Photo

OOT bag Help!!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Joss

Joss
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

We bought nicer bags for the bridal party, and then cheaper (but still nice) bags for the guests. I'm glad to see that people are generally doing one bag per couple. I wasn't sure if i was being cheap or not by doing that.

We are doing 1 big item (mugs) and then a bunch of smaller stuff too. I also hope to do a welcome brochure to put in it too.

How is everyone handing them out once they get to their destination?

#12 merocket59

merocket59
    • 937 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:41 PM

I really didn't even keep track of my budget for my OOT bags, I know that isn't very intelligent of me but I just tried to get the best deal on everything I bought and didn't buy everything I planned to in the beginning. Other than the suggestions that others have made, which are wonderful suggestions, I also used my rewards points from my credit card to purchase gift cards for target and bought from their dollar spot when things were on sale. And I bought a lot of things that had multiple things in one package, for example target had 3 little nail polishes in a package in the dollar spot and I got some of them when they wer 50% off so for $0.50 I got 3 nail polishes so that took care of 3 women.

#13 shoyum

shoyum
      • 159 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

All great ideas. Do most people plan on handing them out at the resort. I would love to go around once we get to the resort and personally thank everyone for coming. I think that would be great!!

#14 wemkulaf

wemkulaf
        • 190 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:33 PM

I agree with everyone else, I am doing 1 bag per room, each bag has something for everyone and then little things they might need while on vacation. When I send out my actual invitations, there will be a list of events, which will be meeting at the pool at a certain time, at that point I will hand out the bags and say thanks to everyone. Or another idea I had was since I am getting there before all my guest, coordinate with the hotel, to put a bag in each of the rooms. Still working out the final plan on how to hand them out.

#15 merocket59

merocket59
          • 937 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:03 PM

I went around when people checked into the hotel and said welcome to Miami and handed them their bags, they all were really surprised and excited, I think it is a great way to say hello!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users