Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

I've asked this before, but is anyone else getting married on April 22, 2011? Thats my date and I was told there was another wedding that day at 4:00 and I wanted to find the other bride to see if there were any cost we could split as far as decorations, dj, etc.

Anyone getting married the week of March 7th? My TA hasn't even asked me about what locations I want to have the wedding or reception. Do you think I should contact him and plan that? He was saying I coudln't make those arrangements until 3 months before.

Has anyone heard what the golf packages will be in 2011? My fiance wants to take his groomsman golfing.

Ashley, If I were you I would book your locations ASAP. They should really tell people that upon booking their wedding dates, but the fact of the matter is there are more than one wedding each day so if another bride books a location you want your pretty much screwed. For example, I wanted the pool deck for my reception, however another bride already had it book so my only other option was the beach, which my fiance' did not want. So now we have to pay an additional $30 per person ($1200, because you have to have at least 40 people to do this) to close down a restaurant and have a private reception. For the most part I think the beach is ususally available for reception location but the pool deck goes quickly and it cost at least $1200 to close down a restaurant.

Thanks for the info.  We are holding the date and time for 10/28.  We already sent out save the dtes.  Do you think you got a better deal waiting to book?  Also, did you have a legal ceremony and if so when did you arrive.  I was told by the WC that arriving on Monday for a Friday wedding was fine. 

Originally Posted by wisconsinbride2010 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinive View Post

Hey ladies.  I was wondering how soon did you book your stay at Dreams.  I'm getting married October 28, 2011 and I'm ready to book but i don't know if it's too early.  I'm about ready to give my TA the go on this.  Any advice.....

We got married this past October 28.  We never booked until June.  I sent our our invites in February just so everyone knew the cost and could make arrangements to get off of work.  But we only put the $500 deposit down in Oct of 2009.  We went through a travel agent and the first payment was due in June and the final payment was due in August.  Hope this helps!!

I am so freaking out!! I just saw the weather forecast for DRC and it says 60% chance rain on the day we get there (nov 27th), hi 80 low 58!!! I know it usually says 20-30% chance rain just b/c they usually have a short shower everyday but 60%??????? AHHHH rain rain go away and please let it be warm!!!!!

Hey there, we are getting married March 4th.  Not sure about the golf package but I really haven't looked into that.  I put my $500 deposite down on the wedding package but to be honest that is as far as we have got!  I feel really behind but it is kind of hard since we are not sure how many people will be coming yet.  I am hoping we will have a better idea of the head count by the end of this month.  I'm also going to try & run down to the resort in the next few wks to check it out. 

Brides that have already been married or one that are getting ready to be, Its been one headache after another trying to get a straight answer from the wedding coordinator on what my total cost is going to be for the wedding. Everytime I think I've gotten things squared away the WC quits (I'm on my third) and we're back to square one. I just wann =a make sure we're staying on budget. If you dont mind me asking, could anyone give me ballpark figure of how much they spent on there weddings and any tips on where to save money when planning. I just don't wanna get there and they tell me, ok, that'll be $10,0000. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated : )