Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyandchin View Post
GOOD! I just wanted to make sure... My FI is half Korean and I want to add some Hangul in the program and ceremony to honor his mom's culture but I don't know of anyone who can write in Korean!
that would have been super tragic.

I've actually seen a wedding invitation written in Korean - it was by Designer's Fine Press - but I believe the couple had a family member write it out and then designer's fine press was able to copy it...you could call a few stationary stores nearby and see if they have any way of helping you out...I think that would be really sweet if you find a way to make it work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsRobart View Post
Ok I am totally sitting here jammin to the Bob Marley soundtrack LOL What a pleasant surprise. I was beginning to think they used 1 of 3 songs since those were all I ever heard.

Anyhoo the pictures rock - looks like you guys had a gorgeous day Congrats and thanks for sharing :-)

I loved the Bob Marley too! A nice change from the usual songs they use...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachykeen View Post
Does anyone have the menu for the buffet? Our guest number is really getting close to forty and I've been told that your only option is the buffet if you have more than 40.
No way, are you serious?? I didn't know that. We definitely wanted a sit-down dinner and when we gave our initial numbers to Ana she never indicated that if we had more than 40, we would have to do buffet instead :-s Hope thats not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Sorry no I went with the 3 peice nesting vase - same problem - it came with a little squishy stopper thing, doubt it will do much. I have to say maybe its the stress that is getting to me, but I got my nautilus shells as well (for the Mom's to particapate) got my sand, etc. If the sand shifts and spills I will just re-do it at home (and I am extremely sentimental) but I find there are days when I literarly have to stop myself and remind myself what this is all about. Off to spend a couple more hours looking at decorations... ha ha!
Boo is this the one you went with instead

3-Piece Miniature Wedding Sand Ceremony Vase Set

And they have a stopper for the top of them after you pour the sand in? Does the picture frame have a stopper thing too?

Never heard of the nautilus shell's for the parents. How does that work out?

You are doing such a good job of planning everything your wedding is going to amazing. I hope you FI knows how hard you are working on it.

I am ready for this wedding and searching for decorations and everything wedding related to be over!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachykeen View Post
Does anyone have the menu for the buffet? Our guest number is really getting close to forty and I've been told that your only option is the buffet if you have more than 40.
Here are the menus I have:

Mexican Buffet Dinner

Salad bar
Shrimp Ceviche
Calamari Ceviche
Fish Ceviche
Guacamole
Mexican salsa
Beef Salpicon

Hot dish
Chicken tamales with mole sauce
Hard shell beef tacos
Chicken fajitas
Mexican rice
Melted cheese with Mexican sausage
Cheese turnovers

Show cooking
Tacos pastor style
Mexican flank steak on the grill

Desserts
Mexican flan
Fried Mexican pastry
Buñuelos with caramel sauce

Caribbean Buffet Dinner

Salad bar
Crab salad
Tuna salad
Tomato and smoke salmon
Avocado and shrimp salad
Tropical fruit salad
Green salad

Hot dish
Rice with beans and fried plantain
Chicken breast filed with vegetable served with mango sauce
Sea bass filet with coconut sauce
Mix vegetables with garlic butter
Stuff potatoes with bacon and cheese

Show cooking
Baby back ribs with rum BBQ sauce
Beef kebabs with mushroom and bell peppers

Dessert
Pineapple turnover
Warm apple pie
Chocolate cake

BBQ Buffet Dinner
Salad bar

FIELD GREEN WITH QUESADILLAS CROUTONS
CURRIED CHICKEN DALAD
FRESH VEGETEBAL PASTA SALAD
THREE BEAN SALAD
ROASTED POTATOS SALAD
CRANBERRY¬-WALNUT CABBAGE SLAW
CARROTTE AND RAISIN SALAD

HOT DISH

CAJUN GRILLED CORN
BAKE POTATOS WITH BACON AND GLAZED ONIONS
GRILLED TERIYAKI MUSHROOM
SMOKY GRILLED VEGETEBAL
RICE WITH BLACK BEANS

SHOW COOKING

BEFF AND PORK RIBS ON THE BARBIE
TUNA AND SALMON KABOB MARINED WITH LIME AND HERBES
GRILL JERK CHICKEN BREAST

DESSERT

MILLEFEUILLE WITH MASCARPONE AND STRAWBERRY
BANANA FRITTERS WITH ICE CREAM
CHEESECAKE WITH PEACH

I was also told that with 40 or more people you had to choose a buffet.