The way he proposed...

Well I think I will go ahead and give my engagement story.

Our 3 year anniversary was on July 18th, and a few weeks before Adam asked me if I would like to go to hocking hills (a perfect place to get away for a weekend without going too far from home), of course I jumped on a weekend get away. He told my to find a cabin I wanted to stay in and he would set everything up from there. I spent a week finding the perfect romantic spot for us. We both have very busy schedules so to get an entire weekend together is very rare, even though we live together. The weekend was going to be perfect we were going to hike and enjoy the outdoors, and even made zip-line reservations!! (awesome I highly recommend doing this!)

Saturday morning rolled around and we decided to hike around the area (this place has a lot of rock features and natural waterfalls). We hiked a good 5 hours before he popped the question. As we kept walking he kept saying how disappointed he was and how nothing was working out. Of course I'm like what do you mean it's beautiful out here. (I was starting to get suspicous because his complaints were that there had been no rain so there were no waterfalls and unfortunately a lot of children running around). So after we reached his ideal point for him to be crushed we hiked another 2 miles where we finally took a break on the side of some cliffs overlooking what would have been cedar falls but only a trickle of water was left.

We climbed up some rocks and decided to take a break before heading back. There was no one else around at this point. Then as we are sitting there he starts to say...well you can't say that I never listen to you because I remember you once said how awesome it would be to be proposed to near a waterfall...as he pulled out the ring from his pocket. Now I didn't cry, the only thing I could do was smile and laugh, my cheeks actually started to hurt. I was still trying to comprehend that this was actually happening! After he asked me to marry him and spend the rest of my life with him, I managed a yes! He hadn't opened the ring box, in fact he told me to open it, and when I did i'm pretty sure my jaw dropped. I got to see what took him 3 months to design, the most perfect ring I could have ever imagined with vintage scroll and an asscher cut diamond. I was completely shocked, everything was absolutely perfect, I don't think I could have planned it better myself!

At that point we were both ready to hike back to the car and head back to the cabin where a nice relaxing hot-tub and bottle of Moet awaited us.

I asked him later if he had been nervous and his response was, "asking you was easy, asking your dad was a little bit more difficult".

Ohh! That is soo sweet!!!

I love how he remembered about you mentioning the waterfalls, and that asking you was easy.

Well I guess my turn....

My FI and I were traveling through some parts of Europe last summer. One of our destinations was Switzerland, were one of his brothers lives. On one of the last days there, we went to Zurich for the day (which he knew I would LOVE). Towards the end of the day, during sunset, his brother casually disappeared and my FI and I were on this long dock (for cruise ships), surrounded nothing but peaceful water with swans, and the mountains around us with an incredible sunset. We were taking pictures, and as we were about to leave he said "I have something to ask you..."! Pulls out this beautiful custom ring that he has been designing for 6 months and continues the usual speech. I'll tell you, thank God we were alone, I was crying like a baby! After that his brother appears out of nowhere and we buy a bottle of champagne to celebrate right then and there, I love Europe for that, LOL! After we came back from our trip I check my emails, and there's one from his brother....he captured the whole proposal on camera, and made it into a slide show for us!!!

Now we'll be getting married a few weeks short of our 7 year anniversary!