Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

What kind of rooms is everyone booking?? I dont even see an option for a honeymoon suite..anyone have a pricing on it? I cant decide between a plunge pool or a jacuzzi...when i look at the jacuzzi it looks like there is no wall between rooms so doesnt seem to private...same with plunge pool but alteast plunge pool isnt an intimate as a jacuzzihuh.gif whats everyone else doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj42781 View Post
Did you have to pay extra for the group dinner? or did ya all just show up at same time?[

QUOTE=cindyshininger;1354250]We had our welcome dinner at El Patio with 15 people. It was a blast. We just got there when they opened and we had one big table. They let us order whatever we wanted and then they brought lots of appetizers and different drinks. It worked out fine and we worried like crazy before we left.

Quote:
What kind of rooms is everyone booking?? I dont even see an option for a honeymoon suite..anyone have a pricing on it? I cant decide between a plunge pool or a jacuzzi...when i look at the jacuzzi it looks like there is no wall between rooms so doesnt seem to private...same with plunge pool but alteast plunge pool isnt an intimate as a jacuzzihuh.gif whats everyone else doing

I was just looking at the date you are getting married... my wedding was Feb 26th and some of our guests had plunge pools and the water was FREEZING!! We had the Preferred Club room with the balcony jacuzzi and we used it a few times! If you can get a room on an end, there is only one room bordering yours and the jacuzzi is on the opposite side. We had this and our room number was 2304.

Quote:

I booked a plunge pool room...but I hear there is no privacy at all. Oh well..lol. It seemed pointless to soend all that extra money for a honemoon suite. We still have a beatiful room with an ocean view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeydiBug View Post
Hi. Thanks for the info. above. What happens when you book through a TA for a certain price. Then find out later that hotels.com is offering much cheaper rates for you hotel. Will travel agencies "match" the lower price?
Thanks.
It really depends on the TA and the supplier that they booked you through and if you did a group rate or not. Some suppliers will allow us to re-book guests at the lower rate, without a charge, but other suppliers will charge to re-book, so sometimes it's not worth it. Be sure when you are comparing prices on a different site that you are using the exact same dates, the exact same room, and that you go through the site until the end when they may add additional costs, like taxes and fees. And if transfers were included in your price from your TA, make sure that's included too. You just want to make sure that you're comparing apples to apples. And then I would ask your TA about matching the rates and he/she will be able to give you a definite answer if it's something they can do and if it's worth it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxmysockz View Post
Meh, same thing happened to me I booked in January of this year thought i'd wait until at least a year to go before asking for any details etc. Requested the pool deck in April and now 3 months later she replies saying its taken...

fryingpan.gif

Shows that sometimes you try to be considerate to other brides and not take Ana's time but then you could loose out. Wonder what location etc I would be left with if I didnt read this forum and know to request it beforehand!
While I think it's important to let Ana now right away where you want to have your reception, ceremony and cocktail hour, I've heard that the first choice of location goes to the larger wedding on that day. I don't know if they've changed this because I think that's unfair, but you may want to ask Ana about this.

Also, for future brides, if you have your heart set on a particular location, I would probably choose a less popular day of the week for your wedding, like monday, tuesday, or wednesday, because it will be less likely that there are other weddings the same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkimadril View Post
I've heard these coupons mentioned before. Do you get these just for having your wedding there or is this because of something else? Anyone know?
they are usually a promotion that they offer at different times of the year and as someone else mentioned, they are sort of like discount coupons, you don't really get anything for free, but if you are going to go to the spa for any treatments or want to order an expensive bottle of wine, do dinner on the beach, etc... you can use them towards these items to save some money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethAnne View Post
Ok- I need to vent. This whole communication business with Ana is NOT going well and im very frustrated. I have a small group of around 12 and i was told we could have our dinner in the wine room after our ceremony if we spent 60$ minumum in upgraded wine. I thought, sure! its beautfiul and were only out 60 bucks on good wine to have a nice reception without paying extra per person. This is exactly what her email said. Today i get an e-mail stating "oh beth anne, just want to make sure you understand that its 60$ minimun per couple, and it goes according to how many guests you have- example if you have 10 guests.. you would have to spend at least 300$ minimum on upgraded wine to use the room" This is BOGUS!! I'm so mad. I just feel like something is doomed to fail in the end because the communication is so crappy. Of course because of small group we can have it in one of the restaraunts (semi-private) for no extra charge, but its not a guarantee, and we wont know this info till the day we arrive in cancun. talk about stressing for the next 6 months?? geez. =(
I think someone else already mentioned this, but if you don't want to pay for a private reception, why not just show up at one of the restaurants and ask for a table for 10, we did that several times during our wedding, one day for breakfast, I think we had 15 people, 2 other times for dinner there was 10-15 of us, I think. Dinner I think we may have had to wait a few minutes, but breakfast we got right in.

Quote:

We are getting the preferred ocean view room. Our travel agent told us that we will most likely get an upgrade. We have 42 people coming so we will get two rooms upgraded. I wanted something a little more extra then just the basic room, but I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money on it either.

Hi ladies. Starting to get a little stressed out about the communication thing as well. I emailed Ana a month and a half ago and still have not gotten a response. I thought the closer you got to your wedding, the quicker she would be responding? I'm going to try calling her today, but I wanted to reserve the wine room and now I'm not so sure. You have to buy at least $40 in upgraded wine per couple? I don't want to bother with the wine room if it's going to cost $300 or $400 - still seems ridiculous to me for an all-inclusive resort and I doubt everyone would want to drink all that wine anyway.

I'm trying to be calm but my wedding is in two months. I know destination weddings are different and hopefully everything will be worked out once we get there, but it's hard.

Hi ladies. My fiance and I are are VERY close to booking at DRC, but just have a couple of reservations we were hoping could be cleared up by anyone that has already been there...

what was the nightlife like? we have about 50 guests coming along with us and we were a little worried about the fact that DRC doesn't have shows at night like other AI resorts. For those of you that have already been there, what did your guests do in the evening? Was the lobby bar enough to keep everyone entertained?

Thanks!