Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberm410 View Post
Thats so much for your update. This is very helpfull! I know I posted this earlier but in case you were not aware...if you are having a small amount of people (18 or less) you can reserve the wine cellar and have a private dinner with your guests there instead of fighting for tables near each other in one of the restaurants. I was told all we would need to pay for is $80/adult couple in wine. So if you like wine and think you would drink that much its a pretty good deal.
Thanks Amberm410! I looove the wine cellar, but I guest list keeps growing. I'm pretty sure we will be above 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebernard4985 View Post
I am going to try to do something like this for my centerpieces. I want them to be simple, but I also want to use candles or maybe floralytes to add light since it is dark on the pool deck. To make these yourself it is about $10 a table. You can get the cylinder vases from dollar tree!

Click the image to open in full size.
I love these! They are beautiful! I just saw these vases at the dollar store. Maybe I will have to buy some and experiment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volosikj View Post
Reception Location Survey- Where are you having your dinner?
Pool Deck or Pool Terrace??
The pictures on page 51/52 confuse me. I can't tell the difference in location or attributes from the photos! Help!
I am also having my reception on the pool deck. I love that it is between the pool and the beach!

Ok ladies here is some info from both our Paradisus visit as well as DRC... Anyway when we visited Paradisus we were given the Ambassador Suite. WOW the deck was HUGE! Living Room/Dining Room/Bedroom/Changing Area/Bar/and Butlers area! Bathroom shower quite small for how big the rooms were. A few things:

The resort is beautiful- a bit big and felt a bit lost but beautiful grounds!

Dont love the fact you have to wear a wrist band (feel like I am bk in my old Cancun days!)

I really didnt care for the fact you have to make reservations to restaurants in advance. They were less than 50% occupied and couldnt fit us in at 8pm to the french restaurant (we had to have 7pm reservations) Kathythe sales manager was FANTASTIC! Cant tell you how on top of it she was except for the fact she forgot to mention we needed to reserve our chairs at the beach in Royal Service, We never met our butler because they were "a bit busy" they said. A bellman took us to our room. We didn't care then but it was a concern for our wedding and our guests that would be staying. Confused as to why they dont offer Oceanview Family Conceriage service.. Service at French Restaurant was pretty bad- waiter had an attitude, Pete doesnt drink wine so I didnt want to buy a bottle and he didnt even offer me a house wine (the woman next to me overheard conversation and told me I could get it- so then I asked) Wasnt very busy maybe 7 tables in the entire restaurant. Appetizers were EXCELLENT! Meals weren't that great- overcooked steak and fish. I asked for medium and it came well done. Couldn't even finish it. Dessert was great and waiter that brought us dessert was very sweet! We didnt tip our waiter- 1st time ever! I always tip! I felt bad telling Kathy since she comped us our room but we were quite surprised! Breakfast and lunch was great- service was wonderful! Scarce service at beach. I was asked if I wanted a drink once in 4hrs. I had to go to the beach bar that wasn't far though. I love the fact we can have a sit down dinner here. Table set up is great- good food choices. They said they could probably do surf & turf as well as chicken dish. I like this alot! I loved the fact that they were willing to work with us on all aspects. Welcome Party-comped as well as Rehearsal din at restaurant wouldnt be an issue. Plus other comps... I LOVE THIS... (This is why we are leaning towards Paradisus; but still not sure) will talk to Ana at DRC to see what they could do for us.

Dreams was excellent- loved the rooms..as well as the FOOD-Trendy restaurants EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE! This place would be my 1st choice.. Decor of the hotel itself- lounge chairs all over resort. desires outside deck is beautiful for Welcome Party (fits 80). Great space in case it rains for wedding ceremony. I do NOT like ballroom floor (red) but she said we could have wedding reception in whatever closed restaurant if it rains. I liked that everything was pretty much together, not super far walks to get to everything. Nice gym and spa! Very new and clean! Cute coffee bar! Master Suite is amazing on left side where the wedding will be held by the end of the year! I think its room 1200s?? We also loved Governor Suite and PRESIDENTIAL SUITE WAS AMAZING! she said she would see if mgmt would let use for wedding night and she would check on rate.

Hope this helps! We are leaning towards DRC but cant help but take a look at the huge savings of paradisus. My friend got married there and has RAVED about the service and staff! So we will work with Ana and decided! We will have over 80 guests staying at the resort.. Good luck ladies.. Its a tough call!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1219 View Post
Thank you for this info!! This if very helpful:) I'm gonna check out weddinglinensdirect right now!!!
Thanks for info on weddinglinensdirect.com. I am going with Fuscia as well.. Did you pic your bridesmaids dresses yet? I have one that I love from alfred angelo.. can you tell me which Sash you are going withhuh.gif