Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberm410 View Post
Hey girls! I just returned from my wedding there on the 10th! I will post a full review later in the week but have no fear once you get there everything comes into place! Ana and her assistant Yasmin are on top of it. The best part of my wedding is the awesome pictures. I would highly highly suggest Juan Navarro. His crew did an such a great job capturing every part. I have 3 cd's of pictures. Some are color, some black and white, some black and white with just flowers or somehting in the picture being color and sepia photos. So creative. We had so much fun. Here is a link to a few of the pictures on his site. JEFF & AMBER DREAMS RIVIERA CANCUN 10 APRILâ€10 Juan Navarros Blog

Also if you just go to his site you can check out his work. www.juanphots.com

Full review of the resort and wedding etc.. to come within the next few days! Happy planning!
Awww congrats - everything looked gorgeous!

Quote:
Hey girls! I just returned from my wedding there on the 10th! I will post a full review later in the week but have no fear once you get there everything comes into place! Ana and her assistant Yasmin are on top of it. The best part of my wedding is the awesome pictures. I would highly highly suggest Juan Navarro. His crew did an such a great job capturing every part. I have 3 cd's of pictures. Some are color, some black and white, some black and white with just flowers or somehting in the picture being color and sepia photos. So creative. We had so much fun. Here is a link to a few of the pictures on his site. JEFF & AMBER DREAMS RIVIERA CANCUN 10 APRILâ€10 Juan Navarros Blog

Full review of the resort and wedding etc.. to come within the next few days! Happy planning!
I don't quite understand how using Juan works. Did you have him booked far in advance? Did you then have to pay for his services since he is no longer the resort photographer? I love his photos compared to the resort photographers but I am trying to keep my cost down. Thanks and Congrats I LOVED your Dress! So beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsRobart View Post
GIRL stop it LOL Really? I'm hoping that none of our guests have that kinf od money to throw away :-s
I thought that too. You will be fine I just have the worst friends ever. lol

Also I had payed for one of the rooms for my bridesmaids and they backed out. smile27.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonie View Post
I am getting married on the 28th of this month & am stressed about the weather!! The forecast for next week is showers every day, 60% on my wedding daysad.gifsad.gifsad.gif sorry had to ventsad.gif
I think that it said it would rain every day that we were there and it rained for like 20 min one evening and everyone at the resort was surprised that it rained for so long! And the weather forecast changes hour to hour :) I think you will be fine!! Definitely don't stress about the weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan24 View Post
Okay show me those templates!!

I am looking for something for the guest that will have the times of the events we will have going on. Reherseal dinner, ect.

Anything else my wedding is coming up and I have nothing for the guest for at the resort. Help!!! lol
Megan...the template I have for the list and times of events is on my mom's computer which just crashed the other day so unfortunately I can't post it for you sad.gif However, it was very, very east to do! She did it in Microsoft Word. If you need help figuring it out, let me know and I will try to re-create it and post for you. I'll post a picture of it...
Also, I got chocolates from Ah Cacao, which is located in Playa del Carmen for favors for my wedding. It was a great suggestion from somebody on here (sorry, I don't remember who!!) and it was a hit. I contacted them through their website before I left for Mexico and paid for the chocolates by paypal. I arranged with Ah Cacao for the chocolates to be delivered the day before the wedding and they were delivered right to the hotel concierge with no problems. They only charged $8 for delivery fee and a taxi ride to Playa costs $50, so it was a great deal! They have lots of stuff depending on how much you want to spend. Did you get stuff for your OOT bags yet? One thing that I put in mine that was used a lot in Mexico and at home was chapstick. I got mine from this website ( Cocktail Lip Balms ) and the flavors were so good :) I got margarita and pina colada - yum! I'll post a pic of my OOT bag contents for you too so you can see what else I put in them. Hope that helps!

Wedding Events:
Click the image to open in full size.

OOT bag contents:
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.]

Quote:

Hi!!! I was wondering how you got to use Juan. Ana told me I had to use Adventure...the resort photographer. They seem pretty good, but initially I loved Juan's work. I would still like to see if I can use him..Your pics are beautiful!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
wow, you sure are on the ball, you wedding is 6 months after mine and I dont have my wedding dresses picked out, leave in less than 7 months, this is one of those getting concerned moments :)
Well I was on the 2011 thread and one of the girls told me that the Pronovias gowns can take up to a year to get which made me start panicking especially since all the gowns that I liked were in the 2011 collection. Anyway at the end of the day, I found this company that manufactures replicas right out of China so I'm kind of anxious to see if the dress looks like the original, making sure its not a rip off etc. So I figure if I'm going to gamble I better do it early just in case the dress is shoddy or the business is shady kwim. Plus I genuinely love the dress. :-)