Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsjcr View Post
Gosh- I am so frustrated... it honestly scares me... that I am going to get my guests to put all this $$ in and then we put all this $$ in and things not go smooth. Not trying to be mean but how hard is it to answer emails? If I didn't have so many people already booked, I would consider changing resorts, but then what if other places are just the same?? It makes me so much more mad to see a lot of you just as frustrated. I am still waiting on an email from Friday to be answered, that I have now resent her twice and nothing.

have you guys told her the packages you want? flowers you want? decor you want? etc? i cant even get her to open my emails to see those things!
Honestly, it's like this at almost every resort. I know it's frustrating, but try to be patient. You have to remember that not only is Ana answering the emails from every bride that is considering getting married there, she's also answering the emails of every bride that has already confirmed a date, meeting with brides that are there for site visits, and attending to the weddings that take place daily, sometimes multiple times a day.

On your wedding day, would you rather Ana was taking care of just your wedding, or in her office answering emails??

I know it's frustrating, we've all been there, but rest assured, dreams does lots of weddings and they do a great job, or they wouldn't be so popular.

The best thing I can suggest for everyone, is please try to put ALL of your questions in one email, don't email her a couple of times every day with a couple of questions in each email, can you imagine how many emails she probably gets in a day, it has to be very overwhelming!

And my other suggestion would be to get your TA involved. If you're not getting an answer from Ana or you're unhappy about something, ask your TA to help. They may not be able to change the outcome, but it's worth a shot!

Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jill View Post
Honestly, it's like this at almost every resort. I know it's frustrating, but try to be patient. You have to remember that not only is Ana answering the emails from every bride that is considering getting married there, she's also answering the emails of every bride that has already confirmed a date, meeting with brides that are there for site visits, and attending to the weddings that take place daily, sometimes multiple times a day.

On your wedding day, would you rather Ana was taking care of just your wedding, or in her office answering emails??

I know it's frustrating, we've all been there, but rest assured, dreams does lots of weddings and they do a great job, or they wouldn't be so popular.

The best thing I can suggest for everyone, is please try to put ALL of your questions in one email, don't email her a couple of times every day with a couple of questions in each email, can you imagine how many emails she probably gets in a day, it has to be very overwhelming!

And my other suggestion would be to get your TA involved. If you're not getting an answer from Ana or you're unhappy about something, ask your TA to help. They may not be able to change the outcome, but it's worth a shot!

Good Luck!
I do understand all of the above BUT maybe they should consider getting more help.... like more than one Ana. I mean I always email her One email with all my ??s on it and even then, I am not getting answers. I am still waiting to hear from my ??s last week. I know people say rest assured everything will be fine and work out and etc etc but when you are the paying bride you dont feel like that AT ALL! Its not about being a bridezilla, its about we are paying a lot of money and just want to know what is going on.

Jill, you beat me to the punch! I was just about to write a message reminding us all to "breathe"!!!

Not to say that it's not frustrating, not to say that we're not allowed to feel tense about this whole process, because that's the way it is... But, Jill is right I think in saying that this happens at all resorts, and that the wedding coordinators are unbelievably busy between planning and actually putting on weddings daily! I can't even imagine the number of emails Ana is getting right now. And I think resending emails just clogs up her inbox even more... I mean maybe if you don't hear back for a couple of weeks you could send her a note to make sure your original message was not lost, but other than that just think of this as an excercise in patience! lol. Also, what I hear from most brides on the forum is that the response time gets better as your wedding draws nearer. Again, makes sense that WCs needs to prioritize immediate upcoming weddings over ones happening later this year. We all need to have some faith that everything will come together beautifully in the end. Another thing that I think many brides on the forum would attest to!

I do understand that... and know that I need to just take a step back and breathe :) I guess it is just hard... especially being in that I come from the wedding planning business- I am used to quick responses... but I know this is a different circumstance. Point taken and I will breathe. It does make me feel better and comforting knowing that brides do say that the closer you get the better it gets and all the pics of weddings turn out amazing.

Thanks.

I think that many of us are used to instant responses, but when it comes to planning a destination wedding it seems like you just have to accept the fact that you will have to be patient and wait! Or don't accept it and go crazy. lol.

I have been planning my wedding for a little while now (as you can see my join date was back in 2008 but I didn't decide on DRC until over a year later!). So I can say that I have seriously considered a great number of resorts and been in touch with many wedding coordinators. Through this process, I've gotten used to having to wait for responses. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to wait "too" long, but sometimes it happens.

Also, when I think about the fact that for every bride that books, there are probably a handful more that are emailing with questions still trying to decide (like I used to be), I start to feel like the wedding coordinators job is pretty overwhelming!

That being said, I agree with you that it seems like Ana needs help! I wonder if it would be useful to email resort management with this suggestion? Also, Ana is still relatively new (as is the resort) so hopefully things will get better as she continues to get weddings under her belt, so to speak. I also hate to say it, and this comment does not apply exclusively to Ana but actually to most WCs I've corresponded with, but a lot of the trouble stems from vague or partial responses that we get back to our questions, which leads to us having to send more emails! I often think that if questions were answered fully and clearly the first time around, probably their email traffic could be cut in half!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess402 View Post
I think that many of us are used to instant responses, but when it comes to planning a destination wedding it seems like you just have to accept the fact that you will have to be patient and wait! Or don't accept it and go crazy. lol.

I have been planning my wedding for a little while now (as you can see my join date was back in 2008 but I didn't decide on DRC until over a year later!). So I can say that I have seriously considered a great number of resorts and been in touch with many wedding coordinators. Through this process, I've gotten used to having to wait for responses. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to wait "too" long, but sometimes it happens.

Also, when I think about the fact that for every bride that books, there are probably a handful more that are emailing with questions still trying to decide (like I used to be), I start to feel like the wedding coordinators job is pretty overwhelming!

That being said, I agree with you that it seems like Ana needs help! I wonder if it would be useful to email resort management with this suggestion? Also, Ana is still relatively new (as is the resort) so hopefully things will get better as she continues to get weddings under her belt, so to speak. I also hate to say it, and this comment does not apply exclusively to Ana but actually to most WCs I've corresponded with, but a lot of the trouble stems from vague or partial responses that we get back to our questions, which leads to us having to send more emails! I often think that if questions were answered fully and clearly the first time around, probably their email traffic could be cut in half!!!
I 100% agree with you on that last part.... :)

And I can't imagine how busy she must be- so maybe suggesting help may work... I dont know... but yeh- as more and more weddings happen, they will figure out the best way to handle stuff. They are fairly new. I think my problem is I hate email :) haha I wish I could just do it all in person and well- that is just not feasible. Oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura22610 View Post
I think you will be okay! I have not had anything in writing either and my wedding is a week away! I am keeping all of my emails and probably printing the ones out that have specific information in them to take with me just in case. I am keeping an optimistic attitude about all of this. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks how it all worked out :)
LOL Laura! I was planning on doing the same thing! Good Luck with your wedding. Can't wait to hear all about it when you return!

Thanks to all of you ladies for the responses. I feel a little better now that I have heard that others also have not received a contract with everything written out.
I guess thats just how things are done in Mexico!

Hey Girls! My wedding is on August 8 and I was wondering if anyone has seen the overlay colors?? I am having the lights under the tables so I want an overlay, but not sure if I should order them myself. Then I would have to order the chair bows to match. Dreams chargs a ridiculous amount for them. What are you all doing regarding table decor?? Plus...centerpieces Ana sent me are awful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saza175 View Post
jfazz..... so, if it rains the night of your wedding, and you can't have your dj inside the closed restaurant, then i guess that means you can't have your first dance etc. huh.gif what.gif
I am not sure what other brides are doing for PLAN B if it rains? I wonder if they can set up the outside deck that is covered and have it there (where the actual ceremont takes place if it rainshuh.gif I will have to ask. The ballroom has an awful red carpet, so we will not have our reception in there even if it rains. It looks like the hall near DESIRES bar was set up for either a cocktail party or reception in some pics I saw. I think you could get away with it if you have a small group. I am going to have over 80-90 people??!! Yikes! Im a bit nervous- but I know DREAMS will do a great job! I just got my contract!! Save the Dates will go out Saturday!!!!