Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Originally Posted by t1219 View Post

How much extra is the dance floor? What size is it?

The price depends on how many people will be attendig your event, the regular price now is $700 US for the Light up Dance floor and the standard size is 3 meters and 75 centimeters each side.

14.06 square meters. and this size fits till 40 maximum 60 ppl.

Best,

Haven't posted too much on this thread.  Finally got a date set and confirmed - July 6, 2011.  Excited!! Total group size about 18 ppl.  So small event which is what we wanted. I have been reading the threads for a while now and so many great ideas.  I will probably have questions.  I am going to keep it pretty low-key. Trying to save as much money as possible.  We have our ceremony site as the beach and reception on the pool deck.  Just curious if anyone has any information regarding gazebo size for fabric (length of fabric) to decorate as well as size of chair sashes for ceremony and reception. It appears that bringing this with me would be the cheapest way to go. I also read about bringing my own bose sound system. If i bring my own do i have to have one of my guests run the sound system? Just trying to make some early decisions :). I'm sure I will have MANY more questions! You can either email me or post the responses on the thread.  Also, if anyone has links to their pictures taken by the resort photographer I would love them.  The photography is probably the most important thing to me but I don't want to spend the extra money on an outside photographer because I will probably hire one for my reception once we get back! Thanks again!!!!

Hello,

Did you book DJ Doremixx through the hotel WC or through him directly?  I'm wondering what the fee is to bring in an outside vendor, as based on your review, they are not allowed.  When I started making plans for my wedding last January/February (for this December) I was told outside vendors were not allowed in at all.  I guess there is a fee attached to having him come in?

Yep, civil ceremony for us too. :)

I have no idea how many people will rsvp but since we're inviting 160 (I know, I know...), I'm thinking a little under half will make it. I hope it's not MORE than 70! :)

And yes, we're planning on using engagement photos for a save the date (assuming they come out well). We bought some colorful sombreros and want to do something funny. I'll post them on here once we make them. 

I'll for sure report back about our site visit next month. I'll take lots of pictures!!

Originally Posted by latinive View Post

Yes, we are planning on flying down on Monday the 24th and wedding on the 28th.  We are doing the civil ceremony, what are you planning to do.  Wow, you have 70ppl going.  It's just going to be about 20 for us.  I requested ceremony on the beach and reception on the pool deck. Are you using your engagement pictures for your save the dates.  We decided on boarding passes.  Hopefully they will arrive by next month.  Please let me know how your visit goes. 

Originally Posted by DeaChris11 View Post

Haven't posted too much on this thread.  Finally got a date set and confirmed - July 6, 2011.  Excited!! Total group size about 18 ppl.  So small event which is what we wanted. I have been reading the threads for a while now and so many great ideas.  I will probably have questions.  I am going to keep it pretty low-key. Trying to save as much money as possible.  We have our ceremony site as the beach and reception on the pool deck.  Just curious if anyone has any information regarding gazebo size for fabric (length of fabric) to decorate as well as size of chair sashes for ceremony and reception. It appears that bringing this with me would be the cheapest way to go. I also read about bringing my own bose sound system. If i bring my own do i have to have one of my guests run the sound system? Just trying to make some early decisions :). I'm sure I will have MANY more questions! You can either email me or post the responses on the thread.  Also, if anyone has links to their pictures taken by the resort photographer I would love them.  The photography is probably the most important thing to me but I don't want to spend the extra money on an outside photographer because I will probably hire one for my reception once we get back! Thanks again!!!!

DeaChris11:

I´m getting married in May 2011 in Cancun and  I want you to check out my gazebo! JARDIN.jpg

Okay November brides, question for you. What time are you getting married? My wedding is set for 4pm and I am worried about sunlight. The sun sets around 5pm and I have heard many of the ceremonies start late. Is anyone else in the same boat? If it gets dark what will they do for light? Also what about pictures? Are you doing pics before the wedding? I would rather wait until after! 

we are getting married November 19th at 2 pm, I was hoping for 3, but there was already another wedding scheduled for 4 pm (our wedding is offsite) and they wouldnt budge. I have heard of some ladies doing first look pictures before just to be sure, but then also at 4 pm you will have gorgeous pictures too with the softer light for your ceremony!! good luck and we are almost there!!

Ana has told me that the correct size for the chair sashes is 50" long.  However, this seems a little short to me.  I have decided that I will just cut the sashes when I get there, and will make sure I have plenty of extra tulle.

Any brides that have already gotten married --- do you know what length you used?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by DeaChris11 View Post