Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

LINDSEY!!!!  HI...Ok, I can't even remember how I found them or if it was from this site...which it probably was but. I am going to let Dolce Cakes make it, here is their site.  She said she already had the approval to come to the resort and has been there before, some of her pictures on her site are there so I'm inclined to believe her plus she has already contacted Ana, here is the site:   www.dolcetcakes.com  The womans name is Zaida Marcos

Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

Who are you using for your cake?  I would do that but it's included in the ultimate package so I'm not sure!

They told you that too!  HMMM, I'm not liking that. Ana told me it was ok, i had to pay $50 extra.  It may have been that I threatened to pull the contract as to why they agreed but I'm going to "clarify" this with her again because its not fair to have to use who they supply who cost way too much to begin with when there are other options...where the money could be used at the resort vs. some DJ.  Plus you can't tell me its ok and other brides that it isn't...I'M ON IT! GRRRRRRR

Originally Posted by Chante View Post

After reading the post, I've contacted discomovilcancun too and they said the same thing to me !

No can do... I believe I am going to ask Gina about that.

lol..Its ok.. Sky lanterns work pretty much the way a hot air balloon works.  Here is a YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqf8E2-WKoM  and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTWC5pm29C0&feature=related, I bought them from  :http://www.justartifacts.net/, ended up being about $120 when it was all said and done...I got the simple white ones although I'm wishing I had bought some in color but I didn't want to trust the color.  Plus we've been sending them up....My fiancee has forgotten they are for the wedding and I'm sure the UFO sighting in the DC area has doubled in the last couple of weeks. I'm down to 49!  LOL  Oh and the site allows for credit card.....so you can pay for it online and they ship them right to you depending on which shipping you choose...DON'T CHOOSE LOCAL THOUGH! I'm not sure where that goes lol I chose standard and it came to me in about 5 days easy peasy

Originally Posted by Chante View Post

DimpleandSugar, how is this working sky lanterns ? (like i might be blond but how does it stay up in the air?)

where did you get 75 ?? how did you pay for that if you don't mind sharing.

thanks

Ladies....

I'm so sorry for the vendor thing. I was told that it was ok....have it in an email and wanted to share that news. I have just sent Ana an email in a pit bull tone no less, stating that I will pull this from them,  I have 60 people booked and I have no problem going to another resort. It would save money for us if we could use a couple of the vendors that we found, money we could spend at their resort on the wedding other wise...its just a cake and a DJ, what could be the harm in that....I'm waiting for her response. I would hate to turn bridezilla 8 months out but I don't like the info that is coming back....and fear that when i get down there, it will be a different story. I've already paid for the DJ and he has been to the other Dreams resort...so what is the big deal.....Detail will be coming soon!

Here is a youtube video of them...they are pretty awesome!  

I did speak with Gerente about the outside vendors and was told that they will have to be contacted and contracted by the hotel and my response was...WELL HERE IS THE INFO...CONTACT THEM!  I'm not budging because I was told one thing and am discovering another which I also brought up.  I also stated that the money spent on a dj...$300 AN HOUR, is a bit absurd.  I've received lower prices in the states....so I'm awaiting the response.  I actually already paid the guy so this will have to come through but he stated that he was had worked there before and to let him know because he will refund me but he's worked at all the Secret resorts....so the plot thickens

Originally Posted by ashleytart View Post

SKY lanterns?!  What are they?

dimplesandsuga:

Thanks so much for your concern.  However, we heard back from our WC Gina and unfortunately she said we are only allowed to use the resort options which are DJ Mauricio Neri or Edgar Carsoso.  Has anyone EVER worked with any of these two DJs and can give us any feedback?  It would be GREATLY apprecitated!!!  Thanks.

Originally Posted by dimplesandsuga View Post

Hi Rachallen

I'm working with Ana. She has pretty much been telling me that I can use the DJ and the cake baker that I've found.  I'm so sorry about them telling you that you cannot use the other vendor

Lindsay in love:

Thank you so much for your response.  This makes us alot more comfortable with our choice.  Your pictures look amazing as did you and your entire wedding. :)

Originally Posted by Lindsay in love View Post

You will not at all be disappointed using Anel from Adventure Photos, she is amazing!  I also did my research prior to selecting a photographer and knew immediately when I saw her work that she was the one I wanted to have capture my special day.  Truthfully, the entire experience at Dreams Riviera Cancun was flawless but Anel really made it extremely exciting and special.

I had her for the complete coverage as well and she was worth more then every penny we paid.

Here is our slideshow and her impressive work.

http://090511spencer.dreamsriveriacancun.adventurephotos.com.mx/

Enjoy and Congrats!

Hello!

I haven't been on here in forever and have LOTS of pages of this thread to read to catch up..I'm wondering if any of you past brides just used the Technician instead of paying for the DJ at the Reception?  I'd love to be introduced but I could have our Best Man do that really...??  Anythoughts?

We also were torn on whether not pay for the extra hour for the International Bar (four hours instead of three)..I think we are just going to do the three hours..then send somebody to get us drinks after the three hours is done..any thoughts on this?? 

SO EXCITED!!  Only four months!!!