Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Congrats! Sounds like everything did fall into place and you ended up having a great time. Seems to me though after reading there really is a huge communication problem though, as you probly sent so many detailed e-mails up until your arrival to get everything worked out.. i know I have.

Tons! and everytime i get a response saying "ok, great" So i start to think she's got it documented somewhere and will take care of it. We have a small group too, 10 people and she did say you cant have a private reception with this small of a group, and also they dont take reservations anywhere, so im worried about us wandering off after the ceremony trying to find a place to have our family dinner together and we might have to wait like 5 hours, or we wont be able to be seated all at the same table! thats not at all how i imagine it going, its an intimate group for a reason, so of course i'd like us to all be sitting together for dinner! Im so worried about this, but it sounds like they all worked it out for your group. Im just curious how your family made a reservation in the first place if they dont take reservations? Anyways, glad it worked out for you- can't wait to check out your pics.

I am about to scream, Im really starting to hate dealing with this resort! I have been in contact with Magdelena for the past 1.5 weeks, my wedding is in 3 weeks. Magdelena sent me the menu options for the Ultimate wedding package, and i dislike all of them. I asked if I was able to mix and match from the 3 menus and was told "no, that is not allowed" I then read on here that someone was able to mix and match from the carribean, mexican or BBQ menus. I havent even been shown those options. I asked about them and told there would be an extra charge. OF COURSE...

I met with the "old" Ana back in May when my fiance and I were at the resort. We were told that if we had more than 40 guests we could have one of the restuarants, now its and additional $30 pp plus tax and 15% gratuity. I cant understand the amount of inconsistencies. Did I also read on here that someone was told they had to pay for the wedding arch on the beach? Or am I just dreaming that?

I almost want to cancel the Ulitmate Package, take the free wedding, and call it a day!

thank you for the vent..

sorry

Originally Posted by somethingblue View Post

I am about to scream, Im really starting to hate dealing with this resort! I have been in contact with Magdelena for the past 1.5 weeks, my wedding is in 3 weeks. Magdelena sent me the menu options for the Ultimate wedding package, and i dislike all of them. I asked if I was able to mix and match from the 3 menus and was told "no, that is not allowed" I then read on here that someone was able to mix and match from the carribean, mexican or BBQ menus. I havent even been shown those options. I asked about them and told there would be an extra charge. OF COURSE...

I met with the "old" Ana back in May when my fiance and I were at the resort. We were told that if we had more than 40 guests we could have one of the restuarants, now its and additional $30 pp plus tax and 15% gratuity. I cant understand the amount of inconsistencies. Did I also read on here that someone was told they had to pay for the wedding arch on the beach? Or am I just dreaming that?

I almost want to cancel the Ulitmate Package, take the free wedding, and call it a day!

thank you for the vent..

sorry

Yeah we leave this Saturday and I do find that although responces are getting faster, allot of new costs are creeping up!! It almost does seem like contracts are 'fluid' and subject to change, cause really what am I going to say with 3 days to go, no to something? so I do feel dooped, but with so much stress and effort put thru the year, my moto is just to throw money at the problem and move on, ha ha! You gotta pick your battles I guess. All the best. I will def. post a review once we are back.

UGGGH, OK brides, I need your opinions.  I have gone back and forth about where to have the reception.  Originally I had the beach reserved, then Ana talked me into having it at the El Patio because it was "air-conditioned", not knowing that she had another bride who was asking for the beach and by talking me into changing venues she was able to pacify us both.  When I asked to change it back, she told me she had reserved it for another bride.  This morning I received an email from Gabriela telling me that I can have our reception in either the El Patio or beach location.  I am torn about where to have it, there are pro's and con's for both locations.  In the El Patio, you can go an hour longer and it is private, but I am not crazy about the decor.  The beach location would be a bit prettier and scenic in my opinion.  For any brides who have already been married there or who has any suggestions on this, please give me guidance!! Thanks

Originally Posted by somethingblue View Post

thank you for the vent..

sorry

I really dont understand, shouldnt there be a set of rules for what they charge for and what they dont??  i keep hearing about all of these extra charges and things promised and then taken back.  I was really hoping to do the mix of the 3 buffets since I also read on here a few times of brides doing that and now thats not allowed???  and i bet once you get there they will change the story again and say yes but why cant they just do that now!  Good Luck, i hope everything works out when you get there!

Originally Posted by amlambert View Post

UGGGH, OK brides, I need your opinions.  I have gone back and forth about where to have the reception.  Originally I had the beach reserved, then Ana talked me into having it at the El Patio because it was "air-conditioned", not knowing that she had another bride who was asking for the beach and by talking me into changing venues she was able to pacify us both.  When I asked to change it back, she told me she had reserved it for another bride.  This morning I received an email from Gabriela telling me that I can have our reception in either the El Patio or beach location.  I am torn about where to have it, there are pro's and con's for both locations.  In the El Patio, you can go an hour longer and it is private, but I am not crazy about the decor.  The beach location would be a bit prettier and scenic in my opinion.  For any brides who have already been married there or who has any suggestions on this, please give me guidance!! Thanks

You can go an hour longer on El Patio?  do you still have to pay pp to extend it?  how long can your reception be in el patio and how long does it have to be outside on the beach or pool deck (which is what i have reserved)?   I didnt even know El Patio was an option.   Im not sure about the weather there right now but is your reception going to be later, around sunset? then i might stick with the beach since it will be cooler at that time and you might not really need the air conditioner.  I think if you originally wanted the beach and you can have it now then go for it!

Do you have an pics of el patio set up for a reception?

Hey!  We had our reception in El Patio (it started raining - so they moved it there to be safe)  and we were SO happy that we had it there in the end.  We had 40 people and it was so private and intimate.  We partied and danced all night long.  It was like our own restaurant, then our own night club.  It was so so perfect.  I mean yeh-- my starfish namecards did not go that well with the Mexican decor but who cares-- I didn't!  They (Gaby and team) transformed the room and got my flowers and seating charts together in no time and had everything set up (food, decor, DJ, etc) perfectly.  It was smaller and more intimate than the pool deck, where we would have had random spectators.  We would not have had it any other way.

Originally Posted by amlambert View Post

Hi Ladies, anyone who has had or will have a legal ceremony at Dreams do you have or know what the ceremony script is?  and how long the ceremony is?  and I think I read before that you cant really change the script because it's a legal ceremony but are you able to add elements? 

And has anyone used firedancers for their reception?  Can we use an outside vendor for this b/c I think I read on here before that Dreams prices are a bit hight for this.