Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

That's a really good list - not as unorganized as you think :) My wedding is over a 14 months away so I'm just taking notes and will send all this to Ana around 6 months before. For OOT bags, I've been noting things like bug spray, sun screen, lotion, magazines or paperbacks, chapstick, etc. - same things as a stocking stuffers. It's a shame I won't know the total # of guests till almost 2 months before the wedding or could've bought things during after Christmas sale. :)

Originally Posted by dimplesandsuga View Post

Oh my list is both unorganized and sloppy. Its basically, 

photographer--a list of of the ones with votes on whose the best, probably gonna go with the one the resort keeps in their back pocket since everyone has given them reviews, and then it spans off into random ideas for pics.  Then I have my budget ideas, do I want fire dancers, do i want cigar rollers, do we want the light up floor, fireworks, pros and cons, find out how much they are, i have a list of different cost so I plan on using them as bargaining chips because different brides have different quotes. 

BUT WAIT....REAL TOUCH FLOWERS.....DO TELL!!!!  This is the first I'm hearing of such. I would love to make my brides maids bouquet with these and have a real bouquet for myself.....BUT DON'T SHIP!!!  The one thing I did get from Ana right after I reserved my date, she said not to ship, it gets caught up in customs and they have nowhere do keep them safe until your arrival and there is no gurantee they won't get opened and used for another wedding. In earlier post, several brides ran into this problem, its best to bring a suitcase with your stuff and do it down there

My wedding is 5-12-2012.  I talked to my mom  and she said I'm probably getting too excited and I should plan my OOT bags after I have a final guest list and I know exactly whose coming which makes sense. I was gonna just get a bunch of fun stuff,.....including condoms for the single folks, but I have a lot of old people that would be there...I DO NOT WANT THEM TO SEE CONDOMS!  I would be mortified!  smile41.gif

Wow! These are absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had a creative streak like that. My fiance and I are just going to an invitation consultant. :)

Originally Posted by dimplesandsuga View Post

Sorry about the first post, I attached them, I'm still learning ladies. But these are my SIY save the date. The flower and the design and trying to do trial and run with everything from fonts to color but this is my final product

STD PAGE 1&2SS028.jpg

STD2STD PAGE 3&4SS029.jpg

MagnetSS030.jpg

SS033.jpg

final productSS035.jpg

Unfortunatly, these are the ugliest stamps ever to accompany the wedding stamp, but it was that or a frog of some sort. :(....This is the white envelopeSS036.jpg

this is the silver..SS037.jpg

SS038.jpg

Yeah, I reached out to them and was told that Dreams only allows "approved" vendors - a way around though is putting the vendor on your guest list and paying for a day pass but by the end of it all, especially for flowers, that may not end up really saving too much.

Originally Posted by kad1010 View Post

Lindsey you are such a huge help!   Did the resort stop allowing all outside vendors in? I want to use real flowers but those prices are ridiculous!

Thanks Lindsey! You are going to LOVE it! The deck was absolutely perfect. All of my guests raved about it. I got really lucky as it rained that morning so it cooled down some and was less humid. It was really comfortable with the ocean breeze and I was wearing my long dress the whole time. The sand and deck were cool by 6pm - I was barefoot all night!

Originally Posted by LindseyM View Post

Such a relief and I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!  Yamina is my planner too.  How was the pool deck at night?  Was it nice or humid?  I am so happy for you!!

Yay!  I am so glad to hear that!  You're wedding is like almost exactly before mine.  I am so anxious I don't know how I'll get through 11 months!!  Ps how much was your flight from Austin?  One of my bridesmaids is moving there next month so she won't get to fly out with all of us!

Originally Posted by LindsayMichelle View Post

Thanks Lindsey! You are going to LOVE it! The deck was absolutely perfect. All of my guests raved about it. I got really lucky as it rained that morning so it cooled down some and was less humid. It was really comfortable with the ocean breeze and I was wearing my long dress the whole time. The sand and deck were cool by 6pm - I was barefoot all night!

Hey ToBeMrsDavis,

We are hoping to get a last minute deal in November time for a week to Riviera Maya, not necessarily the DRC but hoping to do a site visit for a day or few hours just to see it! If we do will let you know how it goes!!!

Sxxx

Originally Posted by ToBeMrsDavis View Post

Yeah at first we werent keen on having blood test's but dont want a ceremony over here say at the local town hall or wherever so defo having a legal wedding is a must for us and think it will be absolutley amazing!! Im so jealous of all the people who have been able to do a site visit i just wish we could do that!! We have never been to Mexico but have been to Dominican si would imagine the weather is similar!!

xx

I know i too would love to have it all booked up its so so annoying!!! We have 16 definates, i am thinking about 25 will come. I am going to get the invitations out before Christmas i know this is a bit early but i am going to ask for a answer by April which will be 4 months before hand so i know how many chair bows etc.. i am going to need! I was also looking on ebay for organza rolls as i want the beach huppa thingy to be decorated in pink and orange and they have quoted me $300 for this, i know i can get a meter of it for £2.50 so i will try and get the dimensions of it and see how much fabric i may need. I think this is a lot cheaper doing it this way!

I have booked the ultimate package as this fits with everything we need. The extras we will probably go for is dance floor and DJ.

I have Yamina as my WC and she has been absolutley brilliant so far i am so excited!!!

I did go dress shopping a few weekends ago and think i have found my dress! I am going to go back next weekend and try it on again with my sister there and see what she thinks!! I am a little afraid its going to be a bit too heavy for August weather in Mexico but if i love it then i have to have it!!! Hee hee hee hee I have heard that there are wedding dress sales September time so i am tempted to wait until then even if i know the dress i want or maybe a wedding show! Hmmm as i have no experience in this i dont know if its worth doing or not!

Love the styleboards thankyou for that!!! I am going with pink and orange! Very tropical!

S x

Originally Posted by ToBeMrsDavis View Post

I know us brits arent as good as all these american ladies sharing all there experiences i am so glad i found this site it has helped me with so many things that i probably would never have even thought of and will make our big day even more spectacular!! Its a bit of a pain that we cant book flights till 11months before i want it all booked NOW ha ha!! BA christmas sale would be great if you could book it then!! How many guests are going with you? Thin there will be around 30 coming with us so excited!!  Yes i am going to get my bow covers to take with me ebat have really cheap ones or you can buy rolls of organzer to make into bows! What package have you booked? Who do you have as a WC? I hve everything written down in my lovely wedding planner one of my bridesmaids made for me it brilliant and gets me so excited ha ha!! I booked 2 dress shopping days also for us all to have some fun as we can not decided on a theme or colour we think powder blue and white and may add a little splash of another colour found a really good website that has styleboards for ideas have a look!! http://www.dessy.com/pantone/gallery/

xx