Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly129 View Post
Congrats! I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Berman Travel! Who is your agent?? We're working with Heather and she's amazing. She calms me down regularly!
Heather is my agent too!!! So far so good!! What rates did she give you for the 3 night and 5 night packages? she gave me $1752-$2050 for 3 night and $2450-$2899 for 5 night. That just seems pretty high to me, because when I called the hotel directly it was much cheaper then that. I got a quote for 4 nights a thurs arrival and monday departure it was $1179 per couple for the standard garden view room. I don't know it might be cheaper for my guests to go through the hotel directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachykeen View Post
We chose to do a layover because of the charter dates. A lot of our guests are staying Wed-Mon on a charter flight and payed about $1100 per person for a standard gardenview room. This was through a TA. The price has definitely gone up. I've heard the prices are more expensive if you book through the resort though.
Beachykeen, who was your TA, because mine TA is giving me a quote of over $1700 for a 3 night stay and I think it is just too much, the hotel was cheaper giving me a rate of $1179 for 4 nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebernard4985 View Post
Hey! I used apple and it has been wonderful. The travel agent I use is through Apple vacations and we were able to get pretty good deals. Our wedding is June 19 and our guests will be staying for 7, 5 or 4 nights. The rate is $155 a night per person in the deluxe room. The good thing about Apple was they let us put down a deposit of only $50 a person and then we had to pay in full 60 days prior. This helped a lot of people! We did not use their charter plane, everyone got their own airfare because it was cheaper that way. I also would recommend Apple because they will give you the extra promotions that some other TAs will not. We ended up getting a total of 12 free nights (2 people per night) when it was all said and done. My fiance and I will not be paying for our room and we were able to split up the other free rooms to our bridal party.

Did you call Apple directly? If would recommend going on their website and searching for a travel agent in your area.

Hello, thank you for the info, i am using a travel agent that goes through apple...she never mentioned how i can just pay per person for room and get seperate airfair..thats a good idea im gonna email her about it right now. I do like the idea of not having to pay right smack upfront....very helpful...thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj42781 View Post
Hey ladies! i was wondering who booked through the hotel, and who used travel agent for guests?? I got quotes from Apple and I am not that happy with them. Mostly because the charter plane only lets u travel certain days such as thurs to sun or tues to sat or sun to sun...now what if my guest wants to go thurs til tues....im curious to know what everyone else is doinghuh.gif thanks ladies
I'm using a travel agent I found through Tripology.com. She's great and I was able to book the hotel and air separately. 7 days for FI was 2100 and we only had to put 120 down with the rest due in June. We bought our own air thru AA when there was a sale on Orbitz.
When I went through Dreams directly it was about 2800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyandchin View Post
I'm using a travel agent I found through Tripology.com. She's great and I was able to book the hotel and air separately. 7 days for FI was 2100 and we only had to put 120 down with the rest due in June. We bought our own air thru AA when there was a sale on Orbitz.
When I went through Dreams directly it was about 2800.
what room category did you get for the $2100?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hall Wedding View Post
what room category did you get for the $2100?
My bad, it was 2400 but we had paid 300 for the deposit. So about 177/night for Premium Deluxe Tropical & Garden View.

We don't plan to be spending a lot of time in the room and I already know that "ocean view" doesn't mean "nice view of the ocean."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
Hi all,

We got married on May 7th and I wanted to share some photos with you. I used an outside photographer and I think she takes a while to finish the photos, however she posted 4 teasers on Facebook. Check them out.

Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

Here are some amature photos that one of my guests took.

Shutterfly | View share

Also, for those of you using an outside photographer but have the package that includes the resort photographer, make sure to schedule a separate session during your visit. Here are some photos that they took the day after the wedding.

Our Dreams Honeymoon

I'll try to post a review soon. Basically everything was beautiful.
Jen, everything looked wonderful!! You & Michael make a very beautiful couple, I can't wait to see all of your pro pics, the teasers were great, I can't even imagine how good the rest will be. Congratulations again!