October 2010 Brides?

Jo 2010

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOT-WOOT for October 2010 Brides!!!

5 Months & i'm getting so antsy...I have about 17 people booked, but there are 40 in total who said they were going. Its so tough, because i REALLY want to start buying stuff...sashes, favors, etc...but can't until i have the exact number of people. I sent out my invites a month ago & gave everyone until June 1st to RSVP...but I wish I had've given them less time lol..

Regardless...its getting close & the 5 months are going to fly by. :)

I hear you on the waiting to buy things. We have over 50 people already booked and several more who have told us they are coming. When we planned the wedding, I anticipated only like 30 to 40 people total. In my excitement, I started buying OOT things early and am now facing the problem that I don't have enough and am not sure how to get more because I bought them from other brides. You are definitely smart to wait for your final numbers before buying things.

Hello October 2010 Brides! I am getting married at the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana, Dominican Rep on Oct 19th, 2010. I have 9 people going (we invited only parents and siblings with their SO) so 11 in total (including us). Everyone will be booking their flights/hotel by the end of this week.

I have picked my dress (ordered it with the matching hair piece) and am waiting for it to arrive (within the next few weeks). I have my shoes but need to figure out what jewelery I am going to wear.

I don't have any BM or GM. I have picked burnt orange as my wedding color as I was told by my wedding photographer that that color pops in photos. I am bringing a real touch flower bouquet with me along with matching flowers as the cake topper. I have also found burnt orange chair sashes and table runners but can't order them until the end of May (as they are out of stock).

Photographer is booked. I know were I am going to order my fiances wedding clothes from.

I have purchased Bubba Kegs for my guests (put the Canadian Flag and each persons initials on each keg using stickers). I have also bought key/badgeID folders for tips and room key. I have also bought colorful luggage tags so it will be easier to keep an eye out for everyone's luggage. I have beige wooden fans (from Michaels Arts and Crafts) to be placed on each guests seat so they can fan themselves if the afternoon wedding is hot.

I think that is everything so far. I look forward to chatting with everyone!

Wow, Michele, sure sounds like you are on top of things. I heart your small wedding, that is what we wanted (well smallish) but we got more than we bargained for. Oh well, I am very excited about having so many people there, it just means a lot more money than we had originally anticipated.

Alison- it's not too late at all! I'm not even doing invitations so you're one step ahead of me.

Angie- I know I've said this before but you are sooooo organized. I'm feeling like I haven't really done anything yet. Also, I just realized... we might overlap at the Paradisus! I'm getting there on Sunday October 17 (2 days after your wedding!)

Ok so.. so far i've bought a few things here and there for the OOT bags. Dress is bought but needs to be drycleaned. I have my hairpin, just married flipflops, placecard holders. No idea what FI wants to wear! To be honest, I'm more worried about the actual wedding stuff than the little things I need to organize before hand. I'm hoping I can do like 95% of the wedding planning when I arrive at the resort. LOL I'm probably delusional though!

Alison, I don't think its too late at all.

Mayan Lily, I don't think you're delusional. Its my plan as well. I am amazed by the elaborate plans of so many brides here. I don't know if I could do it. I've ordered OOT bags and thinking about stuffing them but kind of waiting on rsvp's. I'm debating on photog, I'd like to hire one but am paying for a relative to go and she wouldn't go if i just offered to pay, so instead I asked her to take pics for us, so I don't know what to do. We get some pics with the package so I'll probly just go with that, but I would like a ttd. argh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayanLily View Post
Alison- it's not too late at all! I'm not even doing invitations so you're one step ahead of me.

Angie- I know I've said this before but you are sooooo organized. I'm feeling like I haven't really done anything yet. Also, I just realized... we might overlap at the Paradisus! I'm getting there on Sunday October 17 (2 days after your wedding!)

Ok so.. so far i've bought a few things here and there for the OOT bags. Dress is bought but needs to be drycleaned. I have my hairpin, just married flipflops, placecard holders. No idea what FI wants to wear! To be honest, I'm more worried about the actual wedding stuff than the little things I need to organize before hand. I'm hoping I can do like 95% of the wedding planning when I arrive at the resort. LOL I'm probably delusional though!

We are leaving on the 16th sad.gif but most of the people attending our wedding will be there until Sunday. That sucks we'll miss eachother!

That does suck! Maybe we'll get your room HAHA

Wendy, there are some serious planners on this website! I am definatly not that hardcore however I will probably be paying the price come September when I discover that there is a list a mile long I still need to get done. MEH! I'll worry about it in Sept. Does that family member that is taking your pics know much about photography? Maybe you can research other ttd ideas and attempt it. OR you can be sneaky sneaky and hire the photog from the resort to do one the next day and say they threw in a ttd for free! wink.gif sneaky sneaky