Photo

Gran Porto Real?!?!?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 vlynnw

vlynnw
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

Ok, I'm needing some help on picking a location. The first place I looked at was Gran Porto Real for the wedding and have our honeymoon at the Royal. We are still planning on doing the honeymoon at the Royal, but I haven't been able to find any information on here from brides that had their wedding at the Gran. If anyone has had or been to a wedding at this resort and could provide some feedback I would really appreciate it.

We're also looking at the Barcelo, and Dreams Tulum. Hopefully with some more information on the Gran, we can start narrowing down our pros and cons!!
    Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#2 dizzon

dizzon
    • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:48 PM

I am planning a wedding at the Gran Porto Real for May 22nd 2010 so I can keep you updated as to how things go. Would also like to hear any information other people have to offer:)

#3 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:28 AM

dizzon, any info your find out since you will be before me would be amazing! Can't wait to hear everything!

#4 Laurita

Laurita
        • 15 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

I am also getting married at Gran Porto Real in 3 months. We chose Gran because we have a 4-year-old daughter so Royal was out of question :)

I assume that Royal is a bit more luxurious but if you have families with kids as guests I think it is nicer to stay all at the same resort. I think it is a good idea to change to Royal for the honeymoon!

As the wedding coordinators are same in both and also the wedding packages I guess it doesnt make a much difference whether you get married at Gran or at Royal.

I can give you more info after our wedding!

#5 Laurita

Laurita
          • 15 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:05 AM

Do a search as well there are some reviews on weddings at Gran:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t23916

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t43618

#6 vlynnw

vlynnw
            • 6,003 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

Thanks Laurita!! Yeah the kids are the main reason for looking at Gran because of my niece and nephew who will be 5 and 8 at the time of the wedding. Can't wait to hear your review, your big day is almost here!!

#7 jchena24

jchena24
              • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

Does anyone have a direct e-mail address for the wedding coordinator at Gran Porto Real? I've sent three e-mails with no response to the general e-mail address. The place looks beautiful and I'd like to investigate it more! HELP!

#8 vlynnw

vlynnw
                • 6,003 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:16 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jchena24
                  Does anyone have a direct e-mail address for the wedding coordinator at Gran Porto Real? I've sent three e-mails with no response to the general e-mail address. The place looks beautiful and I'd like to investigate it more! HELP!
                  This is Angie the WC i've been in contact with from Gran Porto, angieh@realresorts.com

#9 Pinz

Pinz
                  • 38 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:29 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jchena24
                    I have friends who have stayed at the Gran Porto Real and said it was great. I am heading there in January to check it out. I noticed they now have an a la carted Wedding option on their website.

Does anyone know of anyone who did the Mayan ceremony there?
                    Lindsay

#10 dizzon

dizzon
                    • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:15 AM

The person I have been talking with is Angie Hayes at angieh@realresorts.com . I haven't heard anything about the Mayan wedding..we are doing the Luxury wedding. Our wedding is on May 21, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users