Manitoba / Winnipeg girls - Post Social information here!

Joss

Hi! Wow, I haven't checked this thread in a bit. Jenn, I did receive $150 in gift certs from Fabutan. My FI has a friend at BP's, so he said he had that covered too. I never heard back from Famous Players, and never tried Tan FX or Earls, so I'll check them out!

Today I got a donation from Rumour's in the mail. I always get excited when I check it! LOL

Some of the other places that have donated are: Thunder Rapids, The Love Nest, Pelo Loco Salon & Spa, Paintball Paradise, Soul Haven, Golf Dome, Fude and Extreme Tactics. My friends and family have also been great at getting stuff from their businesses, I think it helps to know people!!!!

Have you started looking for donations yet??

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey girls! My social is next weekend! EEKK! There is still so much to do. My biggest problem is I don't know how many tickets to buy for everything. Liquor tickets are easy, but I don't know how many tickets to buy for the regular prizes, grand prizes, 50/50 and Texas Mickey. Particularly the last 2, where they will be "arms length".

If anybody has any recommendations, I'd love to hear them! Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenninjamaica View Post
Hey girls! My social is next weekend! EEKK! There is still so much to do. My biggest problem is I don't know how many tickets to buy for everything. Liquor tickets are easy, but I don't know how many tickets to buy for the regular prizes, grand prizes, 50/50 and Texas Mickey. Particularly the last 2, where they will be "arms length".

If anybody has any recommendations, I'd love to hear them! Thanks!!!
We weren't sure either, but we calculated an average for each person based on the capacity of the hall. The other bonus is, if you buy from the Party Store or Labelles, you can return any unopened rolls. I repeat unopened! Someone thought they would be extra prepared at our social and opened all of our drink ticket rolls and then we didn't end up using them sad.gif

We bought the tickets from Labelles where you have one number only and then you wrip off the little pieces. Then we bought different colored regular rolls for the other prizes and drinks.

Good luck! Let me know if you have more questions, I just woke up so I'm not explaining myself very clearly right now!

Thanks for the advice Jules! We did buy extras just in case, and hopefully we don't get any over zealous helpers! We also got the sheet tickets, I love those!

Summernightsky, I did a combo of emailing/calling/personal visits. Its good to stop by regular hang outs where they know your face. Also we got tons of help from our family and friends. Its easier to get donations if you know someone who works there as its getting harder for places to donate when the stuff gets misused.

I'll do a full review of how tonight goes in a few days. I can't wait for it to be over, its a lot of work!! And getting "girly" is hard too! LOL I can barely type with my new nails!!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally my social is done! It was FANTASTIC! I had the best time. My face hurt after only 20min of being there, so it was a long night!! We actually arrived later than we had planned, my FI is diabetic and because we had been running around and he didn't eat properly, he needed a nap. But when we got there at 9:45 the place was packed. Our wedding party was handling the door so they started cheering and the place erupted in cheers. We felt like rockstars! LOL

I cannot say enough about the crew at Greendell Community Centre. They were so helpful and kept everything running so smoothly. Leonard and his team were so efficient and handled anything that came up, so we could just relax.

Our prizes went over really well. We had to draw for the Wii & accessories, and the Big BBQ (we had 2) out of a huge tub because the paper bags couldn't hold all the tickets!! Hearing everyone's excitement over all the prizes (16 regular & 3 Grand) made all the hard work worth it. My faves were the "As Seen on TV" prize (who doesn't love the Slap Chop!), a Pilates starter kit, and a huge movie-style Popcorn maker.

Unfortunately, our tickets were attacked by an over-zealous aunt, the one person we forgot to tell not to open them! But my FI's cousin is having a social April 1, so they are gonna buy them off of us. We bought way too many tickets, but at least we didn't run out. We bought all of our tickets at The Party Stuff Store except the drink tickets. We got really fun ones at Labelle's, they were sheets of 5 and each ticket said something different like "I'm thirsty" and "time for another drink". Everyone thought they were really fun. To make it easier, I ripped off one ticket, because 4 tickets were $10.

One of the best things we did for the people at the door was give them a "cheat sheet": 4 drink tix=$10, $20=3 sheets, ect. This helped keep the lines moving and helped out our friends so they didn't have to do a lot of math!!

Serving Pizza was a huge success. We ordered 50 and 43 got eaten in what seemed like minutes. Domino's delivered on time and when the bill was higher than we were quoted, a quick phone call honored what we were told. Because we had some guests who can't eat pizza, 2 meat trays were ordered along with a small amount of social food, and this was devoured as well.

I am so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and bought this totally hott dress from Le Chateau Outlet (paid $29.99 for a $169 dress!!). I was so worried about wearing a strapless dress and almost bought a new one, but once I was there I didn't even think about it. And my FI used a free tux rental we won at a wedding show. It was great for everyone who can't be at our wedding to see us really dressed up, especially because we are not "dress up" people.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I can now be considered an expert lol. I received a lot of excellent help on the forum, so I would love to pay it forward.

• 3 months later...

EEEKKK! Our Wedding Social is this Saturday, June 26th, 2010 @ the Prosvita! I am in pure panic mode right now!! We do have some amazing prizes though..Grand Prizes are: 50" Samsung Plasma, PS3 console (slim 120GB) with extra controller and game, and a Bahamas Cruise for 2 nights (round-trip)--includes Marlin Travel luggage set & $200 RBC Visa Gift Card. Some of our regular prizes include: netbook, John Daly Golf Club set, IKEA gift basket, Spa Package (mani, pedi, massage, haircut), his & her mountain bikes, camping package, resort stay in Kelowna or Fairmont BC with luggage set...definetly helps to know people!!