Photo

October 2010 Brides?

• Please log in to reply
582 replies to this topic

#121 Cindy*

Cindy*
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

Runningbride, we are scheduled for 4:30 pm. My WC was suggesting we book for 5:30 as she said that would be a perfect time. We picked 4:30 because we wanted to maximize our reception as we only have until 10:30 for the reception. Is your photographer local to Mexico? If so, he would be a good person to ask for a recommendation.

#122 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
    • 539 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:36 PM

Thanks Cindy!

Yes, my photographer thought 5pm would be great. I was all for a little earlier because I'm worried about how dark it gets right after the sunset. Thanks for the tip! :)
      ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#123 hat0112

hat0112
      • 1,219 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:01 AM

We are getting married at 5:30 at the recommendation of our WC. Sunset is at 6:18 on our wedding day and the ceremony will last about 20 minutes. We have been told that is the best time to take pictures after the ceremony since we will be taking them during sunset.
        Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#124 MayanLily

MayanLily
        • 316 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:26 PM

Oh October brides! I love listening to all your wedding preps. You are all wayyyy more organized than me. I end up leaving this thread freaking out that I'm 4 months behind everyone!

Before we knew it Wendyjd and I are going to be like "oh s**t we're getting married next week!!!" hehe
          Aly

#125 wendyjd

wendyjd
          • 968 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:07 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MayanLily
            Oh October brides! I love listening to all your wedding preps. You are all wayyyy more organized than me. I end up leaving this thread freaking out that I'm 4 months behind everyone!

Before we knew it Wendyjd and I are going to be like "oh s**t we're getting married next week!!!" hehe
            no kidding, my big accomplishment was finally booking our trip (and getting my band).

Do you have pics of your new dress? I wanna see.

#126 divasmurfette

divasmurfette
            • 14 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:58 PM

Ha! I second the motion on wanting the 10-10-10 date, but it was just too crazy and heavily booked! We scraped that idea, changed to a DW for Tensing Pen, Negril Jamaica on Oct. 2nd instead - because it worked out! Hooray for October brides!

#127 Mrs Price 2010

Mrs Price 2010
              • 74 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:36 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by divasmurfette
                Ha! I second the motion on wanting the 10-10-10 date, but it was just too crazy and heavily booked! We scraped that idea, changed to a DW for Tensing Pen, Negril Jamaica on Oct. 2nd instead - because it worked out! Hooray for October brides!
                I wanted 10-10-10 as well! But our hotel don't carry out weddings on Sunday's, so we went for 5-10-10 or 10-05-10 depending on where your from! Nice easy date for the FI to remember anniversary's!

#128 eunice.kindred

eunice.kindred
                • 69 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

yeah 10-10-10 is crazy but i was fortunate to have the day open - so it's booked! I'm so slacking on this planning thing though - has anyone gotten their invites out yet? is it ever too early? I wanted to send mine early June... AND i still don't have a dress ...

#129 MayanLily

MayanLily
                  • 316 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:59 PM

Get on that dress Eunice. Some places here in Canada take 6 months to get a dress in! I think you can send out your invites whenever you want. It's your wedding! I'm actually not even doing invites :)
                    Aly

#130 wendyjd

wendyjd
                    • 968 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:14 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by eunice.kindred
                      yeah 10-10-10 is crazy but i was fortunate to have the day open - so it's booked! I'm so slacking on this planning thing though - has anyone gotten their invites out yet? is it ever too early? I wanted to send mine early June... AND i still don't have a dress ...
                      Eunice, welcome to the slackers club with Mayanlily and myself, jk. Get on your dress and invites (unless you already did std's then you have some more time). Congrats on getting your date secured and the upcoming wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users