Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Soooo , I sent an email with questions to Lisbeth ( our 4th coordinator) about our June 18th wedding.  I got the responses back promptly but 1/2 of them were incorrect.  Our wedding contract was developed over a YEAR ago and we had requested the Gazebo at 530 pm for the wedding.  At the time ANA stated we were the only wedding and it was confirmed. Now, Lisbeth is telling me that the Gazebo is not available for that time!!  Very upsetting. 

Also, I saw on this blog the price for a cigar roller for 20 cigars is 150.00. She quoted me 300.00 for the hr!! 

I have an email  FROM HER that confirms my guests that need day passes will not be charged due to the private event.  But, on this email she quoted the 55.00/day. I do not understand how everything can vary so much from pricing to times to locations every time I am in contact with Dreams.  Had to vent! sad.gif

The kicker is, it's on my contract from last March!  I sent an email with all of the contracts back to her - waiting for a response.

Originally Posted by plantcityhome View Post

This is a concern of mine too. Reserving and expecting to be able to use the gazebo but then something happening or the coordinator changing.

Does anyone have any advice on how to cut down risk related to this issue?

Love this dress where did you find it at?  Goodness your wedding is not till 2012 and you found your BM's dress already, you're so on top of it. 

I found two outrageous necklaces for my BM's too now I need to look for the dress lol.

Love the ring as well, it makes me wanna say WOW:)

Originally Posted by sarcrook View Post

SO EXCITED!!! 

My BM dresses:

Bridesmaid Dress.jpg

..and their first piece of jewelry - this ring..I'm only gonna do this ring and earings (just have to find earings)

Just got it in the mail today - it's AMAZING!!!!  Way better in person..just PERFECT!!  woot.gifI just LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!  Can't wait to give it to my girls!! 

BM Ring.jpg

I share your frustrution too.  It seems like every coordinator abide by their own contract, one say you can do this and another says you can't.  At this point I am just going to wait until it's closer to stress b/c everyone seems to think that everything will fall into place, boy do I hope so.

Originally Posted by brookeh68 View Post

Soooo , I sent an email with questions to Lisbeth ( our 4th coordinator) about our June 18th wedding.  I got the responses back promptly but 1/2 of them were incorrect.  Our wedding contract was developed over a YEAR ago and we had requested the Gazebo at 530 pm for the wedding.  At the time ANA stated we were the only wedding and it was confirmed. Now, Lisbeth is telling me that the Gazebo is not available for that time!!  Very upsetting. 

Also, I saw on this blog the price for a cigar roller for 20 cigars is 150.00. She quoted me 300.00 for the hr!! 

I have an email  FROM HER that confirms my guests that need day passes will not be charged due to the private event.  But, on this email she quoted the 55.00/day. I do not understand how everything can vary so much from pricing to times to locations every time I am in contact with Dreams.  Had to vent! sad.gif

SharonMydung..

Ha!!  I know..right!  I've been engaged for a year and I've been SEARCHING for BM dresses and couldn't find anything I liked until I came across this one!!  It's PERFECT..I love it..and it's VERY affordable!!  It's exactly what I wanted without knowing..ya know?  Since I know I love it - I jumped on it..would hate for it to get discontinued!

It's Liz Fields, Style #362 - which I had never heard of after searching TONS of designers..I actually found her from a bride on this site - go figure!!  cheer2.gif

Thanks!!  Was the lit dance floor included in the price?  Or is it extra?

Originally Posted by rach2011 View Post

We used Edgar 2 weeks ago for our wedding and he did a good job.  If you send him a list of songs in advance he will make sure he has them.  Otherwise, he has a fairly large selection and kept the party going.  We also brought our iPod and could play off that whenever we wanted.  You should be happy with him.  The only thing I would caution you on is that if you are getting the lit dance floor, get specific dimensions.  The one we received was too small.  Good luck!