Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

WIth La Luna, do they give you all rights to the photos (on disk)?

Originally Posted by Rick949 View Post

@CKNMVS

In terms of Del Sol/La Luna - here is their contact-  Melissa email: info@lalunaphotographers.com - She can give you all the pricing and availability for that time frame. Originally we set out for Del Sol - (not knowing there was a sister company) but they weren't available in August because its their off season - La Luna was and we had the option to pick from their available photographers - they are also a little but less expensive. I think we paid $80 per photographer to enter. Dreams has all these extra fees and taxes so I cannot be accurate but that's pretty close. Play it safe and budget $100 per.

We did not end up doing a TTD session - We were going to try and get the photographer/service who was part of the package shoot that for us the next morning but we just lost interest with everything going on. Perhaps if we tried hard enough we could have had that applied but we didn't pursue it.

In our agreement with La Luna - we were not supposed to have any other photography or video services at our wedding as part of their "Right of Competition" - so that photographers aren't competing with each other for placement angles etc. I had to cancel the photographer that was part of the package. Strangely enough I thought I had canceled the videographer as well. But apparently I didn't... as I was getting ready I saw him at the gazebo with his camera and got worried that this could be a problem. Luckily Jonathan our photographer made sure he stayed clear. He did shoot the video and we got it back a couple weeks ago.

It's a nice to have but I personally don't like video and would much rather let the photojournalistic photography tell the story on its own. The video isn't in HD and I really hate hearing my voice :) but I would say it's worth having to share among family members. The video is about 30 mins long and it's cute.

The video is awesome. Thanks for sharing. :)

Originally Posted by Rick949 View Post

Hi Aimeelaco28,

Luckily for you we just got married 8.26.11 and we had the firedancers... We were originally quoted the same price for the 30 mins show. Here is what you do - ask for the 15 minute show which will cost around 480ish - this 15 min show will last much longer as it did for us. I think it lasted longer because that's how the performers time out their routine. It was very much worth the price, it was the grand finally to our wedding.

here is a snippet from my review I haven't posted yet because we are waiting on the photos to come in

"We had them do their performance over the water bridge which crossed over the shallow kiddie pool. They were only supposed to do a 15 minute show but they went on much longer (felt like 30 mins). There were 4 of them - 3 men and one woman and it was truly a spectacle as the fire reflected off the water while we all watched from the Seaside Grill. Everyone was thoroughly impressed and it offered our guests a big bang for their last night at the resort. The music they danced to was so loud and the spectacle was so neat we started getting attention from the looky-loo's as they sat around the pool watching the show."

And now here is the bonus! Nobody has brought this video to forum until now!

Video of the firedancers!!!! on our wedding night - watch the whole thing - my brother cut it up in snippets

The video is low grade and it looked much better in real life.. and should look insane once the photos come back.

Hope that helps!

Rick (Former Groom)

It sounds like they definitely want it put somewhere towards wedding related but not necessarily on the wedding day (since they're suggesting you could possibly use it towards the at home reception). It's your day and it's their gift to you guys - if it was me I'd use it towards the honeymoon and splurge on us - but that's just me. :)

Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

So I am torn.  My future in laws are giving us a couple grand to put towards anything we want for the wedding.  It is their gift to us.  Immediately, I thought about a private rehearsal dinner.  I thought no one would hear our toasts, we could present the gifts,etc.  Fiance and his mom are practical so they think we should have a semi private rehearsal dinner and use the rest towards our at home reception [which will be in my parents backyard like a romantic garden party]. Fiance also suggested paying for our guests catamaran trips [which I think isn't necessary.] and putting is aside for a honeymoon.  I do think it needs to be used towards the wedding...a private rehearsal and the centerpieces seemed like the perfect option and I feel defeated that both of them think a private rehearsal isn't necessary.  They said I could have whatever I want but now I just feel spoiled and stupid. :(

Sorry for venting.

What would you use a spare $2000 for at Dreams?

I have upgraded our wedding package as I want the photographer to capture the entire wedding but also because my top priorities are pictures, DJ and drinks for the guests. I've talked to a few brides who also upgraded theirs as pictures were on the top of their lists as well and so far they all thought it was worth it and some others who didn't but were extremely happy with the shots they received so it really depends on how important they are to you and how many pictures you want. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by klayne View Post

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, but recently booked my wedding for March 31, 2012. Does anyone know whether the North Beach or the South Beach is better for the ceremony? I'm trying to decide the location but I am not sure which is better. Thanks!

Also: has anyone upgraded their photo package (I have the Ultimate wedding package)? If so, was it worth the additional expense?

OMG! I've only gone thru the first few pages and the thread is AMAZING!!! Thank you soo much for sharing. I'm not going to lie - I'm not liking the wedding planning so far. I work pretty insane hours so am really shorted on time when it comes to the planning. I love how you did soo many things in a cost effective yet absolutely gorgeous way. And, ofcourse you looked beautiful. :)  And, I'm loving the colors you used too...seriously thinking about using them along with some of your ideas. Thanks again for sharing and congratulations! :)

Originally Posted by pbjwed View Post

LADIES,

CONGRATS TO ALL THE NEW BRIDES GETTING MARRIED AT DRC!!!!!   I havent been on in awhile and wanted to share my planning thread. It might help all the new brides!   Make sure you go through the entire thread since I had to keep adding on throughout several days and there are comments in between my posts...  Hope you enjoy it! If you have a questions I can help- make sure you ask away!!

Here is the link...pinkie.gif

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/73522/janine-s-drc-mexico-wedding-planning-thread-pic-heavy-11-11-10

Janine

Hello Everyone:

This is our first time writing in the forum after several months of snooping around getting some GREAT insight :)

First off thanks to all brides and grooms who have taken the time to inform us all of any unknown details regarding a destination wedding!!! It is such a relief and has prepared us for all of the upcoming details.  We are getting married at Dreams Riviera Cancun on June 30, 2012 and have a few questions of our very own. 

We are purchasing the ultimate wedding package and our coordinator is Georgina aka Gina (who has been very quick at responding to all of our emails since day 1).

1) Has anyone received the 2012 pricing for all the add ons?  We are slightly concerned since we want to budget ourselves for the additional expenses.  Gina has not given us the pricing as she said it is not yet available.  However we're wondering if perhaps any January/February couples have received the pricing being that it is not so far away.  Originally we thought that since we gave a deposit in 2011, we'd get the 2011 pricing but if we are understanding correctly that is NOT the case.

2)  We are working with the following vendors. Does anyone have ANY FEEDBACK on any of these guys?  Originally we were considering a different photographer but Anels photo quality seems very nice.  So as of right now we will keep her.  However, We'd like to know what you guys may have to say about any of the vendors listed below as they will help complete our special day and we want everything to go smoothly.  We are also concerned about the DJ since we had no other option as per resort policy (we originally wanted DJ Doremixx).

- Photography- Adventure Photo (Anel Fuentes) - Complete wedding coverage

- Videography- Cancun wedding video (Mike Cantarell) - We hired him as we weren't so thrilled with the samples provided by resort videographer. - 5 hrs HD traditional coverage

- Resort Videographer- Videowedd (Cecilia Torres) - Since its included in ultimate package we will use this for rehearsal dinner coverage instead (which has been approved by the resort.)

- Photobooth- Photofacebook (Cecilia Dumas) - We plan to use this as part of our wedding favors to our guest. - 2 hrs

- DJ Entertainment (DJ Mauricio Neri) - We will hire for 3 Hrs

3) Also, If its not a problem, can someone update us on payments? Is there a payment plan after we have made the reservation deposit? Do we pay it in installments or do we pay entire cost upon arrival at the resort? If so, how is that final payment made as we understand only a certain amount of cash is allowed to be received per guest per stay?

I hope you guys can assist with some of our questions if not all :)

Thanks so much for all the insight!

Rachel & Allen

Hello Rachallen

You may want to contact a travel agent, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! Here is who I've used and they are FANTASTIC!  The rate we have for our group is very competitive. 

I haven't recieved the 2012 pricing yet, but was told that there aren't exactly payment plans set up....HOWEVER, our travel agent told us that we can make payments to them and they can send it to the resort with a record so we know what we've paid. 

There is a less expensive DJ option as well...someone on here recommended him and I've already paid him for the services....6 hours, including ceremony is:

Please take a look at my Price/Gear list

Wedding Reception for 20 to 100 pax.

Gear:

1 Wireless Mic Shure SM 58. (For Speeches).

2 Powered Loudspeakers QSC K10.

1 Dj Mixer & Macbook.

4 Par 64 Led lighting.

Up to 5 Hours of Music.

$ 600.00 Usd.

Overtime $ 100.00 US. Per Hour.

Ceremony Set Up. (Optional)

1 Powered LoudSpeaker Q.S.C K 10 .

1 8 Channel Mixer

1 Shure ULXS Wireless Mic

$150 usd.

We have just been saving away. Depending on what you select, it could be as much as between 9k-15k....its all in what you select... It could just be the Ultimate package and what's included...just depends on who is invited and how much you have to spend

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachallen18 View Post

Hello Everyone:

This is our first time writing in the forum after several months of snooping around getting some GREAT insight :)

First off thanks to all brides and grooms who have taken the time to inform us all of any unknown details regarding a destination wedding!!! It is such a relief and has prepared us for all of the upcoming details.  We are getting married at Dreams Riviera Cancun on June 30, 2012 and have a few questions of our very own. 

We are purchasing the ultimate wedding package and our coordinator is Georgina aka Gina (who has been very quick at responding to all of our emails since day 1).

1) Has anyone received the 2012 pricing for all the add ons?  We are slightly concerned since we want to budget ourselves for the additional expenses.  Gina has not given us the pricing as she said it is not yet available.  However we're wondering if perhaps any January/February couples have received the pricing being that it is not so far away.  Originally we thought that since we gave a deposit in 2011, we'd get the 2011 pricing but if we are understanding correctly that is NOT the case.

2)  We are working with the following vendors. Does anyone have ANY FEEDBACK on any of these guys?  Originally we were considering a different photographer but Anels photo quality seems very nice.  So as of right now we will keep her.  However, We'd like to know what you guys may have to say about any of the vendors listed below as they will help complete our special day and we want everything to go smoothly.  We are also concerned about the DJ since we had no other option as per resort policy (we originally wanted DJ Doremixx).

- Photography- Adventure Photo (Anel Fuentes) - Complete wedding coverage

- Videography- Cancun wedding video (Mike Cantarell) - We hired him as we weren't so thrilled with the samples provided by resort videographer. - 5 hrs HD traditional coverage

- Resort Videographer- Videowedd (Cecilia Torres) - Since its included in ultimate package we will use this for rehearsal dinner coverage instead (which has been approved by the resort.)

- Photobooth- Photofacebook (Cecilia Dumas) - We plan to use this as part of our wedding favors to our guest. - 2 hrs

- DJ Entertainment (DJ Mauricio Neri) - We will hire for 3 Hrs

3) Also, If its not a problem, can someone update us on payments? Is there a payment plan after we have made the reservation deposit? Do we pay it in installments or do we pay entire cost upon arrival at the resort? If so, how is that final payment made as we understand only a certain amount of cash is allowed to be received per guest per stay?

I hope you guys can assist with some of our questions if not all :)

Thanks so much for all the insight!

Rachel & Allen