• Please log in to reply
582 replies to this topic

#291 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
  • 539 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cross
    Welcome to the October Group! It seems like October was miles away and now it is rapidly approaching!
    I totally agree! I'm about to hit the 3-month mark and that seems SOOOOOOOO close!
    ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#292 wendyjd

wendyjd
    • 968 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

Glenny05, welcome to the group, our big days are quickly approaching...

Runningbride, thats right, he said "cancer" was a contraindication to using the zoom, something about possible free radical production. I've been researching online and all I've found is melanoma as a contraindication. I plan to call Discus Dental (maker of Zoom) and see which is right. I'd prefer to use Zoom but not if its not safe for me. I had cervical cancer and had a hysterectomy so no more cancer but I'll follow the manufacturer/dentist recommendations.
      btw, did you get your mugs?

#293 MayanLily

MayanLily
      • 316 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

I went crazy last week ordering wedding stuff... Oriental Trading Company, ebay, discount mugs AND finally parted with my beautiful engagement ring to get the band made. Can't wait to see how it turns out!!!
        Aly

#294 MayanLily

MayanLily
        • 316 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:33 PM

My sister, who is also my MOH, is also a personal trainer. You'd think that'd work to my advantage but I HATE TAKING ADVICE FROM MY LITTLE SISTER! haha I really should get over it.
          Aly

#295 avong1228

avong1228
          • 384 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:18 PM

Ha! My sister who is also in my wedding is a negative 0 or something and tries to give me advice too. She said if I would stop drinking, eating carbs and anything white from now until the wedding, I'd lose weight ... not going to happen!

#296 mexico102

mexico102
            • 300 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:21 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by avong1228
              Ha! My sister who is also in my wedding is a negative 0 or something and tries to give me advice too. She said if I would stop drinking, eating carbs and anything white from now until the wedding, I'd lose weight ... not going to happen!
              what in the world would I eat then.....and lets not even consider not drinking all summer! LOL

#297 MayanLily

MayanLily
              • 316 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

NO KIDDING! What a downer summer we'd have. I wanna lose weight but god, that's torturing yourself.
                Aly

#298 cross

cross
                • 198 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

It's not so much that I don't want to lose weight, it's just that bread tastes so good, and what am I supposed to have with Mexican food, certainly not just water!!!

#299 Hopelesslyblissful

Hopelesslyblissful
                  • 191 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:24 AM

I'm just cutting pop and not chaning my diet too much. I know pop is my weakness..I hate to admit it, its SOO bad for you, but I'll drink like two a day if not more :S other than that I eat pretty healthy!! The FI bought me that Jenny McCarthy wii fit thing so I'm going to do that more often, I actually like it and can totally feel it the next day!!

As for the teeth whitening, I am just using the Crest White strips..though the FI is getting them done professionally
                    http://dwdf.daisypath.com/vWwHm6.png

~19 Booked Plus Bride & Groom~

#300 Cindy*

Cindy*
                    • 2,655 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:54 AM

So my dress is in!! I'm so excited, I go on Friday to try it on. I already know it is quite a bit big (I needed more material in the bust so I had to order up, knowing it would have to be taken in in the waist and hips). But I won't have it altered until closer to the wedding date as FI and I are now doing P90X and I'd like to drop 10 lbs before the wedding.

Talking about exercise and diet, I agree with everyone else about taking in less calories than you burn and building muscle being key. I am already pretty active - I distance run, play soccer and volleyball but I don't really watch what I eat. I don't eat terrible but I am a carb lover and not really a fan of protein. I am 10 lbs heavier than when I met FI 3 1/2 years ago (we both are actually). So to shape up, we are doing P90X, both the fitness and diet plan. I am loving the fitness plan (I don't normally do weights but when I do I tone up a lot so that goal is making me enjoy the pain). I hate the diet plan because its all high protein but I'm sticking with it.

OMG, my wedding is now less than 4 months away, I really need to get on top of my planning. Yikes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users