Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

I love the branch Idea, are you buying the branches from them?  If not how are you going to travel with them?

I just ordered my chair bows today and they shipped the same day!  only .70 a pc! such a steal!  I think I am just going to get navy blue round place mats at Target and use in the center of the table and put the lanterns and candles on them/around it just trying to think of the easiest way to travel.   the website was www.bbcrafts.com

I also ordered 50 mini maracas from AmScan (throught my work) for each of the guest and we are doing "shake for a kiss"

Since I am going down with a large Chartered group with a local radio station they bring the bands down.  Last year we got engaged on their show at the resort next door - Now Sapphire.  So this year we planned our wedding the same time.  But I will be arriving friday the 16th and staying 7 nights.   The radio show plays from 12-2pm typically and I wanted to catch some of that, so if you are willing to take the earlier salon times that would be perfect b/c I can hop in after that! 

Those bands will not be there, those were the bands from the past - but the bands stay at the resort so it makes for a ton of fun!

Well, the patio deck that is wooden that is by the infinity pool is what I choose.  I have submitted stuff in the past and they kept confusing my times.  I am sure it will all work out.  

bc of my group size I choose not to do cocktail our and just use the pool bar and have the included trio play over there while people are taking pictures.

I have 4 girls standing up in the wedding.  

So fun talking to someone who has same date! 

Originally Posted by Dovibanana View Post

These bands are going to be at the hotel all weekend? Are they playing for your wedding? That is awesome.

Yes I am confused about the reception site. I booked it with them last March. Are you sure the pool deck and patio deck are the same? There is a restuarant El Patio, I am wondering if that is what you mean?  I also emailed Yamina. Interestingly someone emailed me the other day asking to confirm the locations and I was confused bc I had already confirmed this almost a year ago....

I have a similar vision for mine. Here is a photo of what I am trying to do. My colors are blues and corals. I found cheap submersible lights for inside the vases and also lanterns for about $4.99 each. If you could get me a better deal that would be greatly appreciated! I also found manzanita branches that I am going to attempt to spray pain and hang either crystals from (expensive) or tea lights like this pic. centerpieces

I haven't found the table cloths or bows yet. I am not sure what color to use for those. I am leaning towards coral bows and white table cloths with a blue runner of some sort? Not sure. 

How many girls do you have? I have 5. I am usually the designated makeup artist of the group but of course I won't be doing this on my wedding day so I understand why you wouldn't want to do everyone's hair haha. My best friend and MOH had her wedding a few years ago at Dreams Cancun and she had all the girls get hair and makeup done. There were two people there that day. It took until maybe 12 and we started early. We were also luckily the only wedding that day bc she has like 7 people. I am willing to start as early as poss. 

I am pretty sure the patio and pool deck are different. And I dont think the patio is El Patio restaurant either. I think it is just closer to the hotel and I think has awnings too. Not 100% but pretty sure.

I am also a hairstylist and luckily one of my bridesmaids is also a hairstylist and will be doing my hair. And another one of my co workers will be attending the wedding so I am just going to pay her to do the bridesmaids/moms hair. My girlfriend also works for Bobbi Brown makeup and I am also paying her to do the girls makeup. This will be my gift to the BMs.

I am just letting the hotel do my centerpieces because I cant even imagine bringing them with us and really not as important to me. I give you guys credit for bringing it with you because they are pretty expensive at the hotel. How do you plan on bringing the branches down without them breaking?

Yeah it's such an easy thing. I am having way less people and so may only have 4-5 tables. It is much easier to travel with branches for 4-5 tables then for ~8. 

$.70 it such a good price!!! And that sounds like a great plan- the circular mats for the tables. 

After talking to you about this all I am getting soooo excited. It never really seemed real before! We have a small but really fun group and I am sure we will all have a great time at the resort together :). We arrive on the 15th and are also staying a week. 

I am totally ok with us getting the early appt times. I would make my MOH go first and then my sister and then me. There are two others and I am not sure if they are going to be utilizing the salon... I feel like I may end up doing my own makeup tho :( I am super specific when it comes to that so maybe it's for the best?

Since you aren't doing a cocktail hour did you get to substitute a lot of things in its place? We are doing it at the jacuzzi. We were thinking about having the cigar roller but it may not be worth it. 

Have you inquired about fireworks? I'd be interested to see how much that would be?

Originally Posted by Kmarch85 View Post

I love the branch Idea, are you buying the branches from them?  If not how are you going to travel with them?

I just ordered my chair bows today and they shipped the same day!  only .70 a pc! such a steal!  I think I am just going to get navy blue round place mats at Target and use in the center of the table and put the lanterns and candles on them/around it just trying to think of the easiest way to travel.   the website was www.bbcrafts.com

I also ordered 50 mini maracas from AmScan (throught my work) for each of the guest and we are doing "shake for a kiss"

Since I am going down with a large Chartered group with a local radio station they bring the bands down.  Last year we got engaged on their show at the resort next door - Now Sapphire.  So this year we planned our wedding the same time.  But I will be arriving friday the 16th and staying 7 nights.   The radio show plays from 12-2pm typically and I wanted to catch some of that, so if you are willing to take the earlier salon times that would be perfect b/c I can hop in after that! 

Those bands will not be there, those were the bands from the past - but the bands stay at the resort so it makes for a ton of fun!

Well, the patio deck that is wooden that is by the infinity pool is what I choose.  I have submitted stuff in the past and they kept confusing my times.  I am sure it will all work out.  

bc of my group size I choose not to do cocktail our and just use the pool bar and have the included trio play over there while people are taking pictures.

I have 4 girls standing up in the wedding.  

So fun talking to someone who has same date! 

I am getting married March 10!  We will be there at the same time I am sure!  HAPPY PLANNING!!!

Originally Posted by Dovibanana View Post

Hi all,

My wedding is quickly approaching- March 18th 2012. I have been reading everyone's posts occasionally. I just had a few questions and would appreciate any feedback!

1. Has anyone used the DJ the hotel provides? We do not want to pay any more for outsiders to come in so we figured we would try our luck. I did email DJ Doremixx was told they do not come to this resort... Does anyone have any experience with the hotel dj?

2. Has anyone seen table centerpieces that are blue and coral? I am *attempting* to design it myself and bring with me. I have very expensive taste and everything I want to do just isn't feasible. For example, I wanted to buy real brain coral and use those but have found they are pretty costly themselves. I am thinking of buying manzanita branches and spray painting them coral but would like any input/ideas on how to set this up....

3. I am trying to negotiate for more photographer time instead of color prints- has anyone been successful at getting most of the day covered? How much did you end up paying for the photog?

OMG!  We are supposed to honeymoon at Excellence... What didn't you like about it?!  Im freaking out!  LOL!

What is the difference between the pool terrance and the pool deck?

THANK YOU!!!

Originally Posted by GCR2011 View Post

ok so I'm finallygetting around to writing my review...if there is one thing I would do differently it would be to not worry about Gina getting back to me. They are crazy busy and extremely good at what they do.We couldn't have imagined it or planned it better, there wasn't a single hitch.

We got there on Saturday our wedding was Wednesday.Our room was automatically upgraded, it ws beautiful!!

We met with Gina on Monday she had a file with everything we had discussed. She asked to clarify anything we hadn't thought of or things she wasn't clear on. She was thorough and completely on the ball.  At that time we gave her our chair bows, knapkins and center pieces. We are fairly easy going so anything that may not have worked we told her to do what she thought was best, they are the experts and we aren't overly creative, artsy people.

We were concerned about the DJ, we met with Mauricio on Tuesday. He was friendly, professional and went through the entire reception for what we wanted, didn't want etc. We also went to the spa for our included treatments, they gave us a couples massage that was excellent.

The day of I went to get my hair and make up done at 12pm, she did a great job! It was raining in the morning but it cleared up by the time my hair was done. My husband and his son were swimming until just before 2pm. Anel met them in their room at 230pm for photos before coming to my room.

The ceremony at the Gazebo was amazing, our daughters danced down the aisle so they caused more people to watch. The person doing to the music for the ceremony had great pre ceremony music and faded the music at all the right times. Our ceremony was 330-4pm.

Our bouquets were gorgeous. Originally I had asked for calla lillies but they are out of season so Gina suggested alcatraz, which look like calla lillies to me. The bouquets and table arrangements were exactly like the pictures I had emailed her.

Anel was efficient, friendly and professional with our photos, I'll rave about her after. The mariachi band played from 430-530pm at the Barracuda bar while we took photos. We didn't have  a cocktail hour. They were a huge hit with out guests.  Anel asked if we had any other photos we wanted taken before she left to download them before the reception. She came back at about 545pm for the reception.

We had our reception on the pool terrace. It waws like our own private party. Thre is a sheet that comes out every day with the next days activities. It had said there was going to be a Mexican buffet on the pool deck the night of our wedding. When I asked Gina about she said they move it into the buffet if there is wedding, so nothing to worry about. , better than I described to them. The tables were set up beautifully We had multiple guests comment on how glad they were that we had our reception there instead of on the pool deck or beach. It had been windy all week but our night was perfect.  They gave us the light up dance floor, our colour was blue and the dance floor matched when we got there. The only negative was the dance floor is squares so it was raised on some of the edges which made it difficult to do our dance, we took dance lessons. It was still great for regular dancing.

We had a sit down dinner, the food was excellent everyone raved about how good it was. The staff was unbelievable. I definitely had my concerns about the DJ, Mauricio was awesome!! He put on a song that cleared the dance floor so he immediately mixed it with another song and got everyone up again. Everyone danced non-stop and we had added an extra hour on to our reception, we should've added two. The wait staff, Anel, Mauricio they were all amazing. I can't say enough positive things about them.

The next day we met Anel at 1030am for our trash the dress. Originally we weren't that into it but we had fun doing it and the pictures are amazing.  Anel was busy when we went back to look at our photos. The man that was there tried to upsell us to buy our extra photos, when Anel came back she was great to  deal with. She was always happy and friendly. There were so many great photos it was hard to choose only 250 of them. 

Our dvd was just emailed and our photo book should be here in a month or so.

I almost forgot we gave OOT bags, people loved them. It was great to see them around on the beach so you knew where the group was. We liked that the resort was small enough that we could always run into people.

All the staff at Dreams were fantastic. We went to the Excellence resort after, there was no comparison. At Dreams we felt like royalty, even though there were so many weddings we felt completely special. I won't go on about Excellence but I would go to dreams over Excellence any day.

I'm sure I've missed stuff so send me your questions. Like I mentioned at the beginning don't spend time worrying about the WC getting back to you, these people are amazing at what they do!!!!!  It's been a bit hectic coming back a week before Christmas since we weren't organized before we left but well worth it.

Relax, enjoy we had lots of people say it was by far the best wedding and the best way to have a wedding. Happy planning!!!!

Hi girls,

If you check out my youtube channel BelCantoRagazza you will see my tour of Dreams.  I posted it here before but maybe you missed it?  You can see the pool terrace [patio?] and the pool deck in my videos.  I'm not sure which ones are which but watching the entire tour is videos 1-11 and they are really worth watching!!  It gets us so excited to check them out... here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BelCantoRagazza?feature=mhee