Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura22610 View Post
I had the caribbean buffet and the food was fabulous!! Everyone talked about how good it was! The buffet actually had labels by all of the food.

Mishka is really nice and super easy to work with. I just got maracas but they were perfect and communication with Mishka was totally non-stressful!
Laura..Thanks for all of your helpful information. I couldn't find where u had mentioned the site where u got the maracas. They are adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan24 View Post
I did the same thing and the wedding is almost here I emailed Ana to send me the ceremony script but of course she never did. So I just assumed that I could write my own for the symbolic ceremony.
Have you figured out how to get it to the officiant before the ceremony? I would HATE to have this guy just doing a cold read off the script!!!

I am very new to this site and slowly learning how to use it...

Although a little information to share and seeking some information.

I made my save the dates as I am getting married in February 2011 and took an option from the boarding pass save the dates. They were super east to make - if anyone would like my documents I would be happy to share.

I read about the barefoot sandals and I want to let you know that i have a friend who makes the beaded jewelry - I am sure you all know someone that does this. i sent her a picture link the the jewelry and she is making 6 pairs for me for $30.00 which the website to buy they are asking anywhere from $30-$60 a pair. She already did one pair for me to check out and they look identical to the ones of pictures on the website - might help you to save some money.

Seeking Advice - Most of Guests are arriving on Sat - Some on Wednesday our wedding is on Thursday - what would you suggest for a welcome party? Does Ana Plan this or is this something we do on our own? Could we just say meet at the Desires Bar at 6:00 or meet on the pool deck at a certain time being an all-inclusive resort - it seems like you should be able to say that and mingle and get drinks without really having a set plan or schedule - please give me your thoughts. Also should we be having a set rehearsal dinner or is that not really needed. we are having about 60 people and my finance and I though we would just shedules different meals with different guests? Please give me your thoughts.

Also i would greatly appreicate it if someone who has been married would tell me what they paid for in total. for the wedding at the resort - not the vacation stay just the wedding necessities between the wedding package and extras you paid for. I know the price of the largest package although I am sure there are extras and would like to get an idea of what? I know per person for the cocktail and dinner party for over 20 people with the ultimate package is $78.00 per person. Do they charge for a cocktail/welcome dinner? Table decorations?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Smiles

tara

tsgnatko -

For the welcome party you can certainly have Ana help you plan a private function - and you will pay per person for food/drinks...you could do a buffet or just apps if you wanted to keep the cost down.

While I was there I saw plenty of people just meet up at certain locations. If you just want cocktails - meeting at Desires when it opens is a great idea - I'd suggest taking over the terrace, it's really nice and comfy. You could also have people meet at the lobby bar - rendezvous - there is a TON of seating and the bartenders are awesome there (as well as in desires). There is no food served at Desires or in the lobby - all the food is in the restaurants. Both desires and the lobby are super close to the restaurants as well.

Hey ladies - I finally loaded my pictures into Photobucket - sorry it's so long. I had 70 pictures but I tried to only include pictures that would be revelent to all of you. No need to see my fiance making stupid faces haha.

Site Visit Pictures:

Lobby:

Click the image to open in full size.

Rendezvous Bar:

Explorer’s Club:

IMG]http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab229/lilly129/Site%20Visit%20Pictures/P1000696.jpg[/img]

Backup Location:

Desire’s Terrace:

Room Buildings:

Spa (Off to the left when walking out of the Lobby towards the beach)

Sorry I didn’t get a picture of the bridal suite – but it was very nice – fiancé refused to go into the room and he hijacked the camera.

Location of the Preferred Club Lounge & Across the walkway the jewelry store, photographers and Coco’s Café:

Quote:
Mexican Civil Marriage Advices

Ladies and gentlemen, according to the laws of this country we are gathered here to join the bonds of Matrimony which is an honorable status:

_____________ (groom) and _______________________ (bride)

Seeing it is a very important act, I would kindly ask everybody to remain in silence.
As witnesses of this important act, there are present here:

1. ____________________________ 2. _______________________

3. ____________________________ 4. _______________________

Who will sign the marriage document.

A great Mexian philosopher of the nineteenth century, Mr. Melchor Ocampo, wrote in his legendary letter, the following words that until today are always read in our
wedding ceremonies, "marriage", it says is the only legal and moral way to found a family, to preserve mankind and avoid imperfections of the human being who are only able to obtain the perfection of the human race through matrimony in a conjugal duality. Men and women have the same rights, but it is important to observe their respective obligations. Both of you should have respect, fidelity, trust and assistance to one another and also tenderness and love, much love. Do not fight with one another, use your heads and your hearts to correct something wrong.
Both of you should be aware of the great responsibility of being parents, because you should provide your children with attention, good example to follow during the rest of their lives. I now ask two questions to your witnesses.

1. Are ________________ (groom) and __________________ (bride) persons you know well?
2. And are there any objections for them to be joined in legal marriage in Mexico?

__________________ (groom) do you accept ____________________ (bride) as your beloved and wedded wife, __________________ (bride) do you accept _____________ (groom)
as your beloved and wedded husband?

_________________ (groom) and __________________ (bride) after ratifying your wish to get legally married by means of your signature and your witnesses' signature and in the presence of your family and friends in the name of the law and the society and with the authority from the Solidaridad Municipal, here in Quintana Roo, Mexico, I now declare you husband and wife.

You may kiss the bride.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Playa del Carmen, Solidaridad, Quintana Roo. The _____________ (day/month) of _________ (year)

El C. Oficial 07 del Registro Civil.
This is what i've seen elsewhere on the board is the legal/civil ceremony script... can anyone confirm if this is the script they used?

A couple things I should metion:

As far as privacy for a beach ceremony goes - the arch is located on the side of the beach near the watersports equipment - not by the bar. We went down at 5:30 (when our ceremony is schedule for) and the beach was mostly empty - the infinity pool had a few people peering over the edge to watch the wedding set up - but the staff had just removed a significant portion of the chairs and stacked them up in a corner so unless you wanted to sit in the sand or stand there for a while - you really couldn't get close to the action or be disruptive.

There was a vow renewal party on the beach on saturday night and the entertainment staff had I guess planned for a live band to start playingon the beach for the guests at 9pm...we got there at 9:45 and I was thinking "if that was my reception on the other side of the beach and they had a band blasting away over here I'd lose my mind" and next thing we know the entertainment staff is making an announcement that the band won't be playing another song and they're moving the party to desires lounge. I assume someone from the vow renewal party complained about the noise but my advice is that when you meet with Ana make it very clear that if the entertainment staff has something planned for saturday night it can't be on the beach during your reception...