Dreams Riviera Cancun - Brides post here (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess402 View Post
I don't know about this, but these guys ship internationally and their prices are also REALLY GOOD:

tablecloths-chair covers- table linens-sashes wholesaler
Thanks Princess!!

Anyone bought their wedding shoes yet? I know this is totally unrelated to DRC but just a question. That is my search for the night LOL - I'm looking for Hot Pink or Aqua flats :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebernard4985 View Post
We are using this company. They had the best rates. It does not include dinner, but they can all have that at the resort, no need to pay for food twice!
Sail, swim, snorkel, parasail, and enjoy the Mayan Riviera with Paradise Catamarans. Our private catamaran charters make every outing a memorable event.

I love this idea! I was going to do this originally and then I had changed my mind because I was going to do the rehearsal dinner in the wine room at DRC. But now you got me thinking about how much more fun and relaxed this would be and we would include all guests (or at least all that wanted to join us). But this one is down in Puerto Adventuras. How far away is that? I thought it was a bit of a drive. Also, where did you get that it was $25 pp pincluding transpo? I figure for 30 people $700 + $300 (for drinks) + transpo. I'm thinking of seeing if the resort has a cheaper transpo price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymkymkym View Post
Thanks Princess!!

Anyone bought their wedding shoes yet? I know this is totally unrelated to DRC but just a question. That is my search for the night LOL - I'm looking for Hot Pink or Aqua flats :)
I just got mine this weekend. I love them. They are dressy flip flops from Baby Phat. The straps are silver with a circle of rhinestones in the center.

Quote:
I am going to try to do something like this for my centerpieces. I want them to be simple, but I also want to use candles or maybe floralytes to add light since it is dark on the pool deck. To make these yourself it is about $10 a table. You can get the cylinder vases from dollar tree!

Click the image to open in full size.
Those are very pretty. I feel like I want to buy my own centerpieces to save on cost, but then I think about carrying all the stuff with me. How can you ensure that the vases won't break?

Quote:
We are using this company. They had the best rates. It does not include dinner, but they can all have that at the resort, no need to pay for food twice!
Sail, swim, snorkel, parasail, and enjoy the Mayan Riviera with Paradise Catamarans. Our private catamaran charters make every outing a memorable event.
Thanks for the info. I believe it was you a few posts back that indicated you were'nt having a cocktail hour. Just curious on which package you end up going with? How many people are attending? Where do you plan on sending your guests after the ceremony? I'm having the hardest time deciding if a cocktail hour is worth it and instead do something like this the night before the wedding. I'm expecting close to 40 people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
I love this idea! I was going to do this originally and then I had changed my mind because I was going to do the rehearsal dinner in the wine room at DRC. But now you got me thinking about how much more fun and relaxed this would be and we would include all guests (or at least all that wanted to join us). But this one is down in Puerto Adventuras. How far away is that? I thought it was a bit of a drive. Also, where did you get that it was $25 pp pincluding transpo? I figure for 30 people $700 + $300 (for drinks) + transpo. I'm thinking of seeing if the resort has a cheaper transpo price.
The $25 pp was an estimate (I did it off the top of my head)..... it will end up being $28 pp. This is for the cruise and the transportation ($800+350). I did not include the alcohol is the price. I am still debating about that. I think for 2 hours we could just cruise along the water without any alcohol (plus I am worried that if people drink too much the night before the wedding... and if we are at an all-inclusive they will probably already be drunk!). I haven't been able to find any other sunset cruises... I am still waiting to hear back from a few companies.

I think I will look into other transportation as well. It is about an hour away from the hotel, so I thought $350 was a pretty reasonable rate for all 40 people. Ultimately I would have liked to find a company closer (Puerto Morelos would be perfect) but I have not been able to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2BMrs.Prince View Post
Those are very pretty. I feel like I want to buy my own centerpieces to save on cost, but then I think about carrying all the stuff with me. How can you ensure that the vases won't break?
I love these! they are beautiful. My only worry is that the wind will blow them out. Maybe try a deeper vase?

I know I have posted this before- but all of your feedback is SOOOO helpful :)

With having about 40 guests (any my own photographer and own person marrying us) do you think we should do the FREE wedding package (and do everything as a la carte) or do one of the other ones (and just add on the additional people)? We will have about 20 extra- but will not want the cocktail hour either- so is what you are saying is that Ana said we can use that "cocktail hour" to go towards our actual reception??

Thanks.

With having about 40 guests (any my own photographer and own person marrying us) do you think we should do the FREE wedding package (and do everything as a la carte) or do one of the other ones (and just add on the additional people)? We will have about 20 extra- but will not want the cocktail hour either- so is what you are saying is that Ana said we can use that "cocktail hour" to go towards our actual reception??

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsjcr View Post

Thanks.
I would say you need to look at all the numbers and see what is cheaper. If you do the basic dinner, with the silver menu, it is $46 pp + tax and tip. I believe if comes out to be somewhere near $60pp which is $2400 for 40 people. If you do the love package ($2160) plus the 20 additional in place of the cocktail it is $400 extra, so you are looking at $2560 with the package. You would be paying about $200 more with the package, but you would get some extra things. You could see about making some substitutions for those additional items (videographer in place of photographer?). Do you need your hair done and make-up? That is included in the love package. Look over the additional items and see what works best for you! For us, we are having 40 people and it made more sense you go with the package. Once I started adding things to the free package the price went up quickly!