Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethAnne View Post
Ladies..just want to warn you that this could be deceptive with the kids being free... we have one child age 6 in our small group and when talking to travel agent she stated she spoke with the resort and they say kids are only free if you have more than 2 kids traveling. This discount doesnt apply if its one child. =( The 6 year old will be costing over 900$ for 4 nights. =(
Did you get this information directly from the resort. We have a bunch of kids going and they were still quoting us CDN$1100.00 per child :-s I though kids under 12 stayed free! Thanks :-)

We had our welcome dinner at El Patio with 15 people. It was a blast. We just got there when they opened and we had one big table. They let us order whatever we wanted and then they brought lots of appetizers and different drinks. It worked out fine and we worried like crazy before we left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsRobart View Post
Did you get this information directly from the resort. We have a bunch of kids going and they were still quoting us CDN$1100.00 per child :-s I though kids under 12 stayed free! Thanks :-)
The kids are free thing is a promo that is not always offered, it does depend on the time of year you are travelling.

As for your quote though, I am assuming that you are talking about a package price through one of the Canadian tour operators (though I shouldn't totally assume since I'm Canadian also, and we're not using an air/hotel package). The kids are free deal, if it applies, only applies to the hotel portion of the trip. So with a tour operator, their package will be less than adults but not free because it includes airfare.

Thanks =)

thank god its not just me! Hopefully when we get there the beauty and relaxation of it all will outweigh all the negatives right now. Heres hoping!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianaPhil61711 View Post
I've been having the same problem BethAnne! I ended up paying $40 to UPS the charge authorization and copies of the credit card and ID because their fax maching was offline for over a week. The package was recieved there, now I keep checking my cc to see if there is a charge from them and nothing yet!

As easy as a destination wedding is supposed to be....this has been an extremely frustrating process. I started trying to lock in my date and get my deposit in the first week of April. It's now over 3 months later. I hope it will get be smooth sailing after this deposit gets taken care of. Good Luck BethAnne...I'm right there with you!fryingpan.gif

Yeah- thanks alot.

I'm not sure what state of mind i'd be in if it wasn't for this website. I've already gotten so much helpful advice. I'll just keep logging on and checking everyday, and maybe by the time we get on the plane we'll be so informed and prepared that nothing can go wrong! =)

Yeah- i guess the travel agent called the resort directly and stated "your website does say kids under 12 are free" and they told her "yes mam, but it only applies with a minimum of 2 kids traveling" So, false information I guess. They gotta find a way to get your money ya know! =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyshininger View Post
We had our welcome dinner at El Patio with 15 people. It was a blast. We just got there when they opened and we had one big table. They let us order whatever we wanted and then they brought lots of appetizers and different drinks. It worked out fine and we worried like crazy before we left.
this sounds like such a great idea. you all just showed up, so you didn't have to pay extra right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleenandclint View Post
this sounds like such a great idea. you all just showed up, so you didn't have to pay extra right?
I am going to have a welcome dinner at El Patio too. We are either going to just all show up or when I get to mexico I am going to call the manager of the restaurant. I hear thats how many people organized this. But it does not cost extra.

Did you have to pay extra for the group dinner? or did ya all just show up at same time?[

QUOTE=cindyshininger;1354250]We had our welcome dinner at El Patio with 15 people. It was a blast. We just got there when they opened and we had one big table. They let us order whatever we wanted and then they brought lots of appetizers and different drinks. It worked out fine and we worried like crazy before we left.