• Please log in to reply
582 replies to this topic

#221 mexico102

mexico102
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:41 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MayanLily
    Mexico102 I should have done the same. I honestly didn't think all said family members would come, let alone their significant others! It'll be very strange since I'm not close with any of them ( I grew up with my grandparents) and my FI has never met my Dad in 8 years of dating! Having said that, I am honored they all wanted to make the trip. It was really touching and probably not an easy decision for them to make. This is going to be a serious MAMAMIA wedding hehe
    LOL! I guess this is the perfect case of "careful what you ask for"!! Hope your resort is big enough....LOL! On a serious note I'm sure they all know the other is going and plan to behave appropriately--we are talking adults.

#222 hat0112

hat0112
    • 1,219 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:52 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by wendyjd
      Angie, if you had a 2nd dress you could trash it the day before the wedding or do it at your honeymoon location. (I'm such a bad influence)

thanks Hat0112, could a few drinks change his mind
      WOW I've missed so much. Damn work.... ruins all my BDW chatting!

Mexico102- I'm doing placecards for 2 very important reasons. 1. My mom/her boyfiend, stepdad/girlfriend and dad/wife HATE each other and they are all coming! God help me. 2. I found the cutest seashell placecard holders and can't wait to use them! Oh also, I STILL haven't figured out a ticker...
      Wendyjd - I wish a few drinks would convince him! He wants to be able to wear his suit (he is wearing a black suit) after and he is convinced that the TTD would ruin the suit. Oh well! I’ll get my photographer to take some cool pictures without us actually in the water or rolling in the sand.

If I had that situation I would have place cards too! We are lucking that everyone gets along so I am not worried about where they sit, but I absolutely understand if you have people coming to your wedding that don’t get along you want to make sure they aren’t next to each other. Any way to limit the drama!
      Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#223 MayanLily

MayanLily
      • 316 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:03 PM

Yes I'm sure they will all be on their best behavior... i hope! hehe Actually only my mom and her BF are staying at our resort. Stepdad and GF are staying at another resort and Dad and wife rented a condo. They all know better I think! It was funny because FI and I were joking that we should have t-shirts made "team Rae" "team Darrell" and "team Conway" What a sick sense of humor we have!!!
        Aly

#224 mexico102

mexico102
        • 300 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

OMG that is great! So really it will only be for the wedding not for the whole trip. Smart planning on whoever decided those arrangements. I think the Ts would be a real icebreaker.....JK....LOL!

#225 cross

cross
          • 198 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:04 AM

I love this thread. Everytime I read the updates it makes me smile to know that I am not alone in dealing with family or planning issues!

#226 MayanLily

MayanLily
            • 316 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

we were taking a photographer with us to Mexico and she just CANCELLED! What?! This is ridiculous. I'm at a loss for what to do? What you are ladies doing for a photog?
              Aly

#227 Cindy*

Cindy*
              • 2,655 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:38 PM

Aly, that is terrible and so stressful. We are doing the same thing, bringing our photog from here. That she will cancel on us before the wedding is seriously my biggest fear. I hope you are able to find a new one stat and that you get your deposit back.

#228 hat0112

hat0112
                • 1,219 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MayanLily
                  we were taking a photographer with us to Mexico and she just CANCELLED! What?! This is ridiculous. I'm at a loss for what to do? What you are ladies doing for a photog?
                  UH, I’m sorry about your photographer! That sucks!

Well our resort has 4 photographers that they work with so we picked one of them since we have photos included in our wedding package. I wanted to hire someone, but we are already way over budget (Aruba is more expensive than I thought) and we can’t spend the extra money.
                  Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#229 mexico102

mexico102
                  • 300 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:09 PM

would it be an option for a photog down there? Can't think of there names but there is a american couple on this forum that live done in Mexico now...I saw some of there stuff when I was looking at resorts---stunning photos. Maybe a better price? Do a search on here

#230 mexico102

mexico102
                    • 300 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mexico102
                      would it be an option for a photog down there? Can't think of there names but there is a american couple on this forum that live done in Mexico now...I saw some of there stuff when I was looking at resorts---stunning photos. Maybe a better price? Do a search on here
                      Moments that matter photography is the name

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users