Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Loi just realized why I said I would only pay an extra half hr because instead of paying for an "official" cocktai hr...I am just habit everyone go o which ever bar at the resort they want to and taking the credit that I would be paying for a cocktail hr and applying an extra hr to the reception. Now it makes more sense...sorry for the confusion...I was confusing myself!!

Hi ladies!!! This is my first post, but i have been creepin on this thread for a few weeks now embarrest.gif

Most of my concerns and questions have been answered, but i still have a few.

1. when you pick ur date and Ana confirms do you also get to tell her what time you want?

2. Do you get to pick out your ceremony location, cocktail hour and reception locations rite away or do you have to wait until you get there. I have certain areas i want and i dont wanna be stuck with the leftover place because 2 other brides already chose before me.

3. I talked to a travel agent and got some quotes for pricing and it is wayyyy more money than just booking through expedia!!! Is it bad if i tell my guest to book by themselves?

sorry for all the questions thanks!!!

Hi ladies!!! I'm new to the forum, well i have been sifting through all 672 pages for the last couple weeks and a lot of my questions have been answered but a few.

1. Once you choose your date and its confirmed do you get to choose your time as well, i don't want a super early slot because i want pics at sunset.

2. Do you also get to tell her your choices for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception rite away or do you have to wait till you get there. I know there are usually 3 weddings in a day and i don't want another bride to have already chosen the spots i like.

3. I don't think I'm going to use a travel agent because they have quoted me wayyy higher prices than just booking through expedia which is what i have used in the past. Is it bad to ask our guests to book by themselves? even tho it will save them  lots of $$ in the end?

4. finally what made you choose DRC? i have also been looking at Dreams Tulum and i like them both.

Thanks sorry for all the Questions!!

Sarah-Jane

Im from the Uk also its will be good to hear from you tings you have found in the Uk and choices you have made and also all about you big day! I have loved ready all post's but have found a lot of the reccommendations only relate to US! Like the luxury of a site visit which we would just not be able to do! Are you booking through a travel agent or are you booking yourself when we have been looking or getting quotes from travl agents they chage about £300 more!! Were not planning on getting married till August 2013 so i have plenty of time to look into everything!!

Any details and info would be amazing tho!! I get so excited when looking and could spend days on here!!

Hello

This site is so so helpful the brides 2 be are all super!!

Im glad to see a few UK brides on here too!

Have you decided on a colour scheme? i am really struggling with this i love blues but not seen many people with a similar colour as to what i want so struggling to visualise it!!

Have you book through a travel agent? how many guest do you have going? Are you going to take table linnen or extra things with you?

xx

Originally Posted by kmc View Post

Hi Everyone 

New to this page . We are all booked up for 7th july 2012 !!!cheer2.gif

Any tips hints would be greatly appreciated ! 

Can anyone tell me how busy the resort will be at that time we are going from the 2- 26 july

thank you xx 

Oh yours is a whole year before we plan to have ours!! You will have to update me with details and how busy the resort is also how hot it is or weather it rains whilst your there i think were going to try and book to go around 16th August get married 20th possibly! Are you having a legal wedding there? xx

Originally Posted by Sarah-Jane View Post

SO EXCITED!!!! JUST SPOKE TO ANA AND MY WEDDING IS BOOKED FOR 24TH AUGUST 2012!!!!!

Oh yay thats really exciting! Yes i haven't come across many UK brides on here either so its quite exciting to be able to share some info! 

I dont think i will be using a travel agent. I have booked the wedding direct with the resort but we cant price up the holiday yet until about September time as flight prices are not available until 11 month before so this is quite frustrating! I am thinking of trying to get a group discount booking the holiday with BA as they do it as a package. I also know Monarch do it too so i will price that up and in September i will phone a few travel agents and see what type of prices they come up with but i think i may wait until the BA christmas sale to be honest! 

I am thinking of trying to get most of my chair bows etc... from the states as they seem to be so cheap over there so i just have to wait for a friend to go over there or see how i can get it all back to the UK, i haven't really thought about this yet! 

I shall keep you updated as to what i find out etc.. its very exciting!!! 

Originally Posted by ToBeMrsDavis View Post

Sarah-Jane

Im from the Uk also its will be good to hear from you tings you have found in the Uk and choices you have made and also all about you big day! I have loved ready all post's but have found a lot of the reccommendations only relate to US! Like the luxury of a site visit which we would just not be able to do! Are you booking through a travel agent or are you booking yourself when we have been looking or getting quotes from travl agents they chage about £300 more!! Were not planning on getting married till August 2013 so i have plenty of time to look into everything!!

Any details and info would be amazing tho!! I get so excited when looking and could spend days on here!!

I was thinking it would be a lot easier to go for a Symbolic ceremony but my husband to be says that if we are going all the way over to Mexico then we should really do it properly and get married legally there, so thats what we are doing! We have to be there 4 business days beforehand so i think we will actually go out a week beforehand so we can get used to the heat too! I have been to Mexico end of August beginning of September about 5 years ago and it was very hot and humid so i am expecting this for my wedding!

xxx

Originally Posted by ToBeMrsDavis View Post

Oh yours is a whole year before we plan to have ours!! You will have to update me with details and how busy the resort is also how hot it is or weather it rains whilst your there i think were going to try and book to go around 16th August get married 20th possibly! Are you having a legal wedding there? xx