Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Originally Posted by ursula View Post

Hi Ladies, I'm interested in having a fire dancer performance at my reception.  Have any past brides done this? if so did you go thru DRC or with an outside vendor....any suggestions? 

Should I contact DRC now to lock down my DJ or just wait until they contact me? (which is usually a couple months priior to the wedding?)

and to the past May brides and future may brides....Did you/are you planning putting out pashminas at your reception?  I love the idea but im not sure if they'll be necessary in May.  i know it's always cooler at night and i will be having my reception at the pool deck which is right off the beach but im not sure how chilly it gets. 

Thanks!

For fire dancers we went thru the resort, USD 800 for 4 dancers for 20 min. They were fine, but because we were running a bit late, we had planned to have them during dessert and we were still dancing when we were told to go sit down to watch. I was kinda bummed that they were interfering with our dancing at that time! ha ha! Just as a note, depending on which company you would like, for that amount you could get 4 to 6 dancers.

We had DJ Doremixx locked down a fair bit in advance - he was fantastic! We had him for 5 hours. As he does work at other resorts, I would say book anything and everything you can with as much notice as possible.

We had pashmina's for our mid November wedding and the ladies just loved them! Good luck!

volosikj-1/15/2011

Beth Anne & Mathew 01/17/11
Steve and Amy 2/04/2011
Tara & Andy 2/10/11
rscherle- 2/19/2011
saymyname74- 3/5/2011
Brooke & Rasheed 04/03/2011
Ashley & Cole 4/7/2011
Kerry & Gary - 4/8/2011
Melissa & Michael - 4/22/11
L'Oreal & Mike 4/26/11
Dawn & Jimmy  - 4/30/2011
Leah & Jamie - 5/3/2011
Lisa & Andrew - 5/6/11
Ursula & Matt - 5/7/2011
Melissa & Nathanael 5/8/11
Winter & Steven - 5/10/2011
Leanne & Adam 5/14/2011

Lauren & Brian 05/25/2011

Colleen & Clint 7/19/11

Lindsay & Frank 7/23/11

Ivelisse & Steve 10/28/11

I leave on Monday for our wedding! We hired fire dancers through Daniel Santos Servin. We are getting 3 FIRE DANCERS AND 1 DRUMMER for  20 mins for 350.00 $ +38.50 $ (11% tax)=$388.50. They coordinated through Veronica at the hotel, and I will let you know how they perform. Here is a video they sent me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCVbZC0ZVig They gave us the best price and were very responsive.

Originally Posted by Boo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post

Hi Ladies, I'm interested in having a fire dancer performance at my reception.  Have any past brides done this? if so did you go thru DRC or with an outside vendor....any suggestions? 

Should I contact DRC now to lock down my DJ or just wait until they contact me? (which is usually a couple months priior to the wedding?)

and to the past May brides and future may brides....Did you/are you planning putting out pashminas at your reception?  I love the idea but im not sure if they'll be necessary in May.  i know it's always cooler at night and i will be having my reception at the pool deck which is right off the beach but im not sure how chilly it gets. 

Thanks!

For fire dancers we went thru the resort, USD 800 for 4 dancers for 20 min. They were fine, but because we were running a bit late, we had planned to have them during dessert and we were still dancing when we were told to go sit down to watch. I was kinda bummed that they were interfering with our dancing at that time! ha ha! Just as a note, depending on which company you would like, for that amount you could get 4 to 6 dancers.

We had DJ Doremixx locked down a fair bit in advance - he was fantastic! We had him for 5 hours. As he does work at other resorts, I would say book anything and everything you can with as much notice as possible.

We had pashmina's for our mid November wedding and the ladies just loved them! Good luck!

Hello:

Thank you for the response.  Your room 1537, did it have a plunge pool?  When did you start emailing your coordinator about all the wedding details?  I asked my TA but she hasn't given me the name of my wedding coordinator at Dreams yet b/c she said they are going through some changes. 

Thank you:)

Originally Posted by Mkandola View Post

Thank you! The pictures from our photographer were much better than the ones the resort photographer took ... I will post them as soon as I get them! 

I got the Pashmina's downtown Toronto in Chinatown. I think I ended up being able to talk the guy into giving them to us for $3.50 each and this was the cheapest I was able to find. 

We stayed in room 1537. It was a nice room and had a good view of the ocean. We did not spend much time in the room so I am glad that we didn't upgrade but it might be nice to do if you plan on getting ready in your room. I got ready in one of my bridesmaids rooms because it was closer to the gazebo ... All of the rooms are beautiful and I don't think you will be disappointed at all! 

Hi! My wedding is may 10, 2011! The humidity starts to pick up in may and the weather is hot and sticky. I do love the pashmina idea but unfortunately for us may brides its a bit to warm...even at night :( I got beach towels for my guests to put in their OOT bag. I know the hotel provides them..but I thought it'll be something they will use years after their trip that will remind them of Mexico!

I am getting married at the resort Nov 19, 2011. We just booked our room and airfare... we went with the honeymoon suite, but from what I have now read, we should have upgraded to the Master Suite? Does anyone have pics or advice on the two different room types?

Thanks

We actually booked the honeymoon suite, but were given the Preferred Master Suite as an automatic upgrade with the 3G promotion that Dreams is running right now. If you are working with a travel agent, they should be able to arrange this for you. I know there was a minimum of rooms you had to book to qualify for the upgrade, and we have 55 people coming to give you an idea.

The difference between the Honeymoon Suite and garden room is it has 1 King bed, larger, Oceanfront and has a Jacuzzi outside.
The Master Suite has  a separate bedroom, living and dining area, small kitchenette, jacuzzi outside, and is oceanfront.It is much bigger at 1267 sq ft.

Hope that helps! Can't believe we leave on Monday!!

Originally Posted by roni411 View Post

I am getting married at the resort Nov 19, 2011. We just booked our room and airfare... we went with the honeymoon suite, but from what I have now read, we should have upgraded to the Master Suite? Does anyone have pics or advice on the two different room types?

Thanks