Photo

Door magnets

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 cruisebride0410

cruisebride0410
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:55 AM

I read on another Web site that cruisers sometimes decorate their doors to easily identify their room. Apparently all the doors in the ship are magnetic too. I was thinking that a door magnet might be something fun include in my OOT bags or have someone put on the doors of my guests. Has anyone ever seen this or thought about doing it?

#2 FatCracker

FatCracker
    • 192 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:57 AM

If you haven't tried Vistaprint I hightly recommend it. They have so many designs, and great freebie deals too! They have everything from magnets, to decals, to postcards, to banners, etc....and you can personalize it all!
      I've also seen the whiteboard/chalkboard idea, which is VERY cute...8 )

#3 merocket59

merocket59
      • 937 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:42 PM

Darn I didn't know the doors were all metal that would have been fun to decorate, oh well, I made door tags.

#4 cruisebride0410

cruisebride0410
        • 178 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:10 PM

I saw car magnets on Vistaprint. Is the stuff on there really free? You just pay shipping?

#5 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
          • 258 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by cruisebride0410
            I saw car magnets on Vistaprint. Is the stuff on there really free? You just pay shipping?
            It's free! All you have to pay for is the shipping. I just designed some car door magnets for my brother-in-law's business (he's a landscaper). They came in today and they look great. I always get the cheapest shipping option and usually have the stuff at my door within a week and a half.

#6 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
            • 340 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

I want to do the same thing! Our TA put our room down the hall from the other balcony rooms, and most of our guests are booking interior rooms, so I want to do something so we can all find each other. Magnets sound like a great idea...maybe get those write on/wipe off magnetic boards.

#7 FatCracker

FatCracker
              • 192 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:55 PM

Vistaprint is awesome! You only pay shipping, and if you want to order more the prices aren't bad. I've made several "free" orders, and everything looks great! Works out to around $2 per item...personalized and delivered!

There are some great threads on here with some great vistaprint ideas.

I also saw another idea on another forum. She took a small sized whiteboad, put double sided tape on the back, and used stencil paint and stickers for the decoration.
                You could always use the manets strips on the back too!

#8 cece9922

cece9922
                • 60 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:49 PM

Just wanted to let you all know that I tried the magnets on the doors and it didn't work. If you use double sided tape though its perfect!

#9 merocket59

merocket59
                  • 937 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:22 PM

Def do something because my door tags with a normal 2in circle cutout for the handle kept falling off of the door handles so it is too bad the magnets didn't work, I would bring a little tape to help reinforce them.

#10 cruisebride0410

cruisebride0410
                    • 178 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:36 PM

I think it must depend on the cruise ship. I will have to pack some tape as a backup for sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users