Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Sorry for the multiple posts but I just wanted to note that using an ipod we ladies then rent the sound system for USD 180 per hour for the reception, DJ is USD 1200 for 3 hours if I remember correctly, and then you also get cold fireworks, extra lighting etc. So if you wanted to have 3 hours of music regardless, you are comparing USD 600 for Ipod or USD 1,200 for DJ - that stressed me out personally when it dawned on me
dj is 300 per hr... so 900 for the 3hrs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyandchin View Post
Buenos dias chicas!

I have the Ultimate package and I am going to get the Mexican Trio but I'm not sure if I should have them play their set for the cocktail hour (day before wedding), ceremony, or reception.
I was thinking during the ceremony (we're doing the beach) because the cocktail hour is going to be socializing time and the reception we'd just do the iPod.

Thoughts??

Cathy
we are thinking of adding a tequila tasting the night after the wedding and using the mariachi band then.. we figured it would be a nice touch... anyone have any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsey & Travis View Post
Hello! I have just booked our wedding for November 5, 2010 at DRC. I'm just beginning the wedding planning process and obviously have many questions. But mostly I am wondering...does anyone have information on wedding ceremony locations at the resort? Pictures would be extra helpful!
Chelsey,

You will be getting married on the 5th of Nov!! Congrats!!! We will arrive at DRC either on Sunday or Monday the 8th! we are getting married on the 11th... Fill me in... We will have around 90 guests attending... what are your colors??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyandchin View Post
I just checked an old email from Ana and she said I could mix and match from the silver and the gold options!

*now I need to make a new survey...
smile41.gif
Hey- I think I am getting confused... hahaha..... when we can mix and match does they mean they we can ONLY offer one meat to all of them in the buffet (like we have a pre-set meal) .. i mean what if some people dont like chicken/meat etc? Sorry- I dont get what Ana wrote to me, so maybe you guys can explain :)

Also- has anyone else booked with the $100 but NOT done the contract (I just got nervous seeing all of you talk about a contract)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsjcr View Post
Hey- I think I am getting confused... hahaha..... when we can mix and match does they mean they we can ONLY offer one meat to all of them in the buffet (like we have a pre-set meal) .. i mean what if some people dont like chicken/meat etc? Sorry- I dont get what Ana wrote to me, so maybe you guys can explain :)

Also- has anyone else booked with the $100 but NOT done the contract (I just got nervous seeing all of you talk about a contract)
I'm not sure how the buffet is done. We have less than 40 guests so we'll be having the sit down dinner.

I haven't signed a contract but we've been going back and forth on it to get the details down.

Hey all :) Another thing I was thinking about... we were not originally going to do a site visit but it is my fiance's 30th bday, so why not make a mini-vaca out of it :) Any of you doing a site visit? I was wondering if you talked to them and got a good rate since you ARE having your wedding there and bringing so many guests?? Thanks for the help!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlynn039 View Post
Thanks so much for all of your help Boo!! I'm still waiting to hopefully hear back from Elizabeth Medina today that she is still available for my date so I can book her. And then I guess I'll worry about the DJ, like you I want to get a few things out of the way before committing to that
Elizabeth has been phenomenal to deal with!!! We booked her for wedding day pictures, and I am hoping to book her for TTD, funny thing it kinda helps you out...Elizabeth has to travel a fair bit to get to DRC, so she said unless she has another wedding following mine, wedding November 19th, leaving Mayan on the 28th, I will have to do the TTD the following morning. Which I guess is fine, but I would love to do it at sunrise, and the morning following the wedding I think I will be just in want to relax mode, so I am holding my breath that someone else books a wedding the following week - you unfortunately are just before wink.gif But yes cant say enough good things about Elizabeth, she is super friendly, her daughters are totally on the ball, and she responds to emails and is super helpful!

Happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanG View Post
Hola girls!

I just want to share with you some pictures from last weekend during wedding reception at the deck at Dreams Riviera Cancun, I will post soon a video.

Weeding at Dreams Riviera Cancun

Best,
Ivan would love to see these, the link howeve comes back with 'The JavaScript for this page failed to load correctly.'

Can you try to repost? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfazzina View Post
dj is 300 per hr... so 900 for the 3hrs!
ha ha look at that math! yeah sorry about that, DJ is USD 300 per hour, you are quite right! We were hoping for a bit longer, so maybe 4 hours of either, maybe that is what was in my head - in any case my apologies for the confusion!