 Weddings

5/12/2012 Dimplesandsuga

5/21/2012 CKNMVS

5/23/2012 Aimeelaco28

6/9/2012 Ssapper

7/28/2012 Mnunez

8/6/2012 AngelinaNKeith (Angelina and Keith

8/10/12 (Annie & Jon)

2013 Weddings

4/19/2013Dominique161

5/3/2013 Kthorpe

Hey Rollerbride!

I had an excess of time when I was weighing the decision on which package to choose so I put together an excel spreadsheet with all the details for each.. If you want me to send it to you I can, you would just have to tweak some of the numbers to reflect your 40 people, because mine is only for 30.

Post your e-mail address if you want it.

PS- You're getting married two days before me!

Originally Posted by RollerBride View Post

I was wondering the same thing. 

We are expecting 40 people. We are trying to weigh the costs of a la carte vs. the love package +20 extra guests.

We've asked for quotes from evangelina but she tends to answer a few questions here and there. i've tried doing the math myself, but it's tough because you can never tell if there are fees added, upgrade prices, etc. it's frustrating but I know she is busy and it will all work out in the end.

But, in the meantime, is anyone else expecting that many people and weighing the pricing?