Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Beachykeen,

We have a group of 35 going and we were thinking about doing the rehearsal dinner at portifino. Do you think our group would fit in there comfortably?

Also anyone else who has been there your input is appreciated!!

Hopefully you've got the worst behind you and they'll try extra hard to make it up to you now. Glad you finally got the room you wanted :)

Enjoy your wedding celebrations!!!!

Originally Posted by pbjwed View Post

HI LADIES!  Im here in Mexico and we arrived yesterday!  Sorry I havent been on so I am not up to date but wanted to post and tell u all  I will give a full report after the wedding!  Its 530 am and I cant sleep! Just listening to the waves crash..  our room is AMAZING!!!  1502   WOW !  BOO  i will meet you somewhere to give you all my wedding stuff I have left..  No money just maybe keep passing the stuff to ther brides so they dont have to bring to mexico.. I do want my friend Amy to use my stuff in Feb.. ..  (I will leave you instructions so if you leave the pink and orange parsols for other girls.. just in the end tell them to  leave for her!

hi ladies..  my hub went fishing and I am off to the spa..  a few things.. remember to confirm your romantic dinner with them at CHECK IN!  we didnt think we had to confirm and they didnt ask us.. so the day of the dinner (yesterday) which was our 2 anniversary from the day we met....  they said sorry we tried to call you and since you didnt confirm we cant  have it ready.. it wasnt even 4 pm and the dinner was at 8.

I said if you tried to reach me  I WAS IN THE BUSINESS CENTER  from 10 am to 3pm meeting with the wedding planner, production co, video, photo, and dj!  I couldnt believe it! yet another screw up..  when we got back tot he room they had a note with champagne saying sorry for the confusion wih rose petals on the bed. ( i think the hub asked for that) but it was cute...

FYI whoever is using DJ DOREMIXX you do NOT have to download your playlist!~  Dont do it..  I read a blog on here and downloaded every song from I TUNES..  spent hundreds of dollars for nothing...

He actually met with us and went over my list and said we are all set. he cant use ours from i pod because then he cant mix songs..  so I dont advise. he can use only if you want him to play directly from i pod. I even made playlists for every single important song.. ie

cake cuting

garter and bouquet toss..

father daughter dance..

dinner songs..

dance songs..

Make sure you give him a list though.... he was GREAT!

and Anita from Deco cancun cant be any sweeter!

Maria went over the entire wedding and we worked out the errors quickly.  make sure you all brings lists to discuss what you want to go over!  This is VERY important...

I do say they all try to accomadate but things that Ana promised should have never been promised ..

like rehearsal dinner..  they didnt want to sit my wedding party together for the rehearsal dinner.  I was REALLY mad considering I had 20 emails saying this was confirmed.  Walter the FB manager after everything was very nice but I did have to argue with them. The are closing Portofino Wed night....

good luck ladies and i saw another bride yesterday and she was gorgeous..  looked like they had a great time!!!!!!!!!!   2 more days till my BIG day and I am getting super excited..  I will update you soon!!!!!!!!!

congrats to all the Brides that just got married!!! xoxoxoxo

Hey girls! Sorry for the late review but I just got my AHR done and man am I tired! LOL! Ok,so here goes. I'm sure I will leave some stuff out but I will try to tell ya all the good juicy stuff!  We had our wedding October 26th at Dreams Riviera. We arrived October 24th.

Check in was amazing for us. We walked in and were taken to the Premiere check in upon arrival. They served us with drinks of our choice and checked us in promptly. We had booked the Honeymoon Suite but were upgraded to the Master Suite for our whole stay there and OMG it was amazing! Room 1500...it had the most amazing view and was just beautiful! We planned all our honeymoon package stuff with the lady at check in and made dates and times for everything with no problem. We were then taken to our beautiful room and went and met with everyone at the Seaside Grill to eat. Only two of our guest had to wait for their rooms but they were ready after we ate and everyone was amazed with the resort. It is truly beautiful and breathtaking and we got a million compliments for choosing the place!

I met with Ana on October 25th and we discussed everything for the wedding. I had the free package and only 14 guests so we didn't have too much to talk about. But word of warning...don't take "Ok, Perfect" as an answer! She said that to everything I told her and when it came down to wedding time she had no clue how things were to go. Thank goodness for my great aunt who went down there and told her how to set things up. I had brought my own chair bows, material for the chuppah, programs fans, petal cones, sand ceremony frame, and script. I just gave them to Ana the day before in a suitcase and she had the bellman come up to the room and get my dress, veil, and groom's suit for pressing. They gave my groom his own room the night before and it was just a regular room. We were planning on doing a rehearsal dinner this night but ended up doing the Playa-del-Carmen shopping tour instead. It was fun to get out and check out the city and we got some great buys on some items. I originally wanted to go to Walmart for the flowers but after talking to the cab and hearing that it was going to be $80 just for me and my fiancé to go there and back, we just got some rose petal bags from Ana.

Wedding Day: My family all met at the World Cafe for breakfast and everyone there knew it was my wedding day and were so nice and served us champagne and pineapple juice (which is amazing! We even incorporated it into our AHR when we returned) One of the waiters even made me a cute cricket out of grass for good luck! :) Then, me and my sis went to the spa at 10. She got an hour massage and I got a Tropical Body Wrap. It was amazing and relaxing but in the hut it kind of sounds like it's raining and I was laying there the whole time stressing out thinking it was raining outside only to realize afterwards that it was part of the music they played. LOL! I then went to my suite and began to get ready. My BFF is a hairstylist so she did hair and makeup and I had all the girls meet me in my room at 3. My dress was delivered at 2:45 and my flowers were delivered at 3:30. My bouquet was AMAZING! It was so beautiful! My groom had a dozen roses delivered around 3 to me which was a great surprise and so sweet! We had Claudia Rodriguez as our photographer and she called at 2:50 saying that Ana didn't have her on the list so she couldn't get in. (again, bad communication) So, Ana took care of it and she was at my room around 3:10. Tropical Storm Richard was suppose to hit the day I got married and I prayed that it would pass. We hadn't had rain all day and then it started to lightly sprinkle. Ana came and asked if I wanted to move the wedding to the balcony because she said it would rain it out. But, it was so clear outside and the dark clouds were all behind us. I was stressing but Claudia said I should go for it and all my girls said if it started to rain, we would just dance in the rain and celebrate so I said let's do it! :) Ana didn't even start setting up the ceremony till 3:40 and we were suppose to start at 4. We ended up starting around 4:30'ish. We rented the sound system and I brought my Ipod with music. The tech did an amazing job at starting and fading out the songs...it was great. It was very windy that day so the minister had a hard time with her paper that she was reading...it kept flying up and she would have to stop the ceremony to readjust it. So, I would recommend printing your script out on something she could flip or somehow that the wind won't blow it around. She began the ceremony and it wasn't my script! I whispered to my groom but decided to let her keep going. About half way thru, Ana ran up with my script and told her to use it. She began to read it from the beginning! During one of the breaks, I told her to just keep on with her script because it would last too long if she re-did mine. (I felt like we were up there forever!) She said ok and only read the sand portion from my script. I was kinda upset about this because I was so excited about my script and it involved the audience and my parents but oh well...the show must go on. Oh, and we had some people from the beach who wanted to watch the wedding and this one lady in her bikini stood right between me and my groom behind us so Claudia had to run her off! LOL! People just don't realize they will be in your wedding pics! The wedding ended and we had our champagne and pineapple juice. Claudia took some AMAZING pics and I can't wait to receive them! She kept telling us we were blessed because we had a great wind that made my dress and veil flow and there were beautiful clouds in the sky and an amazing sunset!

After the wedding....my family had set up a reservation at Himitsu for 8pm but when we arrived they said they didn't take reservations. So, my cousin went and talked to the manager of the concierge and he apologized and opened up the wine cellar for us free of charge. They allowed us to order from any of the restaurants that were open and we did but service took forever because they had to pull a server from the French restaurant and he wasn't familiar with the Himitsu or Portofino menu so we didn't get all that we had ordered and by the time it all came out, we just ate whatever was handed us and didn't complain. Our cake was to be delivered to the cellar but it wasn't and they took forever trying to find it so I told them just to forget it and let's go. We got in the wine room at 9 and didn't leave till 12...we had planned to party it up but I was so tired and had a headache that me and the hubby just went back to the room to relax.

They ended up delivering our cake the next day while we were at the beach. We came up to see a beautiful cake covered in ants because they had just left it sitting out and somehow the ants crawled all the way to the top floor and found my cake! It was a pretty cake and Iâ€m sure the ants really enjoyed it. LOL! We called maintenance and they cleaned everything up.

Once the wedding was over, I got to relax a little more and actually enjoy my honeymoon. Overall it was a great experience. I was upset about the ceremony script but when it was all said and done, no one really noticed. There is a lack of communication with the wedding coordinator. I'm so thankful that my aunt was there to oversee everything and get things set up the way I wanted them. Another word of advise...I purchased a TON of rose petals because I wanted the walkway covered before I walked down. Well, they waited till right before me and my dad walked down and scattered them out but the wind was blowing so hard that it blew almost all the petals away. So, if you know it's going to be a windy day...just save your money!

I would advise setting up all your honeymoon package has to offer when you get there. The spa day with my hubby was amazing and the romantic dinner on the beach was great (but a little windy). We also got breakfast in bed and champagne and rose petals on several nights! What little things that did mess up, dreams really tried their hardest to fix! I love the resort and we are all planning a return trip next October. It will be so less stressful now that the wedding is behind me! I had a small group and dreams treated me like royalty.

Here is a link to my facebook page with some family shots that we got. As soon as I get pics from Claudia I will share them.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2065850&id=1515431708&l=970cfb8ec1

Hope this helps some brides out! Please donâ€t stress too much...it really all falls in place once you arrive and your guest will be so happy just to be in cancun they wonâ€t realize any mistakes or bumps in the road! Overall everyone had an amazing time...my wedding was exactly what I wanted...and I have memories that will last a lifetime! Enjoy getting married at Dreams Riviera and good luck to everyone! J

So glad you had a great time!  I was hoping that we would run into each other-- as I got married Oct 24..but no such luck... I want to go back and do it all over again.  I stressed so so much leading up to it and everything went absolutely perfect.  I am at work right now and they don't allow us access to facebook- but I can't wait to see your pics :)

Originally Posted by reaganlane View Post

Hey girls! Sorry for the late review but I just got my AHR done and man am I tired! LOL! Ok,so here goes. I'm sure I will leave some stuff out but I will try to tell ya all the good juicy stuff!  We had our wedding October 26th at Dreams Riviera. We arrived October 24th.

Check in was amazing for us. We walked in and were taken to the Premiere check in upon arrival. They served us with drinks of our choice and checked us in promptly. We had booked the Honeymoon Suite but were upgraded to the Master Suite for our whole stay there and OMG it was amazing! Room 1500...it had the most amazing view and was just beautiful! We planned all our honeymoon package stuff with the lady at check in and made dates and times for everything with no problem. We were then taken to our beautiful room and went and met with everyone at the Seaside Grill to eat. Only two of our guest had to wait for their rooms but they were ready after we ate and everyone was amazed with the resort. It is truly beautiful and breathtaking and we got a million compliments for choosing the place!

I met with Ana on October 25th and we discussed everything for the wedding. I had the free package and only 14 guests so we didn't have too much to talk about. But word of warning...don't take "Ok, Perfect" as an answer! She said that to everything I told her and when it came down to wedding time she had no clue how things were to go. Thank goodness for my great aunt who went down there and told her how to set things up. I had brought my own chair bows, material for the chuppah, programs fans, petal cones, sand ceremony frame, and script. I just gave them to Ana the day before in a suitcase and she had the bellman come up to the room and get my dress, veil, and groom's suit for pressing. They gave my groom his own room the night before and it was just a regular room. We were planning on doing a rehearsal dinner this night but ended up doing the Playa-del-Carmen shopping tour instead. It was fun to get out and check out the city and we got some great buys on some items. I originally wanted to go to Walmart for the flowers but after talking to the cab and hearing that it was going to be $80 just for me and my fiancé to go there and back, we just got some rose petal bags from Ana.

Wedding Day: My family all met at the World Cafe for breakfast and everyone there knew it was my wedding day and were so nice and served us champagne and pineapple juice (which is amazing! We even incorporated it into our AHR when we returned) One of the waiters even made me a cute cricket out of grass for good luck! :) Then, me and my sis went to the spa at 10. She got an hour massage and I got a Tropical Body Wrap. It was amazing and relaxing but in the hut it kind of sounds like it's raining and I was laying there the whole time stressing out thinking it was raining outside only to realize afterwards that it was part of the music they played. LOL! I then went to my suite and began to get ready. My BFF is a hairstylist so she did hair and makeup and I had all the girls meet me in my room at 3. My dress was delivered at 2:45 and my flowers were delivered at 3:30. My bouquet was AMAZING! It was so beautiful! My groom had a dozen roses delivered around 3 to me which was a great surprise and so sweet! We had Claudia Rodriguez as our photographer and she called at 2:50 saying that Ana didn't have her on the list so she couldn't get in. (again, bad communication) So, Ana took care of it and she was at my room around 3:10. Tropical Storm Richard was suppose to hit the day I got married and I prayed that it would pass. We hadn't had rain all day and then it started to lightly sprinkle. Ana came and asked if I wanted to move the wedding to the balcony because she said it would rain it out. But, it was so clear outside and the dark clouds were all behind us. I was stressing but Claudia said I should go for it and all my girls said if it started to rain, we would just dance in the rain and celebrate so I said let's do it! :) Ana didn't even start setting up the ceremony till 3:40 and we were suppose to start at 4. We ended up starting around 4:30'ish. We rented the sound system and I brought my Ipod with music. The tech did an amazing job at starting and fading out the songs...it was great. It was very windy that day so the minister had a hard time with her paper that she was reading...it kept flying up and she would have to stop the ceremony to readjust it. So, I would recommend printing your script out on something she could flip or somehow that the wind won't blow it around. She began the ceremony and it wasn't my script! I whispered to my groom but decided to let her keep going. About half way thru, Ana ran up with my script and told her to use it. She began to read it from the beginning! During one of the breaks, I told her to just keep on with her script because it would last too long if she re-did mine. (I felt like we were up there forever!) She said ok and only read the sand portion from my script. I was kinda upset about this because I was so excited about my script and it involved the audience and my parents but oh well...the show must go on. Oh, and we had some people from the beach who wanted to watch the wedding and this one lady in her bikini stood right between me and my groom behind us so Claudia had to run her off! LOL! People just don't realize they will be in your wedding pics! The wedding ended and we had our champagne and pineapple juice. Claudia took some AMAZING pics and I can't wait to receive them! She kept telling us we were blessed because we had a great wind that made my dress and veil flow and there were beautiful clouds in the sky and an amazing sunset!

After the wedding....my family had set up a reservation at Himitsu for 8pm but when we arrived they said they didn't take reservations. So, my cousin went and talked to the manager of the concierge and he apologized and opened up the wine cellar for us free of charge. They allowed us to order from any of the restaurants that were open and we did but service took forever because they had to pull a server from the French restaurant and he wasn't familiar with the Himitsu or Portofino menu so we didn't get all that we had ordered and by the time it all came out, we just ate whatever was handed us and didn't complain. Our cake was to be delivered to the cellar but it wasn't and they took forever trying to find it so I told them just to forget it and let's go. We got in the wine room at 9 and didn't leave till 12...we had planned to party it up but I was so tired and had a headache that me and the hubby just went back to the room to relax.

They ended up delivering our cake the next day while we were at the beach. We came up to see a beautiful cake covered in ants because they had just left it sitting out and somehow the ants crawled all the way to the top floor and found my cake! It was a pretty cake and Iâ€m sure the ants really enjoyed it. LOL! We called maintenance and they cleaned everything up.

Once the wedding was over, I got to relax a little more and actually enjoy my honeymoon. Overall it was a great experience. I was upset about the ceremony script but when it was all said and done, no one really noticed. There is a lack of communication with the wedding coordinator. I'm so thankful that my aunt was there to oversee everything and get things set up the way I wanted them. Another word of advise...I purchased a TON of rose petals because I wanted the walkway covered before I walked down. Well, they waited till right before me and my dad walked down and scattered them out but the wind was blowing so hard that it blew almost all the petals away. So, if you know it's going to be a windy day...just save your money!

I would advise setting up all your honeymoon package has to offer when you get there. The spa day with my hubby was amazing and the romantic dinner on the beach was great (but a little windy). We also got breakfast in bed and champagne and rose petals on several nights! What little things that did mess up, dreams really tried their hardest to fix! I love the resort and we are all planning a return trip next October. It will be so less stressful now that the wedding is behind me! I had a small group and dreams treated me like royalty.

Here is a link to my facebook page with some family shots that we got. As soon as I get pics from Claudia I will share them.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2065850&id=1515431708&l=970cfb8ec1

Hope this helps some brides out! Please donâ€t stress too much...it really all falls in place once you arrive and your guest will be so happy just to be in cancun they wonâ€t realize any mistakes or bumps in the road! Overall everyone had an amazing time...my wedding was exactly what I wanted...and I have memories that will last a lifetime! Enjoy getting married at Dreams Riviera and good luck to everyone! J

We had a group of 25 and there was plenty of extra room in there... you will be perfect in Portofino!!  And the food for our rehearsal dinner was amazing.    I selected things that I thought a lot of people would like, so I went with:

1. Insalata di Rucola e Parmigiano 2.Lasagna ai Quattro Formaggi 3. Pollo Ripieno di Spinaci e Mascarpon

Everyone loved it.

Hope you have a GREAT time :)

Originally Posted by t1219 View Post

Beachykeen,

We have a group of 35 going and we were thinking about doing the rehearsal dinner at portifino. Do you think our group would fit in there comfortably?

Also anyone else who has been there your input is appreciated!!