Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Rick,

That Seaside Grill reception looks amazing!!!  I would love it if we could do that.  How much extra are they charging you to close the restaurant.  I was quoted $35 extra per person and I feel like, since we'll already be paying per head for cocktail and reception over 20 people, that adding another $35 is too much.  Did you get a good price for this?  Thanks!

Originally Posted by Rick949 View Post

Thanks everyone!

I feel kind of strange being a groom on the "brides post here" - but my fiance is a full time nursing student and caregiver so I have to take the lead :)

I will keep you all posted... talking about swapping out things... We decided to go with La Luna photography - and not use the adventure photo or videography. I am hoping that somehow when we get down there to use the photography session that is included in the package to be used towards a Trash the dress session the next morning, but there is no guarantee of that.

Apparently when you decide not to use a service from your package - your 'electing' not to use it - so they don't have to substitute it for something or allow you to use that value towards something else. Perhaps we can swing a deal when we get down there. One thing that I am learning is that Dreams sticks to their packages and maybe sometimes they will hook someone up or do something extra.. but you have to go into this with the expectations of the preset package.

We just found out that we will be the only wedding on our day, we also got the seaside grill for our reception! just like this couple had a year ago... I love this slide show  http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=290  - whats amazing to me is that this is a very small wedding but the photography makes it so rich you don't even notice..I have looked at this slide show at least 20 times now.

Congratulation!!! Very excited for you. Absolutely can't wait to read your review. :)

And, to second that, I had contacted Gina earlier about a few "swaps" and was given the same information. They give us the package and everything in it...it's upto us whether we want to use all the elements or not but they don't reduce our price because of that. As some others have stated, an alternative is getting a lower package and adding on whatever else you want.

Originally Posted by Rick949 View Post

Thanks everyone!

I feel kind of strange being a groom on the "brides post here" - but my fiance is a full time nursing student and caregiver so I have to take the lead :)

I will keep you all posted... talking about swapping out things... We decided to go with La Luna photography - and not use the adventure photo or videography. I am hoping that somehow when we get down there to use the photography session that is included in the package to be used towards a Trash the dress session the next morning, but there is no guarantee of that.

Apparently when you decide not to use a service from your package - your 'electing' not to use it - so they don't have to substitute it for something or allow you to use that value towards something else. Perhaps we can swing a deal when we get down there. One thing that I am learning is that Dreams sticks to their packages and maybe sometimes they will hook someone up or do something extra.. but you have to go into this with the expectations of the preset package.

We just found out that we will be the only wedding on our day, we also got the seaside grill for our reception! just like this couple had a year ago... I love this slide show  http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=290  - whats amazing to me is that this is a very small wedding but the photography makes it so rich you don't even notice..I have looked at this slide show at least 20 times now.

I second Sarah-Jane...you should be getting a commission on this business Lol! Thanks again for the fireworks pdf and the additional info. :)

Originally Posted by Sarah-Jane View Post

Oh Wow good work Courtney!!!!

You should be getting Dreams to be paying you for all this as i am sure they will use them from now on!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Looking forward to seeing what package they come up with!

Don't stress out - I know it's hard not to when you keep reading about where everyone else is in their planning process but as one of the other brides said, it really will fall in place and in lot less time than a traditional wedding at home. I feel like I'm planning 2 weddings at the same time (ours and my future sister-in-law's) and the amount of work that's going in her wedding is making me realize how much easier I have it. Don't worry - just give people a heads up on location and date and everyone who wants to be there will find a way to be there. :)

Originally Posted by aimeelaco28 View Post

I feel so behind :(  Our wedding is May 23rd 2012 and we haven't even told our guests about where to book and who to book with. Gah! I'm stressing.

I saw you are getting the same weekend as me. Do you have a large group coming with you???

Originally Posted by asanyc View Post

Don't stress out - I know it's hard not to when you keep reading about where everyone else is in their planning process but as one of the other brides said, it really will fall in place and in lot less time than a traditional wedding at home. I feel like I'm planning 2 weddings at the same time (ours and my future sister-in-law's) and the amount of work that's going in her wedding is making me realize how much easier I have it. Don't worry - just give people a heads up on location and date and everyone who wants to be there will find a way to be there. :)

I second you Jordanna!  I was worried because no one was calling or booking, Now we have 25 booked...like everyone decided to call and book at the same time and that doesn't include our bridal party. 

Has anyone thought about having their ceremony in an obscure location, like the lobby, right where the picture of the stairs are :

drerc4.jpg

drerc60.jpg

That would be a really pretty location. I wonder if they'll allow that.

Originally Posted by dimplesandsuga View Post

I second you Jordanna!  I was worried because no one was calling or booking, Now we have 25 booked...like everyone decided to call and book at the same time and that doesn't include our bridal party. 

Has anyone thought about having their ceremony in an obscure location, like the lobby, right where the picture of the stairs are :

drerc4.jpg

drerc60.jpg

Congrats!!! Finding THE dress is like the craziest thing I've encountered thus far but I was able to find 2 by the same designer.  My wedding isn't until next May, should I already be seeing a seamstress and all just yet?

Originally Posted by aimeelaco28 View Post

I'm so excited! I found my wedding dress on Saturday!!! I LOVE it! I spent over a year looking and it was def. worth the wait.

It's sooo different and unique I'm constantly looking at pictures of it haha Anyways I just felt like telling the world!!