Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

I would re-check into that whole exchanging dinner's for the cocktail hour. I just emailed my wedding coordinator, Veronica, and this is exactly what she told me"

"I've heard of some other brides doing this in order to save money. Instead of having my cocktail hour can I apply that to my reception so cover the cost of the additional guests I will have? This information is incorrect, the cost of the cocktail is different than the cost of the reception,  since the packages  are fixed, we are not allowed to credit anything from the packages towards something else. "

Originally Posted by sarcrook View Post

They are..but as stated before..only for 20.  If you forgo the Cocktail Hour they will give you more dinner's - it won't be 20..but even if it's 10..that is less you have to pay for.  The way I am reading their "Customized Wedding Services" it shows the extra dinner charge for Silver or Gold $48/person and states underneath it that it includes 3 hours of bar..Platinum is $55/person...so - I'm thinking if you buy extra dinners it includes three hours of bar for that person..?? 

Additional Bar is $15/person.  I'm reading it like...if you decided to add an hour to your reception - 4 hours total - then you just pay the bar cost..$15/person. 

Not sure I'm reading it correctly though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookeAshlea View Post

PAST BRIDES With Ultimate Package>>>>>>>>>>>

Now Im stressing I thought that the Drinks were included  with the package at the reception???? Can someone please inform me.............this is crazy!!

Thanks in advance.

Wedding April 3, 2011

Sure. I just need to get these alcohal questions confirmed from Ana at DRC before my Dad wants to put a deposit down! We will be flying out of Baltimore.

Originally Posted by jbmarch2012 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkhowell View Post

HI! I am too planning a March 2012 wedding. We wanted March 9, 2012! So hopefully we will be the same weekend! And my travel agent said it a high season and that i will be barely missing the spring breakers. Just and FYI

Oh my gosh we'll definitely see your wedding then! Were you able to book  the date yet? I'm still waiting on a response from a coordinator... Can you let me know if your TA gives you a good rate, if you don't mind.

When we booked the travel agent would also book flights for our guests, but there was a separate charge to do so.  It was very easy for guests to book their own flights.  From Detroit, the best fares were from Spirit.  We booked in the summer and got around $200 roundtrip if you were a member of the $9 fare club which was a really good price.  Other guests were getting around $300 when booked later.  Some booked Delta and got just over $300.

Originally Posted by sarcrook View Post

I've heard a lot of Brides do that - have their guests book their flights.  I'm torn on which way to do it.  Do you know if they got good deals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlambert View Post

I used Kim Grammer at kim@i-travelagent.com.  She was wonderful!  She negotiates the whole contract and concessions.  My guests booked their hotel through her, and did their flights on their own.  She did a wonderful job, was very timely with responses and would call the resort directly if I was having trouble getting in touch with the coordinator.

The problem with getting anything confirmed now is that the wedding coordiantor your dealing with now may not be there by the time your getting married. I put my deposit down in September and I've gone through 4 different wedding coordinators....all of which have told me different things. And even though you have something confirmed and in writing the rules seem to change quite a bit and somethings they will not honor no matter what. I was originally quoted $1200 to reserve El Patio for a private reception. I got my 4th wedding coordinator last week and she informed me that if I still wanted a private reception at El Patio that it would be $8100...which is clearly a huge difference. I sent all my emails from the previous WC confirming the price of $1200, my fiance' spoke with the head of sales whose been there since the resort opened and at first they wouldn't do anything about it and then they offered to do it for $50.00 per person...which is still alot. Finally they offered me the pool deck for my reception which had been my first choice all along but was told by the 3 previous wedding coordinators that another wedding had already booked the deck that day. I hate to be a Debby Downer but these are somethings to think about before booking anything. All the other brides have told me not to worry and that everything will come together once we get there, so thats pretty much what i'm doing now. I've turned the wedding over to my fiance'  to handle because he's pretty mad about the whole situation at this point.

Sure. I just need to get these alcohal questions confirmed from Ana at DRC before my Dad wants to put a deposit down! We will be flying out of Baltimore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmarch2012 View Post

Quote:

HI! I am too planning a March 2012 wedding. We wanted March 9, 2012! So hopefully we will be the same weekend! And my travel agent said it a high season and that i will be barely missing the spring breakers. Just and FYI

Oh my gosh we'll definitely see your wedding then! Were you able to book  the date yet? I'm still waiting on a response from a coordinator... Can you let me know if your TA gives you a good rate, if you don't mind.

RGENT!! Hey ladies, for those of you who have been working with DJ Doremixx, please see the following email I got from him

"

"I hope this e-mail finds you doing very well, I am sending you this e-mail because I want to let you know that, yesterday I went to Dreams Riviera Cancun to talk with the General Manager to revise our agreement with Dreams Riviera Cancun, and due to the new policies from the resort we are not allowed to offer our services for this Hotel, and now they are cancelling all the DJ services that we have already booked with them.

Please contact your wedding coordinator, they told me yesterday that they will send a letter to all the brides that have our services confirmed to let them now that we are not longer working with them, now they will be using their own in house DJ company." 

This is ridiculous!!  If you have been counting on him as I have, I urge you to contact your wedding coordinator and ask them to reconsider.  I have no idea who the new DJ is, nor have I heard anything about him.  DJ Doremixx is supposed to be so great, he has the lighted dance floor, he brings cold fireworks and has fun masks and props for guests that they keep.  He isn't just some lame DJ.

I'm not a past bride, but I've been on the forum for awhile.. yes chairs are just plain white covers. I believe the resort charges $5 each? 

Originally Posted by WestBacaniWedding View Post

PAST BRIDES....my colors are turquoise and orange. I am torn about chair sashes! I kind of want turquoise ones...are the chairs too plain with just the white covers? And..does anyone how much the resort charges for the chair sashes? I realize we can get them cheap online, but I am trying to minimize suitcases. With all the OOT bags and such....I feel like I have everything except the kitchen sink!

Hola Girls,

I know these are not good news for you but I have to inform you.

Yesterday I went to Dreams Riveira Cancun to talk with the General Manager about the agreement between Dreams Riviera Cancun and Doremixx, and due to their new policies we are not allowed to work with them, also we can`t offer our services even if you want to pay the outside vendor fee, now they are cancelling all the DJ services that we have already booked trough them.

Since today they will be using their own in house DJ, please contact your WC, I am sure they will give you the best option for DJ.

I apologize for all the incoveniences with this, but we can`t get a good deal with them.

Best,