Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddemayo View Post
Can someone please help me!!! I am trying to understand the contract for the Dreams Ultimate Wedding Package. So 20 people are included in the package....and you pay $2760 for this package. Now according to the contract any additional guests for cocktail hour is $ 26 usd + 10 % + 15 % per person which is about $33.00 and for the reception its $ 48 USD + 15 % + 10 % per person which is about $61.00 per person. SO thatâ€s a TOTAL OF $94.00 per person!!! And that doesn't even included the additional bottles of Champagne which is $ 38 usd + 15% service +10% tax per bottle!!! Now am I reading this wrong or is it really $94 a per person for any additional guest over the 20 included?!?! There is such a language barrier, lack of response and I have a hard time getting straight answers. If it is it is, but I just want to try and understand. And I will definitely be negotiating for we have 95 people already booked with another 15-20 still anticipated to book. And wedding is November 13, 2010. ANYONE WHO KNOWS PLEASE JUST LET ME KNOW.......MUCH APPRECIATE!!! :-)
Yes - I think you are understanding correctly. It's about $100 extra per person for the food and alcohol beyond the 20pp included in the Ultimate package. We are also expecting a large group - but I'm hoping no more than around 90pp max - otherwise we are in trouble! Time will tell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisseddreams View Post
WE HAVE A WEDDING DATE!!
My TA got verbal confirmation that we have May 6th 2011 booked.. YAY!! Now to get the contract to put my mind at ease :)
Congrats! We got married on 5/7 this year and the weather was absolutely PERFECT!!! We were also happy that the resort was not at full capacity and did not seem overly crowded. I believe this is because it was right after spring break. So good choice on your wedding date!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
Congrats! We got married on 5/7 this year and the weather was absolutely PERFECT!!! We were also happy that the resort was not at full capacity and did not seem overly crowded. I believe this is because it was right after spring break. So good choice on your wedding date!

sunkisseddreams - It just dawned on me that I may be there during your wedding too. We get those 2 or 3 nights free on our anniversary. So we are hoping to take advantage of that next year. I can't wait! The resort is gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post
Hi Ladies, Has the DRC 2011 Wedding package prices come out yet? Does anyone have a copy? Thanks!
Hi Ursula I got this from Ana recently

"Hola Kerry,

I am attaching the prices for 2011, and the prices for extras will be the same as 2010.

Best regards

Ana Maria Cruz "

We did the ATV excursion through cancun-discounts.com and had a blast. They pick you up, ride avts to cenotes (2 different ones) lunch (YUUUMMMM) and then snorkeling. Then return you back to Dreams. It was a fun filled day with 15 people from our group. It was $104 PP riding single. It covered a bit of everything. Very nice and accomadating company.

Then we did the dolfin swim through Dreams. Good but pricey.

The younger ones were suppose to do the bar crawl, but after talking to locals on our ATV trip, we decided a safety issue was there. They did not recommend it at the time we were there 6-10. We took their advice and stayed at the resort.

I am bringing down out of town bags for my guests...does anyone know if there is anything in particular we have to do to get all the stuff down there? I think I remember someone saying that we need rexceipts. I know going through customs can be a pain and I really do not want anything taken away. That would be very upsetting!!!!

After Ana taking 3 months to tell me the pool terrace was taken i'm not taking any chances this time. I emailed her my next choice and asked her to confirm this is ok, its been a week and a half so sent her a chaser.

I will be seriously pee'd off if she comes back in 3 months and says this is also taken!!!

ARGH!