Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Hey Ladies,

We are putting together our webinar schedule for BDW.  These webinars are great because not only can you get YOUR questions answered but also hear answers to questions from other brides that you may not have even though of :)

Webinars are a great way to not only hear directly from the wedding department but see the wedding packages that they offer, ceremony/reception pics, etc.

I try to only limit the webinars to once every 2 weeks so we of course can not do all resorts.

Please vote on which resorts you would like to have webinars on...you can choose more than 1.

Vote for your Resort Webinar HERE

Hello Ladies, I recently got engaged and I am starting my wedding planning early.  I was wondering if anyone has worked with Evangelina??? I had my heart set on doing my wedding at the Dreams Riviera Cancun but have been extremely disappointed with her. I finally heard back from her today after 3 weeks of silence and I haven't even put down a deposit, I can only imagine what will happen once they get the money. I can understand people being busy but she has been MIA and when she finally responds she ignores my questions and keeps asking if I am ready to put down a deposit.  I saw some of you have worked with other wedding planners at the resort so i am just wondering if she is the only one there right now or of there are a few??? I really want to book my date and time for the wedding and rest easy.

Check out this link  http://www.etsy.com/listing/61433254/tissue-paper-pom-pom-fiesta-blue-or-your

Originally Posted by Kmarch85 View Post

Can you post a pic of what the center pcs look like? curious to see.  I am still fumbling around with mine.....

Dovi - Yes I will post a picture for you of the sashes.  Do you do Facebook? - you can find me as Kate Marchewka there is a pic of me and My Fiance.  

Yes, I have actually worked with her a lot.  She is very very busy with so many weddings and questions.

Just make sure to make your subject line.... simple and include ur last name and wedding date.

keep emails simple only a few questions.

They really dont give you the most help until really close to your date.  Don't worry they do a great job.

Originally Posted by Vika Yakovleva View Post

Hello Ladies, I recently got engaged and I am starting my wedding planning early.  I was wondering if anyone has worked with Evangelina??? I had my heart set on doing my wedding at the Dreams Riviera Cancun but have been extremely disappointed with her. I finally heard back from her today after 3 weeks of silence and I haven't even put down a deposit, I can only imagine what will happen once they get the money. I can understand people being busy but she has been MIA and when she finally responds she ignores my questions and keeps asking if I am ready to put down a deposit.  I saw some of you have worked with other wedding planners at the resort so i am just wondering if she is the only one there right now or of there are a few??? I really want to book my date and time for the wedding and rest easy.

oh okay!! yeah I have made these a ton - Martha Stewart has a tutorial on how to make them.  How are using them as a center pc.

I think I have given up on trying to make mine and just going to purchase them through the resort - I want the twigs going to see if I can bring down pearls to drape around them.

Need to find some pictures and see what my quote will be.  Evangelina handed all my info over to Gina to start the final details of our wedding.

The radio station I am flying down with is checking out the place this week and they are going to take more pictures for me of the areas.  I'll post if anything seems helpful for you girls!  

Originally Posted by ashleytart View Post

Check out this link  http://www.etsy.com/listing/61433254/tissue-paper-pom-pom-fiesta-blue-or-your

They ignore everyone. The main thing is to choose your date and time and put down the deposit. I was then told to contact them closer to the wedding date but she did send me all the info I asked for regarding flowers, cake, ect.

Originally Posted by Vika Yakovleva View Post

Hi Ladies...May 12 is creeping along fast!  OMG, I feel like I have so much to do and no idea where to start it all.  One major load would be if I could find a good deal on ostrich feathers....has anyone come across those?  I thought it would be cheaper than flower centerpieces but it seems that they may be what and what :(