Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

this is just a general question. . . . i see in most pics the bride's have their hair down and the wind is blowing like crazy, why not go for the hair up ??? i know having long curled hair looks beautiful but i think im more of a safe person who just rather not have to keep sweeping it away from my face... is having your hair up on your wedding day out of style ? lol & have any of you regretted having your hair down?

I know!  I'm too chicken to leave it down, too!  I thought this was pretty but maybe I'm wrong? Haha.

http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/38567/detailview.aspx?type=3&id=38567&STOPREDIRECTING=TRUE&specific%20detail=updos

Originally Posted by emilyann2986 View Post

this is just a general question. . . . i see in most pics the bride's have their hair down and the wind is blowing like crazy, why not go for the hair up ??? i know having long curled hair looks beautiful but i think im more of a safe person who just rather not have to keep sweeping it away from my face... is having your hair up on your wedding day out of style ? lol & have any of you regretted having your hair down?

Aw!  I thought I finally found a June 2011 bride on here for the DRC! lol - We sent out invites in October 2010 - didnt do save the dates but emailed everyone our wedding website ( back in the summer)  from The KNOT and it had all the info on there.  I had the cut off date for the responses January 15th - we still have responses coming in now!  It's very tough coordinating a destination wedding.  Getting everyone to book and reserve their flights is a pain.  I know it will be worth it when we are at the beach with our close family and best friends though!! cheers.gif

Originally Posted by emilyann2986 View Post

We aren't getting married until June 2012 lol.. im on here kinda early just to see what everyone says.. We are going there to check it out june 1st-5th 2011.. too bad its not your wedding that week I could have checked it out.. I dont have time to go and check out every resort I am interested in so I was having a hard time booking the trip at DRC since im praying when i get there ill love it enough to book my wedding for next year. . . . this thread made me finally settle on it as the hotel ill hopefully book for the wedding lol June 18th is coming close..... you must be very excited. How long in advance did u send your invitations? Also if i book it this June i plan on sending Save The Dates as soon as I get back.... is it wrong to ask people to let me know if they are 100% not coming before i send them an invitation and itinerary? -be honest! lol

I can not WAIT to wear my long wedding dress and short reception dress in Mexico.  This is my short dress ( i figured it would be really hot in June to wear the long one the whole time) -

http://www.netfashionavenue.com/images/products/detail/15046_F.jpg

This is my long wedding dress- I actually found it on line and it is categorized as a "prom dress"  but it is so perfect for a destination wedding- Its really light and flowy.  The dresses I tried on at the bridal boutiques were way to heavy even for their categorized " destination" dresses.

http://www.tiza.com/prom-dresses/La_Femme_15027.htm

rolleyes.gif

Hey there, 

I have been on the forum for over a year now and I remember people saying that as long as you have pictures of exactly what you want, the spa people are pretty great at replicating. No one seems to have hated their hair and make up, as long as it was brought in as a pic and shown to the hair/makeup people. So maybe you can get it just right and take tons of pics and trust them to do it well from there. I understand though if it is too stressful to worry about that element. I know back many months ago there were some reviews of brides who brought in a guy and LOVED his hair/makeup, but I cannot remember his name...

Check back a few months in this stream. Good luck!

Wow, both dresses are so pretty! I absolutely love the La Femme dress...you're right, it's perfect for a beach wedding! Did you already order them?

Originally Posted by brookeh68 View Post

I can not WAIT to wear my long wedding dress and short reception dress in Mexico.  This is my short dress ( i figured it would be really hot in June to wear the long one the whole time) -

http://www.netfashionavenue.com/images/products/detail/15046_F.jpg

This is my long wedding dress- I actually found it on line and it is categorized as a "prom dress"  but it is so perfect for a destination wedding- Its really light and flowy.  The dresses I tried on at the bridal boutiques were way to heavy even for their categorized " destination" dresses.

http://www.tiza.com/prom-dresses/La_Femme_15027.htm

rolleyes.gif

I know, I remember reading about him too... Fernado something? I'm probably totally wrong, lol. I wonder how expensive he is...one of the nice things is that him and his team come to your room to do your hair/makeup as opposed to going to the spa. Not a big deal at all, but one less thing to worry about. I've read that it can take forever at the spa since they really try to please you, so I would make the appt a little bit earlier just to be safe. A few brides on here have commented that their appts ran late.

Originally Posted by lcraney View Post

Hey there, 

I have been on the forum for over a year now and I remember people saying that as long as you have pictures of exactly what you want, the spa people are pretty great at replicating. No one seems to have hated their hair and make up, as long as it was brought in as a pic and shown to the hair/makeup people. So maybe you can get it just right and take tons of pics and trust them to do it well from there. I understand though if it is too stressful to worry about that element. I know back many months ago there were some reviews of brides who brought in a guy and LOVED his hair/makeup, but I cannot remember his name...

Check back a few months in this stream. Good luck!

I agree, I've heard Azul Beach is awesome...I looked into it too but decided on DRC for 2 reasons...1) AB was a bit more expensive than DRC, and I really wanted to make it as affordable for our guests as possible. & 2) Exactly what Carbaholic said...we have a bunch of procrastinators in our group too, lol, and I was afraid the resort would be booked. It's a much smaller resort. That's another thing I like about Dreams, it seems that as far as resorts are concerned, its considered mid sized- 486 rooms I believe- so you can still get around comfortably from point a to point b, without needing a shuttle or a pair of running shoes.

It's funny that you mention the TA thing...I went to a bridal expo last month and was talking to one of the TAs there...she was REALLY pushing the Azul brand as well. They must getting some mighty fine kickbacks msnwink.gif

Originally Posted by Carbaholic View Post

Last April, I was in Mexico with my FH and my whole family.  We stayed at DRC but we rented a car and drove to some other resorts to check them out.  My TA also was pushing Azul Sensatori... so we went to check it out (also saw Grand Palladium and the Riu Palace).  It honestly gave us the feeling that by the time our wedding rolled around this year, it would be shut down. The place was DEAD.  I'll admit, it's not exactly high season, but it was a gorgeous day and there was NO one in the pool, 3 of the elevators weren't working, the water in the spa wasn't working (like, from the taps and toilet), it was overrun with Mosquitos (while at DRC the same day, we had NONE) and the beach was very narrow - I'm not even certain we could have fit 30 people on the beach for the ceremony.  This all being said, the rooms are beautiful and resort is very pretty, there were just a few too many red-flags for us.  I wonder if they're giving TAs some sort of huge incentive to book people there?  

As for Azul Beach, I have heard it's gorgeous!  It's very small and we were worried a lot of our friends would try to book last minute and the resort would be full (that's just our friends - they procrastinate for everything!).  But apparently it is stunning.