Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
We are using Ivan from Doremixx he has been very responsive - sorry to mix the pot but with the DJ you also get extra lighting (we are doing it on the deck and wanted extra lighting anyway) you get 2 things of cold fireworks (great pictures of first dance, etc) plus props, cordless michrophone (I wanted this for speeches during dinner, etc.) plus props like glow sticks, massive baloons, etc. (this stuff is easy enough to pick up cheap at a Michaels etc, but again one less thing to worry about)

Happy planning!
Boo, what kind of lighting is included? Do you have pics of the cold fireworks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGaussoin View Post
I think I am going to buy this or something of the sort because I just can't see paying that much per hour to rent their sound system. Just another suggestion to you guys.

Amazon.com: Ion Audio iPA03 Portable PA System with iPod Docking Adapter: Electronics
What kind of sound quality? Are you just going to have a guest keep charge of the shuffleing of music and annoucements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hall Wedding View Post
What kind of sound quality? Are you just going to have a guest keep charge of the shuffleing of music and annoucements?
I haven't bought the system yet but the reviews look very good.

I have discussed with a few of my guests to grab the mic and make announcements as needed. The wedding party has agreed. This will only be needed for speeches and such. I was planning on just making a playlist and knowing which songs to listen for that proceed an announcement time. I just think it is silly to pay for a sound system there. I may end up doing that if the tech is really that helpful though.

I would also like to have a DJ but I cannot find that sort of money in my budget. It is nice to know that they provide the cold fireworks. I thought that was an additional cost. I have read some reviews that the DJ often does not provide the songs that you request. My FI is picky with music so I'm sure he doesn't want to pay for something that he won't enjoy.

Good luck to everyone.

Jennifer & Michael - 5/7/2010

Jessica & Robbie - 5/15/2010

Margaret & Matthew - 5/15/2010

Alison & Mike - 5/20/2010

Megan & Jason - 5/21/2010

LeAnn and Matt- 5/24/2010

Ashley & ? - 5/30/2010

Rachelle & Randal - 6/3/2010

Nancy & Bruce - 6/11/2010

aperkins7- 6/12/2010

Diana & David- 6/13/2010

Erica & John – 6/19/2010

carlychristine - 6/22/2010

Evelilna & Phil - 6/25/2010

Aleka & Maka- 7/7/2010

Leah & Chris- 7/9/2010

Allison & ? – 7/24/2010

Cathy & Chin – 7/29/2010

Kelvin & Leydi – 7/30/2010

John & Lili – 8/1/2010

Alison & Jimmy 8/8/2010

Thao & Triet: 9/3/2010

Nikki & Tyler- 9/17/2010

Casey & Ron - 9/18/2010

Sarah & Joe – 9/18/2010

Mindy & Joe - /10/4/2010

Toni & Jake – 10/8/2010

Vix1383 – 10/16/2010

Adrian & Peter 10/17/2010

Kym & Brian – 10/19/2010

Emma & ? - 10/23/2010

Robyn and Chris- 10/24/2010

Reagan & Brent – 10/26/2010

wisconsionbride - 10/28/2010

Rachael & Alex - 10/31/2010

Chelsey & Travis- 11/5/2010

April & Reggie – 11/6/2010

Jannine & Pete- 11/11/2010

Ashley & Mark- 11/15/2010

Kate and Cam - 11/19/2010

Tracy & ? -11/26/2010

lnf_munchkin - 11/27/2010

Lori and Jason- 11/29/2010

t1219 – 11/30/2010

Jenny & Matt - 12/5/10

Heather & Braden- 12/6/2010

Angela & Craig - 12/8/2010

allegraapple – 12/12/2010

majimart – 12/17/2010

volosikj-1/15/2011

Jill & Aaron - 1/22/2011

Tara & Andy 2/10/2011

rscherle- 2/19/2011

saymyname74- 3/5/2011

roxmysockz - 4/8/2011

Melissa & Nathanael 5/8/11

Ursula & Matt - 5/8/2011

Leanne & Adam 5/14/2011

Ashley & Jeremy 6/16/2011

Do you have any suggestions for the wedding location? I'm hoping for the beach but haven't been able to confirm this with Ana yet. Also, do you know what the options are for reception locations? I'm so relieved to hear what you said about how busy Ana is.....I was starting to worry that I haven't heard back from her in so long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyandmatt View Post
Do you have any suggestions for the wedding location? I'm hoping for the beach but haven't been able to confirm this with Ana yet. Also, do you know what the options are for reception locations? I'm so relieved to hear what you said about how busy Ana is.....I was starting to worry that I haven't heard back from her in so long!
How many guests are you expecting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGaussoin View Post

I would also like to have a DJ but I cannot find that sort of money in my budget. It is nice to know that they provide the cold fireworks. I thought that was an additional cost. I have read some reviews that the DJ often does not provide the songs that you request. My FI is picky with music so I'm sure he doesn't want to pay for something that he won't enjoy.

Good luck to everyone.
Just wanted to add ...DJ Doremixx (Ivan) is very good about playing songs that you request. I think he also can download a song that is requested during your reception if he doesn't have it. He is very good and professional! Our guests are still talking about the great music that he played! I originally was going to use my ipod and bring a sound system but with all the other stuff I was doing, I started to get really stressed about picking good music, making sure there were transitions between the songs, and then how it would be played. I am not super good with that stuff though :). I was really happy in the end that I chose to have a DJ! Oh and the cold fireworks are AWESOME!

I had the technician and sound system for the ceremony and the technician just played the CD that I provided. He also faded the songs so that they transitioned nicely. Not sure how involved he would be at the reception though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyandmatt View Post

Congratulations! If you check around page 50 or so of this thread, there are pictures of the reception locations. Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post
HI! I didnt even realize we're date twins. :) Umm, Ana gave me 4pm also. I hope she didnt screw up! Where are you having your ceremony and reception? I can't believe it less then a year away now.
Shadup! I was planning on having the ceremony on the beach and the reception on the pool deck. The only thing she had taken was the credit card authorization form and confirmed 4 o'clock. I better call find out exactly what is going on :-s Thank God I saved all the correspondence! Thanks so much for letting me know this.