Photo

Manitoba / Winnipeg girls - Post Social information here!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Jules

Jules
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:48 AM

Hi girls,
    We are having our social next weekend and are in the last stages of planning. Just wondering a rough timeline of when you did various things throughout the night such as any special dances, food, closing the silent auction, drawing/posting prizes, your thank you's etc. WE have an idea of how we think it should go but wanted to see what others did to compare.
    Thanks for your help!

#22 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
    • 547 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:32 PM

Good question! I'd love to hear what everyone else did too!
      *~*JENN*~*

#23 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
      • 199 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:47 PM

Here is what we did:

First dance at 10:00
        Food out at 11:00
        Silent Auction and texas mikey at 12:15 - you want to do the silent auction as late as possible because lots of people leave as soon as it is over.

Any other questions just ask! Good Luck
        http://tickers.Ticke....05c0/event.png

Looking to share photographer week of January 16, 2010 Holguin, Cuba

#24 silverangel

silverangel
        • 216 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:44 PM

This is what we did...

First dance: 10:00
          Food: 11:00
          Silent Auction: midnight

I agree that the later you do the auction the better (as everyone does leave) however, we had our's at a legion so it ended at 1 and bar closed at 12:30.

We had 21 regular prizes and 3 grand prizes which took 25 min to draw and that left 5 min for last call...which really was unfair to our guests who rushed to use their last drink tickets...so I wish we would have started 10-15 min earlier.

I did our thank-you right when I was up there before I drew for prizes (while you have their attention!)

Friends of ours did it the other way where they drew the prize tickets and just posted the winning #'s instead of announcing. We felt like we wanted to see which friends and family won, and it kept people there til the end...if no one came forward we re-drew.

#25 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
          • 547 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for the tips Silverangel!!

My FI's friend went to a social and the couple made $16000, is that normal??!! Not to pry, but that seems crazy! They must have had lots of super awesome prizes!!
            *~*JENN*~*

#26 sjmacphe

sjmacphe
            • 291 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:28 PM

Hey Jenna - they must have had A LOT of ppl at theirs! I know some people who have made between $3000-6000, but haven't heard anywhere near that amount! That would be nice

#27 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
              • 199 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:26 PM

How much you make deifnatley depends on how may people you have and of course couples that have a lot of financial support definatley do better. I have known people that did not have to pay for anything for their social so of course they are making more.... Some people only have a few hundred guests and other people have 700 hundred people. 700 people is $7000 in just ticket sales!!!
                http://tickers.Ticke....05c0/event.png

Looking to share photographer week of January 16, 2010 Holguin, Cuba

#28 silverangel

silverangel
                • 216 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:23 AM

No $16,000 is not normal...but friends of ours did.

Prizes make somewhat of a difference, but even if you had the best prizes, it all depends on the amount of people that show up.

#29 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
                  • 547 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:02 PM

Okay Peggers! I still need help getting some social donations. I know its the hardest part of the social, so I could use any ideas you have. We need basket fillers, like gift certs and stuff, and I'd like to get as many donated as I can!! So for those of you who have had your social or are collecting your prizes right now, where did you get donations from

My one good tip is there is this really cute little restaurant in St.Boniface called Beaujena's. They gave us 20- $10 gift certs, plus $20 for my FI and I!

Please share anywhere that you've gotten donations from!

Thanks!!!
                    *~*JENN*~*

#30 Jenn&Kraig

Jenn&Kraig
                    • 190 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

Hey Jenn!!

I forgot about this thread!!

Have you tried Boston Pizza and Fabutan? They are for sures!! BP's does ask for a void ticket, so be sure to have some extas on hand. Have you tried Smitty's, Famous Players, Tan FX, Earls, I had a letter template for social donationa that I'm pretty sure I sent to you originally, have you used it?

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users