Sign in to follow this  
lexibride

How to determine dress size??

Dress sizes can be pretty variable. I found most dresses were fitting +/- 2 sizes either side of my street size depending on the cut of the dress and fabric. Def go with a larger size, as altering a dress is easier taking out fabric vs. adding. Good luck.

I don't know when the running of the brides event is, but I would definitely recommend you go and try on dresses in a bridal salon first... I think it would be much easier going to running of the brides knowing what type of dress you are looking for and you really won't know this (or what size) until you actually try it on.. Otherwise you'll be there in all of the craziness you won't have time to think about what you really like..

Don't feel bad about not buying there, most people don't buy on there first trip anyway and try at so many different stores before they decide..

Or go to RK Bridal (39th and broadway I think) - it's a large discount store (no appointments needed) and you can definitely try on a lot of different dresses and styles without pressure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexibride View Post
I think I'd feel really funny going to a bridal salon and not making an appt to try dresses on and how could I really get measured without doing that? anyhow, I think I'll just wing it because it's not like I'll be able to pick the sizes I grab, so I'll try anything on I guess!
If there is a davids bridal near you just walk in and try on 3 dresses similar to the style you like and see if you need to go up one or two sizes, that's what I did. They didn't mind that I didn't buy a dress.. they want your business, so I doubt they will say not you can't try on dresses.. good luck

When and where is this event? I am in NY too and would LOVE to go to something like that! The only one I know of is the Filenes Basement one in February, but I do not want to wait that long to get my dress.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics