October 2010 Brides?

Jo 2010

HEY fellow 10-10-10!!!

It seems we all have the SAME exact dilemmas when it comes to RSVPs. I mean SERIOUSLY its a frickin WEDDING!!! Don't people know how IMPORTANT it is and how many DEADLINES there are. GEEZ!!!!! Even PEOPLE who've been MARRIED before, u'd think they'd sympathize with you!!!! but NOOOOOOO!!! SO frustrating... SOrry guys just wanted to vent.... But anyhooo... not stressing about that!! That's what invitations are for--to let people know =and to get a response,, there's already a stamp and its addressed, just check a box, lick and drop in the mail box--I guess that's very hard to do!!! Go figure!! I am NOT going to chase people to email them, call them, etc, if they didn't  RSVP, they're not going. I'm not stressing. If they decide to go, guess what??? They're not getting an OOT bag and I"M picking their meal for them!! And I'm going to pcik the complete Opposite of what they would want. Because seriously people NEED to learn their LESSONS..

Anyway, I have a QUESTION??? For the brides who are doing their civil wedding in the STATES, do you know if we need to do it BEFORE the mExican Wedding or can we do it AFTER??? Thanks....

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by YrishCathe View Post

HEY fellow 10-10-10!!!

It seems we all have the SAME exact dilemmas when it comes to RSVPs. I mean SERIOUSLY its a frickin WEDDING!!! Don't people know how IMPORTANT it is and how many DEADLINES there are. GEEZ!!!!! Even PEOPLE who've been MARRIED before, u'd think they'd sympathize with you!!!! but NOOOOOOO!!! SO frustrating... SOrry guys just wanted to vent.... But anyhooo... not stressing about that!! That's what invitations are for--to let people know =and to get a response,, there's already a stamp and its addressed, just check a box, lick and drop in the mail box--I guess that's very hard to do!!! Go figure!! I am NOT going to chase people to email them, call them, etc, if they didn't  RSVP, they're not going. I'm not stressing. If they decide to go, guess what??? They're not getting an OOT bag and I"M picking their meal for them!! And I'm going to pcik the complete Opposite of what they would want. Because seriously people NEED to learn their LESSONS..

Anyway, I have a QUESTION??? For the brides who are doing their civil wedding in the STATES, do you know if we need to do it BEFORE the mExican Wedding or can we do it AFTER??? Thanks....

Hi Everyone!  I just found this thread, woohoo!!  I'm getting married 10-30-10 at the Royal Playa del Carmen.  I can't believe it's getting SO close!

Cathe - We are getting our legal done a week before the wedding.  You can do it either before or after...but I didn't want to go on our honeymoon without really being "married".  I think it's nice to do a quickie legal one here so when you do the ceremony in Mexico you know its 100% real :)

P.S.  Those are EXACTLY my thoughts on RSVPs!!!  Soooo true....why do  people not RSVP?  Only about half of ours did it on time.  It's like pulling teeth!  Adding wayyyy too much unnecessary stress!

smile120.gif I KNOW! Don't get stress out. I was in the same boat not too long ago and now it's too late. We got little more than a month to go and you have other things to worry about besides the LAZY ASS PEOPLE!!!

We are getting married at a court house before our Mexico "civil" wedding. Just make sure your passport and all other reservations are in your maiden name - if you do decide to start changing your name on things before your trip.

Originally Posted by YrishCathe View Post

HEY fellow 10-10-10!!!

Welcome!!! We are very close. There are just too many things to do!!!

Originally Posted by Natalie79 View Post

Hi Everyone!  I just found this thread, woohoo!!  I'm getting married 10-30-10 at the Royal Playa del Carmen.  I can't believe it's getting SO close!

Cathe - We are getting our legal done a week before the wedding.  You can do it either before or after...but I didn't want to go on our honeymoon without really being "married".  I think it's nice to do a quickie legal one here so when you do the ceremony in Mexico you know its 100% real :)

P.S.  Those are EXACTLY my thoughts on RSVPs!!!  Soooo true....why do  people not RSVP?  Only about half of ours did it on time.  It's like pulling teeth!  Adding wayyyy too much unnecessary stress!

Ya I've pretty much assumed anyone I haven't heard from, that they aren't coming. But then some people are still telling us they are trying to work out being able to come. At the one month before mark I'm shutting that down.

Soooo I really should be doing stuff but I'm leaving Thursday night for Vegas and really that's all that's on my mind.

I'm still trying to figure out flowers and our cake isn't organized, we haven't finalized our ceremony script, my brother is assigned to music and I haven't heard from him in terms of how the playlists are coming along, my parents were supposed to pick the wines, haven't heard back from them on that, FI still doesn't have his tie or shoes, but at least he now has a suit, he really wanted OOT bags but nothing has happened, so we're super set!!!!

The weird part is I'm not really stressed at all?? WTF?

We are doing our legal ceremony on the 1st here in Toronto. I don't think it matters whether you do it before or after though. I think it's a personal choice.

So I got my mugs for the OOT bags last night and I am super excited.  FI really wanted to use Bubba Kegs.  Problem was with 55 confirmed guests, I didn't want to spend the money for bubba kegs when we could get mugs so much cheaper from Discount Mugs.  Anyway, we had been to Rona (like Home Depot for the Americans) and they were clearing out their Bubba Kegs.  They had them on for $4.99 each and the cheapest we'd found them otherwise was almost $7 from a wholesaler.  So yesterday night we went back to get them.  It was almost 10 pm and the store was empty.  They had exactly 50 in the store so I bought them all.  Well some of them were pretty dusty so when we got up to the cash I figured I'd ask if I could get a discount.  So the cashier calls 2 different people to ask if they can authorize a discount.  So the first calls back and says can sell them for $4.00 each so I am thinking amazing, just saved $50.  Then the other manager calls back and says she can give us 10% off.  So she gave us BOTH discounts and the mugs worked out to be $3.60 ($4.06 each all taxes in). Score! 

Originally Posted by Cindy* View Post

So I got my mugs for the OOT bags last night and I am super excited.  FI really wanted to use Bubba Kegs.  Problem was with 55 confirmed guests, I didn't want to spend the money for bubba kegs when we could get mugs so much cheaper from Discount Mugs.  Anyway, we had been to Rona (like Home Depot for the Americans) and they were clearing out their Bubba Kegs.  They had them on for $4.99 each and the cheapest we'd found them otherwise was almost $7 from a wholesaler.  So yesterday night we went back to get them.  It was almost 10 pm and the store was empty.  They had exactly 50 in the store so I bought them all.  Well some of them were pretty dusty so when we got up to the cash I figured I'd ask if I could get a discount.  So the cashier calls 2 different people to ask if they can authorize a discount.  So the first calls back and says can sell them for $4.00 each so I am thinking amazing, just saved $50.  Then the other manager calls back and says she can give us 10% off.  So she gave us BOTH discounts and the mugs worked out to be $3.60 ($4.06 each all taxes in). Score! 

What an amazing deal for Bubba Kegs!!!  I bought one a while ago for the beach and I love it!  It keeps drinks cold FOREVER.

If we get married at the court house before we leave for Mexico what doumentations do we need to bring with us to Mexico? When should I tell my wedding coordinator?

OMG...I can't believe it's only 8 weeks away.

Did anyone get a linen suit for the groom? I still have not gotten outfits for my FI or the groomsmen, I'm soooooo slacking!

Originally Posted by Scorpio30 View Post

If we get married at the court house before we leave for Mexico what doumentations do we need to bring with us to Mexico? When should I tell my wedding coordinator?

OMG...I can't believe it's only 8 weeks away.

Did anyone get a linen suit for the groom? I still have not gotten outfits for my FI or the groomsmen, I'm soooooo slacking!

You don't need to bring any documentation unless you started changing your last name before you left.  I'm not going to do that until we get back from the honeymoon so I don't have to deal with the hassle.

I know for my property, they call it a "Symbolic" ceremony if it's not legal.  That is what we are doing :)

I haven't found suits at all!  I need to start too ASAP.

So she gave us BOTH discounts and the mugs worked out to be $3.60 ($4.06 each all taxes in). Score!

Awesome! I have been planning our wedding for the last 15 months so when bubba kegs went on sale last Aug I bought the amount I needed for 50% off. I bought the automotive style bubba so that people could possibly get more use out of them.

FYI: I bought a package of j-cloths and cut them in half. Then I dotted them with Sunlight dish detergent and let them dry. After they dried, I put each cloth in it's own ziplock bag and put one in each Bubba - that way guests can wash their mug when ever they need to.