Photo

October 2010 Brides?

• Please log in to reply
582 replies to this topic

#191 mexico102

mexico102
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

I totally hear you on the booking thing! I'm getting so annoyed which I know I shouldn't but........! One friend offering help--"what can I do to help?" She hasn't returned the paperwork to the TA yet so she is not booked!!! LOL Unfortunately don't think everyone looks at it like we do---we are the only ones who feels the urgency, to them it still months away!! LOL
    PS I didn't even do invites or save the dates, who am I to complain....LOL!

#192 avong1228

avong1228
    • 384 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:14 PM

I've decided on not having assigned seating so that means no table #'s or place cards, no toasting flutes as that is just more to pack and the resort will have them, and no cake cutting set ... same excuse as the toasting flutes. I figure less to worry about and I can check it off my list!

We just sent our invites a few days ago so we'll see how people are about responding and booking. We hope to only get 10-15 more.

#193 hat0112

hat0112
      • 1,219 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:49 PM

We aren’t doing assigned seating either and none of that other stuff. I’m sure the resort will have something to cut the cake and we only have 18 of us (including my FI & I and if everyone really books) so I figure people can pick their own seats.

Oh other people definitely don’t have an urgency to book, but back in October/November when I was picking my resort and making our reservations I thought my head would explode if I didn’t book everything fast enough!!
        Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#194 mexico102

mexico102
        • 300 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

If possible my head has already exploded a few times....LOL! I don't really care about the seating plan either but I'm doing it because I love the idea of the sanddollars or starfish as the seating cards in a sand tray.

#195 hat0112

hat0112
          • 1,219 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:24 AM

I always loved the mini lounge chair seating cards in a big tray with sand. I wanted to do that, but because of the low number of people coming and the fact I spent way too much on the OOT bags, I need to cut back on a few things.

I love being a Mrs.!

#196 mexico102

mexico102
            • 300 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:25 AM

Yeah, you definately have to know where to draw the line on expenses. I've really saved in other areas so I can spend a little more time/money on other things. Plus I really need to remember that I need to transport all this stuff down there. Are you putting alot in your OOT Bags?

#197 mexico102

mexico102
              • 300 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:26 AM

Yeah I figured out my ticker!!!!! Computer skills not fab!!!

#198 hat0112

hat0112
                • 1,219 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:57 AM

Well my FI and I went a little nuts for our OOT bags. We really wanted things in there that we thought people would like and everyone is paying a lot of money to come. So far (I’m not done yet) we got mini liquor bottles (5 different bottles per bag and we have 12 bags), puzzle books, the bags from Vistaprint, bug repellent wipes, and Advil and Aleve. I still need to get mini sunscreen, mints, small bags of chips and bags of the new M&M Pretzels.

Ha, I hope we don’t have an issue with getting everything there. The only other things we need to bring with us (other then our wedding attire) is the sand ceremony frame and vases, the sand, and the favors (personalized playing cards). All the other decorations and things will be at the resort. I have my parents saving their extra suitcases for us if we need it. I know my suitcase will be overflowing with just vacation stuff and my FI’s will be packed too so I will have to have at least one extra suitcase, if not 2.

I love being a Mrs.!

#199 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
                  • 539 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:34 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by hat0112
                    Well my FI and I went a little nuts for our OOT bags. We really wanted things in there that we thought people would like and everyone is paying a lot of money to come. So far (I’m not done yet) we got mini liquor bottles (5 different bottles per bag and we have 12 bags), puzzle books, the bags from Vistaprint, bug repellent wipes, and Advil and Aleve. I still need to get mini sunscreen, mints, small bags of chips and bags of the new M&M Pretzels.

Ha, I hope we don’t have an issue with getting everything there. The only other things we need to bring with us (other then our wedding attire) is the sand ceremony frame and vases, the sand, and the favors (personalized playing cards). All the other decorations and things will be at the resort. I have my parents saving their extra suitcases for us if we need it. I know my suitcase will be overflowing with just vacation stuff and my FI’s will be packed too so I will have to have at least one extra suitcase, if not 2.
                    Haha you sound just like me! Are you just taking all of that with you? Are you worried about getting the alcohol and food through customs? Are you shipping anything down there? I'm getting most of my decorations once we get to the resort, but I'm worried about the goodies for my OOT bags. I really went all out and don't want anything to get taken from me in customs. UGH!!!!!

Oh, I got my guests to finally start booking by telling them I called the hotel and it's over half full already. Hehe. What they don't know doesn't hurt them.....
                    ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#200 wendyjd

wendyjd
                    • 968 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:11 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by RunningBride24

Oh, I got my guests to finally start booking by telling them I called the hotel and it's over half full already. Hehe. What they don't know doesn't hurt them.....
                      too funny. I may need to try this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users