Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Congrats!!!  I am so happy for you!  Check out my blog about DRC and planning.. lots of info for you!!!

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/73522/janine-s-drc-mexico-wedding-planning-thread-pic-heavy-11-11-10

Originally Posted by CKNMVS View Post

Thanks so much for sharing. If you could provide any feedback about Dreams, wedding, and locations available to have both wedding  reception  and cocktail hour, I would greatly appreciate it. I recently booked May 21st, 2012 for my wedding and am super excited. I am just having trouble understanding what locations are available for cocktail hour and reception. I know pool deck is an option for reception and looks beautiful, but I am worried that it may be too hot? Has anyone seen or does anyone have pictures of other spots to hold reception? What about cocktail hour? Also, has anyone gotten married at gazebo- is it private? Sorry for all questions, its tough to get answers from Ana- I know she is busy and since my wedding is months away, I am not priority but I am getting anxious. Also when do you reserve photographer and DJ? Has anyone used outside vendors.

I am not sure what I should do first! So overwhelming. Any feedback/advice would be so grealy appreciated.

Thank you and congratulations to everyone!

My wedding is 5 months away and Ana is driving me nuts not responding!!! I pretty much left her alone for 6 months and now I need some questions answered and she doesnt respond and when she actually and finally does, its a half ass answer. THEN I have to write another email repeating the question she previously decided to not answer and wait for that emaiL! UGH! frustrating!

Lindsey- My fiance and I have to decided to spend $2000 of our own money on a private sunset catamaran cruise. I reasearched to best deal for a couple of months and finally found an awesome deal with great communication. We booked a double decker 72 ft. catamaran that fits max 150 ppl and we are only using it for 30 ppl. They were the only ones that offered actual dinner food and has room for everyone to sit down and eat. They are also picking us up from the hotel and taking up to the boat in Cancun. This was our splurge. Only inviting bridal party, their date, and immediate family.

Hi.  I've been to dreams.  Check out my youtube channel, BelCantoRagazza with our tour.  There are 11 videos.  North Beach is definitely more private!

Originally Posted by klayne View Post

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, but recently booked my wedding for March 31, 2012. Does anyone know whether the North Beach or the South Beach is better for the ceremony? I'm trying to decide the location but I am not sure which is better. Thanks!

Also: has anyone upgraded their photo package (I have the Ultimate wedding package)? If so, was it worth the additional expense?

jkhowell, do you mind sharing the name of the catamaran company? I was thinking about doing something like this too, but not sure who to go with! thanks!

Originally Posted by jkhowell View Post

My wedding is 5 months away and Ana is driving me nuts not responding!!! I pretty much left her alone for 6 months and now I need some questions answered and she doesnt respond and when she actually and finally does, its a half ass answer. THEN I have to write another email repeating the question she previously decided to not answer and wait for that emaiL! UGH! frustrating!

Lindsey- My fiance and I have to decided to spend $2000 of our own money on a private sunset catamaran cruise. I reasearched to best deal for a couple of months and finally found an awesome deal with great communication. We booked a double decker 72 ft. catamaran that fits max 150 ppl and we are only using it for 30 ppl. They were the only ones that offered actual dinner food and has room for everyone to sit down and eat. They are also picking us up from the hotel and taking up to the boat in Cancun. This was our splurge. Only inviting bridal party, their date, and immediate family.

Your tube videos were so helpful thanks so much for posting!! Having visual helps so much! I really want to have entire wedding outdoors but I am  nervous about the heat. From what you saw- what did you guys end up selecting for cocktail hour and reception? Are you having beach ceremony? I orginally wanted to get married at gazebo but I dont like how it is so close to the pool. There was another area on you video that the guide said you can be married- was it on a terrace- I couldnt make it out?

Thanks so much for posting!

Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

Hi.  I've been to dreams.  Check out my youtube channel, BelCantoRagazza with our tour.  There are 11 videos.  North Beach is definitely more private!